The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by k_slatch
Yep! Maths, you?

Maths as well! :five: To be honest, I only really qualify because my school isn't a private school (perks of Northern Irish education system), but heck I figure I've nothing to lose. I reckon I've more chance of getting in to the UNIQ one, but I'll apply to both and see what the craic is after? :smile:
Original post by sarcastic-sal
Anyone applying for the Oxford UNIQ summer schools? :h:

Yes! How is the application business going?
Original post by NikolaT
I've also applied to the taster days. One at LSE (international relations/history) & one at SOAS (development/international relations).

Ohh great! Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys going to the SOAS one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aasvogel
Maths as well! :five: To be honest, I only really qualify because my school isn't a private school (perks of Northern Irish education system), but heck I figure I've nothing to lose. I reckon I've more chance of getting in to the UNIQ one, but I'll apply to both and see what the craic is after? :smile:

YAY! Where are you applying for Maths? Same with the UNIQ, done my personal statement for that but not applied yet.
YAY! Where are you applying for Maths? Same with the UNIQ, done my personal statement for that but not applied yet.

Cambridge, I don't really want to see any of the other universities. I haven't written my personal statement yet. :colondollar: What sort of stuff have you put on it?

I take it you're studying Maths/ Further Maths for A-Level? :smile:
I'm applying for PPE at UNIQ
Cambridge, I don't really want to see any of the other universities. I haven't written my personal statement yet. :colondollar: What sort of stuff have you put on it?

I take it you're studying Maths/ Further Maths for A-Level? :smile:

Ah I'm going for Imperial, can't make the Cambridge dates :frown: I've just put about why I want to do maths, why I want to do a summer school, and why they should pick me- i.e. skills and ECAs that set me apart (all relevant though) Yep, I'm doing both! (D1, FP1 and M1 for FM, with C1,C2 and S1 for maths) Are you doing FM?
Ah I'm going for Imperial, can't make the Cambridge dates :frown: I've just put about why I want to do maths, why I want to do a summer school, and why they should pick me- i.e. skills and ECAs that set me apart (all relevant though) Yep, I'm doing both! (D1, FP1 and M1 for FM, with C1,C2 and S1 for maths) Are you doing FM?

University in London isn't really something I'm considering, and I really want to see Cambridge!
Oh cool, thanks! I've written out a list of things that I could stick on it.
Yep I am, have to teach myself a couple of modules this and next year though (M2 and S2 in class, self-teaching D1) and then C1/C2, M1 and S1 for normal Maths.
University in London isn't really something I'm considering, and I really want to see Cambridge!
Oh cool, thanks! I've written out a list of things that I could stick on it.
Yep I am, have to teach myself a couple of modules this and next year though (M2 and S2 in class, self-teaching D1) and then C1/C2, M1 and S1 for normal Maths.

Ahh cool, where else are you thinking of applying? You'll be okay self-teaching D1, it's pretty straight-forward so far
Original post by techno836
X

Hi, I've been lurking on TSR for years but finally decided to make an account.

I'm doing ASs in English Literature (WJEC), French (Edexcel), History and Classical Greek (both OCR)

Thanks for putting it on, it must take so much time putting everyone's name on
(edited 10 years ago)
Can someone doing M1 quickly confirm if i need to memorise the SUVAT equations or if i will get them in the exam??
Original post by Millerman
Can someone doing M1 quickly confirm if i need to memorise the SUVAT equations or if i will get them in the exam??

I think they're provided on the data sheet. They were when I did it apparently, but I'd learnt them anyway.
Yes! How is the application business going?

Sent off my application yesterday, now it's the waiting game!
I'm just worried my personal statement wasn't very good - I had my Head of Sixth Form read it and she said it was good but I can't help but feel that I haven't used my 2000 characters effectively enough :colondollar: I used all but one of them haha
How's it going for you? What have/are you applying for?
also is it worth applying to the oxford summer schools if I'm looking to apply to them next year?

Which board?? I'm doing Edexcel and apparently we don't get any formulae for M1 at all :frown:
Original post by SophieB1997
Which board?? I'm doing Edexcel and apparently we don't get any formulae for M1 at all :frown:

im AQA
im AQA

Ahh well then I have no idea :s sorry
Ahh cool, where else are you thinking of applying? You'll be okay self-teaching D1, it's pretty straight-forward so far

QUB and Trinity College, Dublin are definites. A Scottish university is likely and one of Oxbridge - the other two I don't know!

Yeah I was really relieved it was easy; finished the book so will just work at questions from now until the exam. :smile:
Original post by sarcastic-sal
Sent off my application yesterday, now it's the waiting game!
I'm just worried my personal statement wasn't very good - I had my Head of Sixth Form read it and she said it was good but I can't help but feel that I haven't used my 2000 characters effectively enough :colondollar: I used all but one of them haha
How's it going for you? What have/are you applying for?

I wouldn't worry!
Only starting to structure mine now, getting things together that I'm going to write in it, so early days yet! I'm going to apply for Maths. :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I think they're provided on the data sheet. They were when I did it apparently, but I'd learnt them anyway.

I've just found the specification online and it says you get a formulae booklet but the SUVAT equations are not included :frown:

Latest