The Student Room Group

Conspiracy Theories You Think Are True

Conspiracy theories you've heard of and believe?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i think there are tomatoes in ketchup.
David Cameron is an alien and seeks to convert us all to Scientology...
Reply 3
I don't believe that humans have not landed on the Moon, but if you look at the state of 1960s aeronautical technology, it does soom a bit far-fetched that people went there and got back safely.
9/11 was a hologram
Reply 5
all the american presidents share the same bloodline
Reply 6
Non as such... Elvis is indeed dead. Shakespeare did indeed write his own plays etc.

But!

There are some 'unsolved mysteries' that are very very intriguing. For instance the Wow Signal. A signal received from space for 7 minutes, never repeated, with no possible know natural cause, it matched up exactly to the type of signal that scientists (yes, real scientists) would have expected intelligent life to have used to send signals vast vast distances. Some claim it to be proof of alien existence; respected scientists agree that it could indeed have originated from an 'alien' civilization. It really isn't totally outlandish to believe that it did in fact originate from aliens.

Then there's the Voynich Manuscript; a Medieval tome written in an indecipherable language. The language has patterns that indicate that it does have a structure and isn't simply random scrawls. But even the most advanced computer algorithms cannot decipher it. The weird thing about it... all the images inside depict unknown, some say alien, plants and diagrams.

These are interesting because science cannot reasonably explain them. Perhaps they aren't conspiracy theories as such. But they're very interesting.
Reply 7
I think the entire notion of conspiracy theories is bizarre.

The phrase itself summons up images of tin foil hats, aliens and pyramids; through which any conjecture on governmental wrong doing/ collusion is instantly discredited through the idea being classified into a category of ridiculousness.
Reply 8
Original post by Jjj90
Non as such... Elvis is indeed dead. Shakespeare did indeed write his own plays etc.

But!

There are some 'unsolved mysteries' that are very very intriguing. For instance the Wow Signal. A signal received from space for 7 minutes, never repeated, with no possible know natural cause, it matched up exactly to the type of signal that scientists (yes, real scientists) would have expected intelligent life to have used to send signals vast vast distances. Some claim it to be proof of alien existence; respected scientists agree that it could indeed have originated from an 'alien' civilization. It really isn't totally outlandish to believe that it did in fact originate from aliens.

Then there's the Voynich Manuscript; a Medieval tome written in an indecipherable language. The language has patterns that indicate that it does have a structure and isn't simply random scrawls. But even the most advanced computer algorithms cannot decipher it. The weird thing about it... all the images inside depict unknown, some say alien, plants and diagrams.

These are interesting because science cannot reasonably explain them. Perhaps they aren't conspiracy theories as such. But they're very interesting.

You're right, they are interesting. New information! I shall read on about these.
Reply 9
Original post by Jjj90

But!

excellent post.

do you know any more mysteries?
Original post by smd4std
i think there are tomatoes in ketchup.

I think that one's been debunked.
The Manhattan Experiments/Project. Creepy stuff, I'd advise looking it up if I were you.
Also the whole Mother of Darkness Castle stuff is odd, google Belgium X-Files.
Reply 12
I wouldn't say I wholeheartedly believe in this, but I've seen enough evidence to suggest there's a good possibility that alien life has visited Earth at some point. If that is not true, then there are organisations working on projects involving technology way beyond what I know to be possible, additionally the public are being lied to about these projects and something is being covered up. The point being, the official explanation to some events does not tally with reality.

A senior politician once said on the record that this is the case. While it's possible he could have been lying or genuinely mistaken, I'm open to the possibility that he was correctly informed.

Further to that, there are a few unexplained incidents where objects are seen both by people and radar that cannot be explained by planes or weather balloons.

There are other incidents, like Rendlesham Forest, where numerous people saw the same thing which could not be explained by conventional technology.

The vast majority of stuff on the internet regarding aliens and UFOs is either debunked as a case of mistaken identity, or straight up fake. In among all the nonsense there are a select few incidents that make me think there something more going on than we led to believe. Of course, everything may have terrestrial origin.
Original post by Tom_green_day
The Manhattan Experiments/Project. Creepy stuff, I'd advise looking it up if I were you.
Also the whole Mother of Darkness Castle stuff is odd, google Belgium X-Files.

I briefly searched about Belgium X- files, horrifying.
Original post by Clyde-Bonnie94
I briefly searched about Belgium X- files, horrifying.

Yeah, I was expecting some chocolate-themed joke. Gutted.
Yeah, I was expecting some chocolate-themed joke. Gutted.

And searching Belgium X-files I was expecting something about extraterrestrials, equally gutted.
Original post by Clyde-Bonnie94
And searching Belgium X-files I was expecting something about extraterrestrials, equally gutted.

If the TV show taught me anything, it was that 'X-Files' doesn't mean aliens.
Original post by Manitude
I wouldn't say I wholeheartedly believe in this, but I've seen enough evidence to suggest there's a good possibility that alien life has visited Earth at some point. If that is not true, then there are organisations working on projects involving technology way beyond what I know to be possible, additionally the public are being lied to about these projects and something is being covered up. The point being, the official explanation to some events does not tally with reality.

A senior politician once said on the record that this is the case. While it's possible he could have been lying or genuinely mistaken, I'm open to the possibility that he was correctly informed.

Further to that, there are a few unexplained incidents where objects are seen both by people and radar that cannot be explained by planes or weather balloons.

There are other incidents, like Rendlesham Forest, where numerous people saw the same thing which could not be explained by conventional technology.

The vast majority of stuff on the internet regarding aliens and UFOs is either debunked as a case of mistaken identity, or straight up fake. In among all the nonsense there are a select few incidents that make me think there something more going on than we led to believe. Of course, everything may have terrestrial origin.

I would say this is all just military technology, which is unlike what people commonly know.

All very secretive.

But ultimately military technology to fight fellow humans rather than aliens
Original post by mrmicrosoft
all the american presidents share the same bloodline

THIS.
If the TV show taught me anything, it was that 'X-Files' doesn't mean aliens.

Oh, I guess I would have learnt that too had I ever watched the show. Oh well.

Quick Reply

Latest