The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

I'm quite worried, I am a home applicant with UKCAT-682.5 and UCAS-660:s-smilie:
Reply 1681
Original post by manupalace
For A100 (standard entry course) or A101 (grad entry course)?

I'm not sure to be honest, (his interview was somewhere around the 21st if that sheds light on what course it is)
Original post by MX123
I personally know a grad with an interview and 730 ukcat

On a side note (regarding the person who posted the two emails). On the first email it said the cut of was 2890 for ukcat but then the second email said between 3000something to 2400… have I missed something or is there not a contradiction here?

Well the 2890 is a100 and 3010 (752.5) is a101 .. All the stuff about Ucas tariff points and Ukcats is for awesome a level ( equivalent people)

grads it's just Ukcat for both a100 and a101 .( so the Ukcat for grads in both programmes is generally slightly higher as there is nothing else taken into account )
. But obviously a100 will have a lower Ukcat than a101 as a101 the places are very limited on a101 compared to a100
This probably confused ( i am waffling a bit i dont know why ... Its jus the thought of rejection is scrambling ma mind .... Wooo that actually rhymed ) I hope it has made something's clear
. Apologies if i added to the confusion

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
UCAS Tarrif points are calculated using your predictions for A2 and any 'cashed in' only AS Levels right? (Plus music, GPR, etc)
Reply 1684
Original post by hello101
Well the 2890 is a100 and 3010 (752.5) is a101 .. All the stuff about Ucas tariff points and Ukcats is for awesome a level ( equivalent people)

grads it's just Ukcat for both a100 and a101 .( so the Ukcat for grads in both programmes is generally slightly higher as there is nothing else taken into account )
. But obviously a100 will have a lower Ukcat than a101 as a101 the places are very limited on a101 compared to a100
This probably confused ( i am waffling a bit i dont know why ... Its jus the thought of rejection is scrambling ma mind .... Wooo that actually rhymed ) I hope it has made something's clear
. Apologies if i added to the confusion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol so the cut off of 2890 is for a100 grads only?
Original post by MX123
Lol so the cut off of 2890 is for a100 grads only?

I am not sure because they can't say things like that as grads as only in competition with other grads for a100. 2890 is the cut off for Awesome people who r doing a levels or equivalent but note they also have to have a set Ucas tariff which doesn't apply to grads .

Ok I think it's better if I say grads who apply to a100 have a separate Ukcat cut off from the rest which can be lower or higher than the a level people .. Grads just need to meet the minimum academic requirements .
( ok these are bold statements, read with caution. It it gets the gist of my message )
Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm surprised the A100 cutoff is 2890, that's so high!

I only say that because I myself got exactly 2890 (applying for A100 for undergrad) and I'm breathing a sigh of relief. I don't know how they can set a cutoff at 723 UKCAT and say UCAS tariff is still considered / important.
Or am I reading this all wrong and the 2890 cutoff only applies to grad applicants to A100?
Reply 1687
Got an interview at Barts for the Undergraduate A100 Course!! :biggrin:
So looks like they're starting to send the interviews to home undergrads now.
Original post by Bobby_B
Got an interview at Barts for the Undergraduate A100 Course!! :biggrin:
So looks like they're starting to send the interviews to home undergrads now.

Like just now?

Edit: I just got an interview as well, I was 100% sure I was going to get a rejection! UKCAT 740 UCAS 540 for all you want to know :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1689
Original post by hello101
I am not sure because they can't say things like that as grads as only in competition with other grads for a100. 2890 is the cut off for Awesome people who r doing a levels or equivalent but note they also have to have a set Ucas tariff which doesn't apply to grads .

Ok I think it's better if I say grads who apply to a100 have a separate Ukcat cut off from the rest which can be lower or higher than the a level people .. Grads just need to meet the minimum academic requirements .
( ok these are bold statements, read with caution. It it gets the gist of my message )
Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

:s I think I get it, or do I?
Original post by MX123
:s I think I get it, or do I?

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuparNoob
I'm surprised the A100 cutoff is 2890, that's so high!

I only say that because I myself got exactly 2890 (applying for A100 for undergrad) and I'm breathing a sigh of relief. I don't know how they can set a cutoff at 723 UKCAT and say UCAS tariff is still considered / important.
Or am I reading this all wrong and the 2890 cutoff only applies to grad applicants to A100?

I think it applied to both undergrad and grad? otherwise it seems unfair
Just got an interview for A100!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1693
Original post by babychocolate

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you a graduate?
Are you a grad?
Original post by babychocolate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you a graduate?
Just got the interview.
If anyones wondering my stats are
Ukcat 635
Ucas tariff 700
As you can see that I have been called for interview with a ukcat score of 2540, this shows that there is no cut-off of 725 for undergraduate home applicants.
Good luck to everyone waiting. I am sure u guys will hear soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1698
Original post by jollygood
Just got the interview.
If anyones wondering my stats are
Ukcat 635
Ucas tariff 700
As you can see that I have been called for interview with a ukcat score of 2540, this shows that there is no cut-off of 725 for undergraduate home applicants.
Good luck to everyone waiting. I am sure u guys will hear soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!! ..They're working on a Saturday? :K:
I have an interview too!

My stats for those wondering:
Undergraduate home applicant
UCAS: 630
UKCAT: 682.5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending