The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adam_dewji
I hope so! Mine was on the 12th too so praying we get ours on Monday!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes hopefully! Even if we don't we've still got a chance for march, it's just such a long time to wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cryinglightning
Yes hopefully! Even if we don't we've still got a chance for march, it's just such a long time to wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have other interviews on Tuesday and Wednesday and having an offer before then would take so much pressure off though! But yes, probably until March!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Btw, what day did you have your interview?
Btw, what day did you have your interview?

12th December, in the middle group in the morning I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
12th December, in the middle group in the morning I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh okay, I must have seen you in passing then as I was in the first group that morning!
Ahh okay, I must have seen you in passing then as I was in the first group that morning!

Oh cool :P you lot all looked exhausted as my group went through!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh cool :P you lot all looked exhausted as my group went through!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was far too intense for like 8:30 in the morning :tongue:
It was far too intense for like 8:30 in the morning :tongue:

Yeah it was pretty early, I'm glad I got the tour first :P did you have to travel far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it was pretty early, I'm glad I got the tour first :P did you have to travel far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No luckily not too bad! I'm in Milton Keynes so it was only about an hour and a half or so! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1669
Original post by bronwyn1995
Just got an offer about an hour ago :biggrin: anyone else heard yet??

Hey did you find out through email? And when was your interview?
No luckily not too bad! I'm in Milton Keynes so it was only about an hour and a half or so! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Northamptonshire so about half an hour away :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Northamptonshire so about half an hour away :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh so easy for some!! Hopefully tomorrow will be the day for us!! :biggrin:
Ahh so easy for some!! Hopefully tomorrow will be the day for us!! :biggrin:

yep! Good luck, I'm going to be checking my emails like crazy all day tomorrow...
yep! Good luck, I'm going to be checking my emails like crazy all day tomorrow...

I've been doing that for months waiting/hoping for interviews and now offers :facepalm:
Anyone else got an interview on the 30th Jan. I got rejected from bristol after interview which is MMI format too. So even though I have an interview, I'm not too sure I'll get an offer from leicester.
Don't fret guys.

My interview was on the 11/12/13 and, as Leicester personally told us all, they don't hand out the bulk of their offers until the end of their interview process. That's towards the beginning of March. The offers handed out now will be of a small proportion of total interviewees - approximately 10-20% of all offers they intend to give out. That's as many as 60-70 offers. The rest of their offers will be sent out in March.

I don't think my interview went particularly well - there was no time for the PS station, one of the calculation stations was nasty and my actors were pains in the asses, but I'm holding out hope that they were common issues!
Original post by medic77
Hey did you find out through email? And when was your interview?

I got an email from ucas saying the status of my application had changed and then the offer came up on ucas, I also got an email from Leicester yesterday confining my offer. My interview was 11/12/13.
Original post by Dr. Django
Yeah on the same day if I remember (11th)! I've got leeds next week and Edinburgh dont interview :smile: what about you?

Yes, that's splendid. I have an interview at KCL tomorrow and am guaranteed one at HYMS but am still waiting for a date. (So many people have applied this year, they have had to add many extra dates for interviews) :redface:
Hi!
I received an interview email from Leicester two days ago, for the 18th Feb.
Very happy, but now I have a month to prepare for it.

Things I do know:
It's an 8-station MMI.

Things I don't know:
WHAT DO THEY ASK YOU?!

I mean, there's a station called 'written comprehension'. Do they ask you to talk about a piece of text? DO you need to write something? How long does each station take?

I'll ask more later, if anyone is on.
Original post by malik8050
Hi!
I received an interview email from Leicester two days ago, for the 18th Feb.
Very happy, but now I have a month to prepare for it.

Things I do know:
It's an 8-station MMI.

Things I don't know:
WHAT DO THEY ASK YOU?!

I mean, there's a station called 'written comprehension'. Do they ask you to talk about a piece of text? DO you need to write something? How long does each station take?

I'll ask more later, if anyone is on.

Unfortunately for you, I doubt anyone here will explicitly tell you what is in each station (at least I'd hope not as we were told not to :tongue:)!

Everyone else only knew as much as you do, and besides, aside from giving you the materials from the interview (and we dont even know they reuse them :tongue:), there is little help that we can give you as the stations can't really be prepared for! Just prepare like you would for a normal interview, be confident, and be ready to be put a little out of your comfort zone :smile:

Well done on getting an interview :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending