The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Yhh I love that adrenaline rush when you get a email from UCAS :colondollar:... 'cept if it turns out to be a newsletter -_-

Someone said UCL has another open day in February so we might not have to wait too long!

And it's usually a newsletter...

Well, that's true but they could as well not reply until March, I mean, the longer you wait, the more annoying it becomes. :tongue:
Original post by purplemind
And it's usually a newsletter...

Well, that's true but they could as well not reply until March, I mean, the longer you wait, the more annoying it becomes. :tongue:

True

If you don't wanna wait then you could always withdraw :wink:
True

If you don't wanna wait then you could always withdraw :wink:

Nope, I really have no idea to put as my insurance. :s-smilie:
Original post by purplemind
Nope, I really have no idea to put as my insurance. :s-smilie:

Just wait till you hear back from Cambridge then you can go on from there
Cambridge has already updated UCAS, the letter said they'll send me another pack in April concerning accommodation so I won't have to worry about it till then. Withdrawing options just takes away the fun :biggrin:

Why not? Atm I'm more inclined to LSE as it looks nicer.

You think LSE looks nicer than UCL!? You don't mean aesthetically do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rafael_96
You think LSE looks nicer than UCL!? You don't mean aesthetically do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

LSE trumps UCL anyday :tongue:
Original post by Lunch_Box
LSE trumps UCL anyday :tongue:

I didn't like LSE at all so didn't apply to it as a result :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel exactly the same, I was always going to firm LSE until I went to the open day, and didn't even end up applying. It lacked character and atmosphere for me. UCL seems more suited to me
Original post by ellenabethx
I feel exactly the same, I was always going to firm LSE until I went to the open day, and didn't even end up applying. It lacked character and atmosphere for me. UCL seems more suited to me

That confident are we?
Original post by Liquid Gold.
That confident are we?

Ha yeah funny, you know what I meant, it would be my first choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ellenabethx

My experience was the complete opposite to yours, I loved LSE when I first went; everything just felt nice and polished whereas UCL felt a little rough :P. That said they're about the same course-wise, if you include the Year Abroad then UCL wins hands down.
My experience was the complete opposite to yours, I loved LSE when I first went; everything just felt nice and polished whereas UCL felt a little rough :P. That said they're about the same course-wise, if you include the Year Abroad then UCL wins hands down.

LSE is nice in some aspects I have to admit,especially the lecture series they host. My cousin applied for Maths and Econ there so hopefully will live in London with him (sharing an apartment) close by, so I'll be visiting LSE quite often as well!
Having the chance to attend Columbia University while studying at UCL is unparalleled in my eyes. UCLA is one option as well as all my family lives in Los Angeles and aunty studied medicine there also:P

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying for Economics Joint Honours :biggrin:
I'm thinking I'm realistically going to get AAB if I'm lucky and I quite like Southampton uni. They want AAA or AAB plus A in EPQ... So I've got to do well in the EPQ :smile:

I'm doing my extended project on shipbuilding in the UK. I've done a survey and if any of you could complete it I'd be really grateful!
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WHG9Z5H

It's 5 simple yes/no answers :biggrin: Thanks!
Original post by Sarah13579
I'm thinking I'm realistically going to get AAB if I'm lucky and I quite like Southampton uni. They want AAA or AAB plus A in EPQ... So I've got to do well in the EPQ :smile:

I'm doing my extended project on shipbuilding in the UK. I've done a survey and if any of you could complete it I'd be really grateful!

Done :smile: good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2795
Original post by Sarah13579

See you at Southampton possibly :smile: just for straight honours economics ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jkizer
See you at Southampton possibly :smile: just for straight honours economics ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, just economics :biggrin:
Reply 2797
Hi everyone. I am an international student from Bulgaria. I have applied to LSE, Nottingham, Glasgow uni, Strathclyde and Leicester. Today I receiverd conditional offer from Nottingham. Others than that I have 2 more from Glasgow and Leicester. I applied everywhere for BScEconomics.
Original post by FiiL
Hi everyone. I am an international student from Bulgaria. I have applied to LSE, Nottingham, Glasgow uni, Strathclyde and Leicester. Today I receiverd conditional offer from Nottingham. Others than that I have 2 more from Glasgow and Leicester. I applied everywhere for BScEconomics.

Congrats! Nottingham is a great university, I'm hoping to receive an offer from them soon.
Original post by Pro Crastination
Congrats! Nottingham is a great university, I'm hoping to receive an offer from them soon.

I've been emailing the Nottingham admissions tutor and she said that all decisions will be made by the end of the week so you'll hear by the end of next week at the latest!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending