The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GCSE-help
Do you guys reckon they've finished handing out the rejections for the A100 course?

last year I was rejected in late February without an interview, so there are probably still a few more left to be sent.
As an EU applicant who still hasn't heard anything I assume I'm not expecting good news :frown:
Original post by Samodude11
Just got this email from Barts

RE: Rejection before interview

I appreciate that you are disappointed for not being shortlisted for interview. You will be aware that competition for places on the MB BS programme in Medicine is intense and the quality of the applicant pool extremely high.In order to select an appropriate number of candidates for interview, we rank applicants according to their UKCAT scores. Those who achieve the most competitive UKCAT scores are considered for interview. The cut-off UKCAT score is determined each year by the performance of candidates and the number of applicants we would like to invite to interview. This year we have considered for interview those applicants for A100 who have achieved UKCAT scores of 2890. For A101 we have interviewed those applicants who have achieved UKCAT scores of 3010.*

a friend of mine got an interview with a ukcat average of 680! thats strange
Congratulations on everyone with interviews. A friend of mine with surname initial B has an interview so there may be an alphabetical order going on here. Can anyone with an interview please post their initials (if that's okay!) to help out some of us anxious waiters? That would be brilliant. Also, has anyone got an interview with what they thought was a particularly low score? That would help us estimate what the cut-off is for getting an interview. Cheers! :smile:
Mines R.N and I got my invitation at midnight I think :smile:
Original post by raveen789
Mines R.N and I got my invitation at midnight I think :smile:

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :banana:
Original post by medic321
ohh cool!!! :biggrin: does it mention the format of the interview? just panel right? did they mention how long it is?

it says that the interview will last for 15-20 minutes and that there will be 3 interviewers.
3 interviewers looooool sounds like it's going to be an interrogation
Well done to all who have interviews, feeling a little concerned with my UKCAT of 667.5 and UCAS tarriff of 632, but hopefully fingers crossed!! Do I stand a chance?
Original post by Digimon97
Well done to all who have interviews, feeling a little concerned with my UKCAT of 667.5 and UCAS tarriff of 632, but hopefully fingers crossed!! Do I stand a chance?

I think u stand a fair chance. Don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha thanks, but how fair is fair? I know my tariff is good, but I hope my UKCAT won't let me down... Have they also been looking at personal statements this year for selection?
Original post by Digimon97
Haha thanks, but how fair is fair? I know my tariff is good, but I hope my UKCAT won't let me down... Have they also been looking at personal statements this year for selection?

My ukcat is 635 and I still got the interview. Ur total overall score is 1300 which is pretty good and I would say u are guaranteed an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1752
How are people preparing for talking about the article at interview? For/against? Or go through the various viewpoints of the people involved?
Reply 1753
Time to be more active in this thread. Go luck to those with an interview coming up and good luck to those waiting to here. Hope you all get good news.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1754
Original post by CW84
How are people preparing for talking about the article at interview? For/against? Or go through the various viewpoints of the people involved?

I used anything and everything online. BBC, guardian, DM (lol), TSR :beard:........

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1755
Original post by 419
I used anything and everything online. BBC, guardian, DM (lol), TSR :beard:........

Posted from TSR Mobile

whats DM? :P
Reply 1756
I got an interview yesterday too!! My stats are UKCAT 700, UCAS 620
Original post by 1995claz
I got an interview yesterday too!! My stats are UKCAT 700, UCAS 620

undergrad?
what dates are availiable for the undergrad interview?
Reply 1759
Original post by medic321
whats DM? :P

Daily mail

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending