The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by psmalhotra
hey guys.... im new on this thread. i'm an international medicine applicant and just got invited for an interview on the 30th. they've told me it would be a 40 minute thing with me having to fill out a questionnaire and read and then discuss an ethical case study. any ideas on what type of questions are there on the questionnaire, and that apart from the ethical questioning, if i'd be needing any AS/A2 knowledge??? any help would be appreciated!

You shouldn't need any AS/A2 knowledge unless you put it on your personal statement :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Dandaman9999
You shouldn't need any AS/A2 knowledge unless you put it on your personal statement :smile:

cool, so they'll be only asking questions regarding ethics and stuff.... does that mean that i dont need to study anything for it?
cool, so they'll be only asking questions regarding ethics and stuff.... does that mean that i dont need to study anything for it?

I'd suggest go over the typical interview questions basically, and know your PS well
I'd suggest go over the typical interview questions basically, and know your PS well

kk, thanks man! have yu been for an interview already?
kk, thanks man! have yu been for an interview already?

Yeah I had mine one the 12th of December but haven't heard back yet :s-smilie: Hope I haven't been rejected!
Reply 2145
Original post by aspiringmedic1
thanks, when does your UCAS update?

It updated a few days ago...
Reply 2146
Original post by br13
I'm still waiting too, starting to feel like i was the only one!
I'm a UK applicant, 7A*4A GCSEs, AAAB at AS (B in Latin), 762.5 UKCAT
Predicted A*AAA

Good luck, hope we hear soon!

Yeah, i'm a uk applicant too. Thanks and good luck to you too! At least we haven't been rejected yet.
Reply 2147
Yeah I had mine one the 12th of December but haven't heard back yet :s-smilie: Hope I haven't been rejected!

yeah same, had my interview on the 12th, still haven't heard a single thing... How did you feel you interview went?
Original post by Mehroze1
yeah same, had my interview on the 12th, still haven't heard a single thing... How did you feel you interview went?

I feel it went ok, my ethical scenario analysis was not too great but I was hoping it was good enough... how about yourself?

Original post by Mehroze1

Haha I had mine on the 12th too and nothing.... :smile:
Original post by bubblygummy
Haha I had mine on the 12th too and nothing.... :smile:

Haha at least we aren't alone! :tongue: how did you feel your interview went?
Original post by medic321
yeah I've already had an interview and an offer and I can guarantee you I had an essay!!! I doubt they'll change it back to a questionnaire as that's unfair for the cohort!! they're are loads of essay questions- all my friends got a totally different ones!!

Yeah, I had an essay too, but they used the term "essay" very loosely. I'm pretty sure I just wrote a ton of rubbish.
Original post by Tinuviel
Anybody else have their interview tomorrow?
Any last minute advice? ;S

The only last minute advice I have is get a good night's sleep, get everything out the night before and just relax before bed, like spend the evening watching Sherlock or whatever and then go straight to bed at ten or something. Get into London early (you can always kill time at Starbucks), and the walk to the interview from London Bridge station is literally less than ten minutes.
The interviewers are really friendly and easy to talk to; it was my favourite interview out of all of them. Good luck :smile:
Has anyone who has been asked for interview called up King's and asked them whether it is a questionnaire or an essay? I think all the people in the new bacth say that their letter says it is a questionnaire (as with mine) and this could be because essay questions were leaked.
Original post by NightStarz
Has anyone who has been asked for interview called up King's and asked them whether it is a questionnaire or an essay? I think all the people in the new bacth say that their letter says it is a questionnaire (as with mine) and this could be because essay questions were leaked.

Yeah they really need to clear this up.
Reply 2155
I feel it went ok, my ethical scenario analysis was not too great but I was hoping it was good enough... how about yourself?

Yeah same I guess, hard to tell because whenever you look back at the interview you always think of loads of better stuff you could have said haha! I dunno, some parts were ok, but some I think I was just babbling on! What time was yours?!
Reply 2156
Original post by NightStarz

Also getting confused by this, if they said its a questionnaire it should be, they can't give us an essay when we haven't been told about it
Reply 2157
Original post by clover5
Also getting confused by this, if they said its a questionnaire it should be, they can't give us an essay when we haven't been told about it

Actually they can.
hey guys.... im new on this thread. i'm an international medicine applicant and just got invited for an interview on the 30th. they've told me it would be a 40 minute thing with me having to fill out a questionnaire and read and then discuss an ethical case study. any ideas on what type of questions are there on the questionnaire, and that apart from the ethical questioning, if i'd be needing any AS/A2 knowledge??? any help would be appreciated!

Hey, congratz on getting an interview!!! I am also an international applicant, would you mind sharing what your stats are?
Original post by Tinuviel
Anybody else have their interview tomorrow?
Any last minute advice? ;S

A shot of Dutch courage :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest