The Student Room Group

Games you hate/dislike that everyone else loves?

For me its COD and Terraria. I probably can't stand COD mainly because of how popular it is and how every single game they release is pretty much the exact same as the last and as for Terraria, its not a bad game, just can't really seem to get into it or enjoy it :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

I don't get this not liking a game because its popular thing.

Can't stand Fifa games any more. Loved them til the early 00s, but then they changed and went horrible.

Dirt series, again, all awful. Bring back Colin McRae style rally games!

Tekken games. Ever since I discovered Soul Calibur I've found Tekken to be too slow.

Bioshock. Its an FPS that's rubbish at being an FPS.

Half Life. Boring, linear gameplay and a foetus for a final boss. Great.

Quake 3 Arena. Horrible movement physics.

Assassin's Creed 1. What a boring game!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Reply 2
I think a big reason why people hate a lot of the popular games that come out is because a lot of the time designers get too caught up with all the attention and glory they got from the previous game, they are too lazy to make the next one even better so each game they release from the first successful one is pretty much the exact same with a few small changes so it gets boring after a while.

Ah Quake 3! I forgot about that. That wasn't the best either. Never been into football so never played any of the Fifa games lol.
Oh god I couldn't like Terraria.
I loved the Saboteur but it got fairly mixed reviews.
Same for Mirror's Edge, amazing game in my eyes!
I didn't like Batman Arkham Asylum.
Nor did I like Deus Ex Human Revolution.
I prefer CoD to Battlefield.
I thought Papers Please was kinda dull.
Skyrim was my favourite Elder Scrolls.
Assassin's Creed Revelations was my second favourite AC game.
I wasn't too fond of Just Cause 2.
I think Dragon's Dogma is better than Dark Souls.

... Just a few of my unpopular opinions!

EDIT: OOh forgot the biggie. Not only is Mass Effect 3 my favourite Mass Effect, it's my second favourite game of all time and I loved it, even the ending.
Sue me.
Reply 4
Original post by Tom_green_day
Oh god I couldn't like Terraria.
I loved the Saboteur but it got fairly mixed reviews.
Same for Mirror's Edge, amazing game in my eyes!
I didn't like Batman Arkham Asylum.
Nor did I like Deus Ex Human Revolution.
I prefer CoD to Battlefield.
I thought Papers Please was kinda dull.
Skyrim was my favourite Elder Scrolls.
Assassin's Creed Revelations was my second favourite AC game.
I wasn't too fond of Just Cause 2.

EDIT: OOh forgot the biggie. Not only is Mass Effect 3 my favourite Mass Effect, it's my second favourite game of all time and I loved it, even the ending.
Sue me.

I wasn't too keen on Just Cause 2, I felt as though it was lacking something. It now has a multiplayer mod that makes the game sooo much better.
Original post by Yasmin25
I wasn't too keen on Just Cause 2, I felt as though it was lacking something. It now has a multiplayer mod that makes the game sooo much better.

I can't say I've played it since I'm a console gamer but I agree there was just an absence of any soul in it that I missed.
The Sims
Original post by Yasmin25
For me its COD and Terraria. I probably can't stand COD mainly because of how popular it is and how every single game they release is pretty much the exact same as the last and as for Terraria, its not a bad game, just can't really seem to get into it or enjoy it :s-smilie:

I like COD story campaign but that's it...
Mass effect
Far cry
Not a big fan of FIFA but still buy it coz of bro

Bought battlefield 4, so boring :colonhash: haven't touched it for days :/
Reply 8
FIFA/PES etc without a doubt. Only thing I can stand is FIFA Street.
It's annoying cause it's literally all anyone plays these days and they never stop going on about it.... I feel so left out... grrr.

I've tried to get into but I just don't like it that much, seems pointless and long. I would much rather be shooting at things than romancing players for my FUT.
Reply 9
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
I like COD story campaign but that's it...
Mass effect
Far cry
Not a big fan of FIFA but still buy it coz of bro

Bought battlefield 4, so boring :colonhash: haven't touched it for days :/

Agreed about the COD story campaign, only reason I love it. Plus Zombies when available. Wanted to try Battlefield, what's boring about it?
I don't like Halo, I prefer pretty much every single other FPS series I've played, even perfect dark zero. The controls are just so floaty and the guns feel underpowered and inaccurate so it's just not that fun to play.

I also don't like fighting games like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. To me they are pointless, like someone took a single component of a proper game (i.e. the fighting) and made THAT an entire game. I prefer something like Devil May Cry, God of War or the Batman games as they have combo based combat mechanics, but also story, exploration, puzzle solving, enemy variety...etc.

Fable, it just seemed **** after playing various Zelda or Elder Scrolls games, they just do that kind of thing so much better.
Oooh yeah, Halo. That's another terribly dull game.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Eurgh Oblivion. Boring characters, confusing storyline. Enough said.
Reply 13
GTA is boring.
Reply 14
Original post by mikeyd85

Assassin's Creed 1. What a boring game!

Blasphemy.
I really didn't like AC3
Couldn't finish it
Jesus Christ I hated Connor so much -_-
Reply 16
I hate fifa. Each "new" version has the same specs just with different players. Unless there is something i just can't see.

Original post by Tom_green_day

Really?? I bought dark souls in the steam sale and haven't been let down; (apart from all those thousands of times i died walking off the edge of things :rolleyes:). How is it better?
Far Cry 3 find camp, kill camp guards, drive to next camp, rinse and repeat 50 times.
Original post by RadioHawk
I really didn't like AC3
Couldn't finish it
Jesus Christ I hated Connor so much -_-

I envy you for not finishing it, probably the worst ending I've ever seen in a video game.
Original post by randomd_love
I hate fifa. Each "new" version has the same specs just with different players. Unless there is something i just can't see.

Really?? I bought dark souls in the steam sale and haven't been let down; (apart from all those thousands of times i died walking off the edge of things :rolleyes:). How is it better?

Agree with FIFA, especially when you include all similar football games!
Well Dark Souls is good but have you ever played Monster Hunter games? The old ones on PSP? I loved them and Dragon's Dogma is the perfect mix of Dark Souls, Monster Hunter and Skyrim (My #3 game). I think it's made by the same people as Monster Hunter and Dark Souls (not dev, but actual people)

Quick Reply

Latest