Scroll to see replies

Hi guys :awesome:
Original post by Elm Tree
Hi guys :awesome:

Where have you been?:eyeball:
Anyone applying for the Oxford UNIQ summer schools? :h:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Where have you been?:eyeball:

Buried under a whole load of revision and homework :wink: Thankfully I'm on top of it now
Buried under a whole load of revision and homework :wink: Thankfully I'm on top of it now

:woo: had mocks?
:woo: had mocks?

They're not over yet... I've done my physics, chemistry, economics and c1 mock but I still got c2 and m1 to do next week. Shouldn't be too bad now that the bulk of my mocks are done :biggrin:
What about you?
They're not over yet... I've done my physics, chemistry, economics and c1 mock but I still got c2 and m1 to do next week. Shouldn't be too bad now that the bulk of my mocks are done :biggrin:
What about you?

Oh best of luck!

I finished today! Bio,chem,physics and French AS and A2:biggrin:

They were all fairly decent considering I did no revision, 4 As, good UMS too hopefully :woo:

But it's bad because if I do do (lol do do) well, I won't revise in summer either :frown:
Oh best of luck!

I finished today! Bio,chem,physics and French AS and A2:biggrin:

They were all fairly decent considering I did no revision, 4 As, good UMS too hopefully :woo:

But it's bad because if I do do (lol do do) well, I won't revise in summer either :frown:

Sorry to intrude, but if you can do well now without revision then in theory you won't need to revise in the summer :colone:
Original post by Mathsfanatic123
Sorry to intrude, but if you can do well now without revision then in theory you won't need to revise in the summer :colone:

That's true but it's risky if I fail, I've not a proper excuse :lol:
Original post by MangoFreak
You still looking to use the Nuffield Foundation? :biggrin:

I AM
you still won't have anyone to discuss it with though because I'm more of a lurker than a contributor to this site but hey ho :rolleyes:
I am unbelievably excited, I sooo want to do it
I keep telling people about it so I might get a friend who'll do it as well hahah
It's actually perfect for me - I love science, I want to do research in the future, I want to learn more about the world around me and plus I don't do that much in the summer anyways :P
I'll be gutted if I don't get one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyh77
I AM
you still won't have anyone to discuss it with though because I'm more of a lurker than a contributor to this site but hey ho :rolleyes:
I keep telling people about it so I might get a friend who'll do it as well hahah
It's actually perfect for me - I love science, I want to do research in the future, I want to learn more about the world around me and plus I don't do that much in the summer anyways :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying for it too! What region are you doing it in?
It will probably be the highlight of my summer if I get a spot.

Do you have to have to attend a state school?

I don't think it says anything about having to attend a state school on the website, but I'd suggest you contact your local co-coordinator for more information.

There are only a few places for non state school people .'If you are from an independent school and are accepted onto the scheme, you will need to source your own project. Please note that this should be within the region where you live, as otherwise we are not able to cover travel costs.' So yeah that sucks :frown:
I don't think it says anything about having to attend a state school on the website, but I'd suggest you contact your local co-coordinator for more information.

Original post by sarahiscool
There are only a few places for non state school people .'If you are from an independent school and are accepted onto the scheme, you will need to source your own project. Please note that this should be within the region where you live, as otherwise we are not able to cover travel costs.' So yeah that sucks :frown:

Source my own places?:colonhash:

Don't even know what that really means. Not even going to bother, they only offer a few places and the standard will be really high from independent school people
Don't even know what that really means. Not even going to bother, they only offer a few places and the standard will be really high from independent school people

Ah :frown:
Original post by mollyh77
I AM

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm excited :biggrin:

I'm only speculating, but I suspect it means they won't find placements for you, only fund them when you do.
Original post by MangoFreak
I'm excited :biggrin:

I'm only speculating, but I suspect it means they won't find placements for you, only fund them when you do.

What funding would be required though if it's only within the region. Transport? Food?

I wonder where I can get them...hmm
What funding would be required though if it's only within the region. Transport? Food?

I wonder where I can get them...hmm

Cardiff is a gem of the scientific world, I hear :mmm:

I just noticed that they've made applications all online based. A win for the socially anxious :awesome:

Latest