The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Physics Investigation

What should I do my AH Physics investigation on if I'm interested in studying mechanical engineering at uni and want to incorporate my investigation into my personal statement to show interest in the engineering discipline?

Thanks, any suggestions appreciated.
From my knowledge I don't think there is one directly related. But there are investigations related to electronics etc. I done mines called 'Laser Experiments"' and that's is measuring the wavelength of He-Ne laser, the power and the dispersion. I start an engineering course in September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hi,
I'm doing my AH investigation on Planck's constant, but am really struggling to find experiments that are feasible to do in a high school lab... I know that it's a fairly common investigation so there must be at least a few ways to measure it easily, but my teacher is no help :/

Any suggestions appreciated!
Original post by plumcat
Hi,
I'm doing my AH investigation on Planck's constant, but am really struggling to find experiments that are feasible to do in a high school lab... I know that it's a fairly common investigation so there must be at least a few ways to measure it easily, but my teacher is no help :/

Any suggestions appreciated!

Where do u live? You can go into Glasgow or Strathclyde Uni on an afternoon and do experiments with their equiptment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thanks for replies! Gonna look into both suggestions! :smile:

Quick Reply