The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WREM36
thats the only thing, my worst science is chemistry. i was thinking about human biology but it is hard to find a college that does this.

Don't do chemistry then, you generally only need 1 science!

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone know what referred means on the ucas site.
Reply 102
Original post by cacatron
Universities understand that human Biology is a rare A level so will be unlikely to hold that against you as long as you get strong grades in Biology, I got an E in Chemistry As and have still been invited to interview, when asked for biology and one other science in an offer, Maths usualy counts for your other ( Geography was even mentioned in some of the entry requirements) , dont do chemistry just for the sake of doing it when other subjects you may be stonger at will be just as good

ah ok! so i have definitely decided to do maths and biology, now i cant decide what else to do. is law or politics good. or what about sociology and phycology... what is the difference between the two? Also maybe p.e or business studies...opinions? :smile:
Reply 103
Hey,

Has anyone else got an interview at UWE on the 5th of Feb?
Reply 104
Original post by mininurse1
does anyone know what referred means on the ucas site.

I think it means UCAS have sent your application to the university and they're reviewing it and UCAS is waiting on a response. :smile:
Reply 105
Hey I have an interview on the 28th for Staffordshire...I've heard its a maths test, English test and group discussion with a final individual interview? Does this sound right? And to anybody that's had an interview anywhere is the maths test a calculator paper or not? And is the English test just a general question to test your ability or is it paramedic related?
Reply 106
Original post by desire3
Hey I have an interview on the 28th for Staffordshire...I've heard its a maths test, English test and group discussion with a final individual interview? Does this sound right? And to anybody that's had an interview anywhere is the maths test a calculator paper or not? And is the English test just a general question to test your ability or is it paramedic related?

I've had my interview at Staffordshire in December and been offered a place so I can tell you exactly what should happen :wink:
You get there, put a sticker on with your name on, take a maths test (non calculator) then have a break, after the break you have a group discussion over a given senario then go for lunch. After lunch they tell you who has got through to individual interview and then after that you get an interview time (on that day). I was lucky enough to be first and after your interview you are free to go. You find out roughly two weeks (I wait 17 days) later if they offer you a place through email. :smile:
Hope this helps and your interview goes well!
Reply 107
Original post by Snortle
I've had my interview at Staffordshire in December and been offered a place so I can tell you exactly what should happen :wink:
You get there, put a sticker on with your name on, take a maths test (non calculator) then have a break, after the break you have a group discussion over a given senario then go for lunch. After lunch they tell you who has got through to individual interview and then after that you get an interview time (on that day). I was lucky enough to be first and after your interview you are free to go. You find out roughly two weeks (I wait 17 days) later if they offer you a place through email. :smile:

What was the scenario you was given?

i have an interview for Coventry and have to do a group discussion maths and English test anybody else have an interview here or had 1?

thanks in advance
Reply 108
Thanks that really helped! Did you have an English test?
Original post by Snortle
hi guys i have an interview on 12th march at edge hill paramedic practice. any info about the day will be greatly appreciated i am a mature student and this will be my first time in applying for uni….
any help would be great thanks
and goods luck to all
Reply 110
I have an interview at Coventry on the 14th of January, if that's when yours is??
I've just accepted a place at Teesside to start 27th Jan... anyone else starting this one?
I'm starting in jan at teesside too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danielacko
I'm starting in jan at teesside too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh nice one! Are you excited? Will you be getting accommodation?
Nah my parents live 10 mins from the uni, so im living with them for a bit, I still have 2 weeks at work yet to get through so haven't had time to get excited ! What about you? Feel free to message me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
Original post by trying hard!!
hi guys i have an interview on 12th march at edge hill paramedic practice. any info about the day will be greatly appreciated i am a mature student and this will be my first time in applying for uni….
any help would be great thanks
and goods luck to all

I got one there for a few days before you. Congratulations! Did you not receive Paramedic Practice Interview Guidance Booklet in the attached email they sent you?
Hi, Im new to student room and was after some advice please. I was unsuccessful at Edge Hill due to lack of experience and was wondering if any of those with interviews at Edge hill or anywhere else could offer some advice as to what kind of experience they are looking for. The experience I already have is:

Community First Responder for the Yorkshire Ambulance Service since 2010
Work as a Home Care Assistant in the community
Also work part time as an Advanced First Aider for a private ambulance firm covering events.
Done 14 observational shifts with Yorkshire Ambulance Service
Completed serval first aid courses.

any help who be greatly appreciated. thanks x
Original post by Littlelegs0
Hi, Im new to student room and was after some advice please. I was unsuccessful at Edge Hill due to lack of experience and was wondering if any of those with interviews at Edge hill or anywhere else could offer some advice as to what kind of experience they are looking for. The experience I already have is:

Community First Responder for the Yorkshire Ambulance Service since 2010
Work as a Home Care Assistant in the community
Also work part time as an Advanced First Aider for a private ambulance firm covering events.
Done 14 observational shifts with Yorkshire Ambulance Service
Completed serval first aid courses.

any help who be greatly appreciated. thanks x

That's all god experience, however, it probably came down to how you put it across in your personal statement and interview. Anyone can list that they've done xyz but they need to show what they've learned/gained from it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Happy_Holidays
That's all god experience, however, it probably came down to how you put it across in your personal statement and interview. Anyone can list that they've done xyz but they need to show what they've learned/gained from it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't list, I explained what skills /attributes I gained from the experiences. Didn't even get to interview stage :frown:
Original post by acerboni
I got one there for a few days before you. Congratulations! Did you not receive Paramedic Practice Interview Guidance Booklet in the attached email they sent you?

yes i received it just wanted some inside info good luck for your interview…what research have you been doing?

thanks

Latest