The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2120
Original post by adam_dewji
What is the difference between the essay and the ethical scenario people were talking about? Or is the essay based on the ethical scenario?

nope they're totally different tasks!! this should really be stated in the documents supplementing your interview invite on the portal! task 1 is the essay- 15 mins to write and task 2 is the ethical scenario- 15 mins to plan! I really think you should contact them as they seem to have not sent you guys the new updated interview info!!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by medic321
nope they're totally different tasks!! this should really be stated in the documents supplementing your interview invite on the portal! task 1 is the essay- 15 mins to write and task 2 is the ethical scenario- 15 mins to plan! I really think you should contact them as they seem to have not sent you guys the new updated interview info!!

On my interview information letter it has a "what happens on the day" subheading and it just says that there will be a questionnaire beforehand (like someone has said above!) so I really don't know what to expect when I go and I was getting very confused reading this haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oyyoyy
Yes I've received an offer!

Congrats:smile: How do you think your interview went?
Reply 2123
Original post by adam_dewji
On my interview information letter it has a "what happens on the day" subheading and it just says that there will be a questionnaire beforehand (like someone has said above!) so I really don't know what to expect when I go and I was getting very confused reading this haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah they had that questionnaire last year!!! they've changed it this year!! I think you should call them up or something! :s-smilie:
Original post by LoonyLuna
I had my interview last month, and we had an essay. Apparently someone leaked the question though, so maybe that's why it it says it's a questionnaire? Seems a bit odd though, giving some people an essay and others a questionnaire. You could email them or send them a message through your portal and ask? Good luck with the interview :smile:

Original post by lulib
They asked me to send all my predicted grades, the ones of access to the diploma, did they asked you this as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

in my application i had put grades from my 3rd and 4th high school year and the asked me for prediction of the fifth year's ones

this was last year tho, this year i didnt have to provide additional info

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2126
Original post by kolatytler
in my application i had put grades from my 3rd and 4th high school year and the asked me for prediction of the fifth year's ones

this was last year tho, this year i didnt have to provide additional info

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was your ukcat last year? Have you been invited by other unis to interview this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2127
Original post by Rosine
Congratulations!! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by nana96
omg congrats! when did you receive it and how did you feel the interview went

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by aspiringmedic1
Congrats:smile: How do you think your interview went?

Thanks! I thought my interview went pretty well actually, though they asked me about advanced directives, and my mind sort of blanked and I had to get them to explain it to me, which I thought would count against me a little.
Reply 2128
Congrats to everyone with offers! Just wondering if anyone has received a post-interview rejection yet?
Original post by medic321
hmm I don't think that's right! They had several essay questions not just one! I think its just a mistake in sending the updated version with the interview invite!

Hmm maybe. I think anyone's best bet is to contact the admissions office, because it's not like it's difficult to write another essay question! Have you had your interview already?
(edited 10 years ago)
hi guys has everyone been getting the email for AS certificates, i haven't yet and was wondering should i upload them anyways onto the my application page?
Reply 2131
Original post by Sporthello
hi guys has everyone been getting the email for AS certificates, i haven't yet and was wondering should i upload them anyways onto the my application page?

I am in the same position..I haven't had an email asking for them but I don't know whether I have to upload them or not. Have you received an e-mail confirming that your uploaded certificates have been received and attached to you application? :smile:
Original post by Rosine
I am in the same position..I haven't had an email asking for them but I don't know whether I have to upload them or not. Have you received an e-mail confirming that your uploaded certificates have been received and attached to you application? :smile:

If you uploaded them ... You can see them by going into the your messages section and then the section which is messages sent by you ... You will be able to open and see any attachments you have sent ... Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the certificates that have to be uploaded pre-interview, are they just GCSE certificates? and where do I upload them? do i just send them as a message to Kings via the portal? thank you :smile:
Original post by Tee Logan x
For the certificates that have to be uploaded pre-interview, are they just GCSE certificates? and where do I upload them? do i just send them as a message to Kings via the portal? thank you :smile:

Ok ... Sorry if this sounds harsh but you upload anything the interview invite asked you : normally it is your passport ( front and back :- if you have ILR ( a visa thinggy) then a copy of that )
Ur certificates gcses ; a levels ( if you dont have them ask the uni what to but you will have ur results slip so sent those and ask ) photo id ( although ur passport covers this but if ur going to take a different id to interview a copy of that )
To send them you just go to send a message and at the bottom you will see add a file ...
Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hello101
Ok ... Sorry if this sounds harsh but you upload anything the interview invite asked you : normally it is your passport ( front and back :- if you have ILR ( a visa thinggy) then a copy of that )
Ur certificates gcses ; a levels ( if you dont have them ask the uni what to but you will have ur results slip so sent those and ask ) photo id ( although ur passport covers this but if ur going to take a different id to interview a copy of that )
To send them you just go to send a message and at the bottom you will see add a file ...
Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello :smile: and thank you! it didn't sound harsh, the only thing is they didn't write anywhere, upload gcse certificates- it just says 'upload certificates' that's why i was quite confused. Thanks again though! :biggrin:
Original post by oyyoyy
Thanks! I thought my interview went pretty well actually, though they asked me about advanced directives, and my mind sort of blanked and I had to get them to explain it to me, which I thought would count against me a little.

thanks, when does your UCAS update?
Anybody else have their interview tomorrow?
Any last minute advice? ;S
Reply 2138
Original post by LoonyLuna
Hmm maybe. I think anyone's best bet is to contact the admissions office, because it's not like it's difficult to write another essay question! Have you had your interview already?

yeah I've already had an interview and an offer and I can guarantee you I had an essay!!! I doubt they'll change it back to a questionnaire as that's unfair for the cohort!! they're are loads of essay questions- all my friends got a totally different ones!!
hey guys.... im new on this thread. i'm an international medicine applicant and just got invited for an interview on the 30th. they've told me it would be a 40 minute thing with me having to fill out a questionnaire and read and then discuss an ethical case study. any ideas on what type of questions are there on the questionnaire, and that apart from the ethical questioning, if i'd be needing any AS/A2 knowledge??? any help would be appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest