The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IlariaM
I emailed the physics department on 20th december asking for a clarification about my conditions but they still haven't replied. Do you think I should contact them again or is it normal that it takes then such a long time to email back?

Uni was basically shut for Christmas at that point, and term doesn't start again until this Monday, though the administrative staff probably came back two days ago. So, they're probably still dealing with a big backlog.

If you haven't heard within another week or ten days, then send another email.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 941
Original post by Origami Bullets
Uni was basically shut for Christmas at that point, and term doesn't start again until this Monday, though the administrative staff probably came back two days ago. So, they're probably still dealing with a big backlog.

If you haven't heard within another week or ten days, then send another email.

Thank you, I'll follow your advice :smile:
i got an offer for pharmacology
Original post by dragonwarrior
i got an offer for pharmacology

Congrates!!!!
Funny story i did pharmacy last year but withdrawn from it however the medical pharmacology and pharmaceutical chemistry which we shared with pharmacology were so interesting!! You will enjoy it, it was just the pharmacy ones which were so boring :c

Im doing chemistry now, waiting for an offer :crossedf:
Reply 944
UOM - reject :frown: , manc met fingers crossed
Original post by njharan22

:console:

Where else have you applied to?

Sorry to hear man!,
Dont worry though there are other universities and there in extra for most courses tbh.
What course did you apply for?
Original post by StretfordEnd
For anyone applying with the school of social sciences...roughly how long did it take you from confirmation of receipt to receiving an offer?

Submitted my application on Tuesday, got a confirmation from from the central student admissions folks yesterday.

I've applied for PPE, by the way :biggrin:

I got my PPE offer about 3 days after I'd applied, I don't know anyone else who applied for it though so I couldn't tell you how long it takes for the average offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 948
Anyone else got a maths interview on 13th feb? Just confirmed my place for it
Original post by StretfordEnd
For anyone applying with the school of social sciences...roughly how long did it take you from confirmation of receipt to receiving an offer?

Submitted my application on Tuesday, got a confirmation from from the central student admissions folks yesterday.

I've applied for PPE, by the way :biggrin:

I applied for Economics and it took about a week/and a bit!
Good luck!:smile:
Original post by SkAlley
Regardless of whether you've firmed or not, you can start applying for accommodation RIGHT NOW, as its a 1st come 1st served kind of deal, and then if you don't firm or insure it, they just take your name off the list, simples :smile:

Ask 'Origami Bullets' for more info though, she's the go-to girl for everything UoM related on TSR :biggrin:

:ditto: to what SkAlley said

Thank you! I should probably start seeing which one is for me then.
Original post by Soontobesuper
I don't think you start until you make your decision, but don't nec take my word for it.
I'm In the same position, stuck between Courses and unis. Which/where are yu contemplating?

It's not between universities for me, I do know I want to go to Manchester. (If I get the grades that is :s-smilie:)
I've got offers for Economics, Economics and Finance and IBFE - so yeah the way they're all pretty similar, the whole job prospect aspect and stuff is confusing me.

What about you?
Original post by Procrastinator123
It's not between universities for me, I do know I want to go to Manchester. (If I get the grades that is :s-smilie:)
I've got offers for Economics, Economics and Finance and IBFE - so yeah the way they're all pretty similar, the whole job prospect aspect and stuff is confusing me.

What about you?

Have you gone through the modules in fine detail? That should provide some answers, because the career prospects between the three aren't going to be noticeably different, so you may as well pick the one you prefer.
Have you gone through the modules in fine detail? That should provide some answers, because the career prospects between the three aren't going to be noticeably different, so you may as well pick the one you prefer.

Yes, that is very true. The finance one has more maths units, which I do not have at A Level, so that does slightly worry me. :confused:
Reply 954
I heard that the maths modules in finance are not difficult. Because they give it to you depending on what level you have. So if it's just GCSE level then they'll work on that
got an offer for management :biggrin: anyone else going to the visit day on the 19th feb??
Original post by Procrastinator123
Yes, that is very true. The finance one has more maths units, which I do not have at A Level, so that does slightly worry me. :confused:

Do check, but I'm pretty sure they do different maths modules for people with GCSE, AS and A2 maths. However, if you don't like maths at all then you shouldn't be doing an economics / finance degree, as a lot of economics / finance is maths

Original post by rubberduck5
got an offer for management :biggrin: anyone else going to the visit day on the 19th feb??

Congratulations!

You can apply for accommodation now - FAQ here :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2091577
Reply 957
:console:

Where else have you applied to?

i applied for social anthropology, ive also applied for 2 courses at manchester met, hull and belfast , fingers crossed ill get some good news from 1 of them!
i applied for social anthropology, ive also applied for 2 courses at manchester met, hull and belfast , fingers crossed ill get some good news from 1 of them!

You've got a good range of unis there, so I'm sure you'll get some offers.

I always think that if you aren't rejected from one uni, you probably weren't aiming high enough anyway :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 959
A bit late posting but I applied for Social Anthropology on the 5th of October and received my offer two weeks later, ABB. I also applied to HSPS at Cambridge which would have been my firm but I'm in the pool and it seems unlikely that it's going to work out so Manchester it is! On the upside, the course looks amazing :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending