The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MangoFreak
Cardiff is a gem of the scientific world, I hear :mmm:

I just noticed that they've made applications all online based. A win for the socially anxious :awesome:

The university is good fun :colone:

I've decided NatSci would be good for me, so any chem/physics would be nice!

And my whole family are leaving me alone in the summer (my choice I don't want to go abroad for 5+ weeks) so it'd be good. It says techniquest is my local rep, so I'll email them :biggrin:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
The university is good fun :colone:

I've decided NatSci would be good for me, so any chem/physics would be nice!

And my whole family are leaving me alone in the summer (my choice I don't want to go abroad for 5+ weeks) so it'd be good. It says techniquest is my local rep, so I'll email them :biggrin:

I'm supposed to visit my family in Australia in the summer :rolleyes:

You had to apply by email last year, but apparently not this year.
I'm supposed to visit my family in Australia in the summer :rolleyes:

You had to apply by email last year, but apparently not this year.

:mmm: but you're not going to? Australia would be nice, country I'm meant to go to, not so nice...

I'll have to enquire about the situation!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:mmm: but you're not going to? Australia would be nice, country I'm meant to go to, not so nice...

I'll have to enquire about the situation!

I like the UK :colonhash: I was in Australia last month and will probably be going in Easter.
I like the UK :colonhash: I was in Australia last month and will probably be going in Easter.

Oh you sworn your oath yet?:rofl:
Original post by sarcastic-sal
Anyone applying for the Oxford UNIQ summer schools? :h:

Yes! Trouble is, I want to do Maths (Numbers & Codes) and it's due to finish on the 18th, and that's supposed to be the day I go to Malaysia :frown: so I'm either applying for that or for biochem I think! Malaysia date is not 100% confirmed so fingers crossed its a couple of days later aaaah! You going for Sutton trust as well?
Reply 7966
Hello People :wavey: i've been away a long time looking at my quotes :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7967
Original post by Dylann
I cannot see Economics as an a-level under your list of subjects! I surely can not be the only one?!

My subjects are:

Mathematics: Edexcel
Chemistry: AQA
English Literature: AQA
Economics: Edexcel

ummmm they were there? that's strange :lol: i've put another on for you :wink:
Original post by techno836

Bet you regretting starting this thread
Original post by techno836

Welcome back!! ^-^
Is it just me whose getting all the messages asking what was in the June 2013 GCSE papers so they can cheat in their mocks

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olympiad
Is it just me whose getting all the messages asking what was in the June 2013 GCSE papers so they can cheat in their mocks

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really ? Haven't got any of those
I've only been to the GCSE forums once or twice since my exams finished. :tongue: Even then, it was probably just answering a certain question or two.

It might have to do with your active presence in that forum. Leave the kids alone and stay in the grown up forums. :wink:
Reply 7973
Original post by sarahiscool
Bet you regretting starting this thread

Haha there were only a few just from 2 weeks ago, although economics disappeared :dontknow:

Original post by blamethenargles
Welcome back!! ^-^

Hello :smile:
Hello People,

Just wondering has anyone applied for taster days in any of the universities in London? and whoever was the person who said that they were the only person doing Economics, am I too. It's my favourite subject!
Reply 7975
Original post by IsthatmaryX
Hello People,

Just wondering has anyone applied for taster days in any of the universities in London? and whoever was the person who said that they were the only person doing Economics, am I too. It's my favourite subject!

Hey! I'm also doing economics :smile: I'm thinking about doing the international management day at SOAS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7976
Does anyone have any good notes on Neucleophile reactions? I'm trying to get my head around this topic but I'm getting really confused.
Original post by Abarbs
Hey! I'm also doing economics :smile: I'm thinking about doing the international management day at SOAS

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great. And oh, me too. I'm think of doing it at SOAS too! You should apply for the taster day! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7978
Original post by IsthatmaryX
That's great. And oh, me too. I'm think of doing it at SOAS too! You should apply for the taster day! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think Ill apply after I've talked to our careers adviser because my school's not on the list!!

I've just had a big session of ordering prospectuses and checking open days soooo excited :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abarbs
Yeah I think Ill apply after I've talked to our careers adviser because my school's not on the list!!

I've just had a big session of ordering prospectuses and checking open days soooo excited :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what happened to me but I just clicked 'other' and typed my schools name in!

Haha, I have done the same exact thing! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile