The Student Room Group

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XX

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sanguina
I meant an English native haha :smile: My hair used to be a super strange brown colour with grey undertones. Sounds weird as ****. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to bring it back buuut life goes on. I
desperately want to have a ginger baby someday but sadly, there are no gingers in my family.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah yeah I am an English native unfortunately! Brown's not strange? :L It's normal! And grey's nothing bad, my dad was completely grey by the age of 10 so I think I may have inherited his genes! (Not grey yet though).
Bring what back? o_0
Oh don't rule it out yet, you'll just have to find a ginger guy! Or adopt.
I believe that redhead can be used for people with all kinds of reddish hair while ginger is just ginger :biggrin: Better wait for Tom to explain, he's the pro here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

IS that me Tom? Well in my books red-head is when they're hot and ginger is when they're not, although sometimes I use ginger when they are.
Original post by Tom_green_day
Oh yeah yeah I am an English native unfortunately! Brown's not strange? :L It's normal! And grey's nothing bad, my dad was completely grey by the age of 10 so I think I may have inherited his genes! (Not grey yet though).
Bring what back? o_0
Oh don't rule it out yet, you'll just have to find a ginger guy! Or adopt.

Naaah, the particular brown was strange and my hair has not started getting grey yet. Hahaha you boys never get the whole colour thing.
From what I've learnt about genetics, a ginger father is not enough but I might be wrong. So where exactly are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Naaah, the particular brown was strange and my hair has not started getting grey yet. Hahaha you boys never get the whole colour thing.
From what I've learnt about genetics, a ginger father is not enough but I might be wrong. So where exactly are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No we don't :P But really any colour is attractive if done right!
A ginger father doesn't guarantee it but it could be a good starting place! I was actually born in London but don't live there any more :smile: So did you move from Bulgaria? Where do you live now? :smile:
No we don't :P But really any colour is attractive if done right!
A ginger father doesn't guarantee it but it could be a good starting place! I was actually born in London but don't live there any more :smile: So did you move from Bulgaria? Where do you live now? :smile:

Not yet. I've applied to some universities in Scotland and I hope I'll move there in autumn (preferably Aberdeen).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not yet. I've applied to some universities in Scotland and I hope I'll move there in autumn (preferably Aberdeen).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow that's a big move! Didn't look at any in England? :P
So are you fluent in English? Or just google translate? :L
Oh wow that's a big move! Didn't look at any in England? :P
So are you fluent in English? Or just google translate? :L

Ermm, I did but eventually chose only Scottish ones because of SAAS. Plus, I've got close friends there and we're looking forward to living together.
Do you think I'd be applying at English-speaking unis, if I needed google translate? Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by super_kawaii
It's so much fun! We just end up blaring out loads of Asian music, with the odd bit of 'wrecking ball' for good measure! :tongue:

did you have fun at karaoke last night?
Ermm, I did but eventually chose only Scottish ones because of SAAS. Plus, I've got close friends there and we're looking forward to living together.
Do you think I'd be applying at English-speaking unis, if I needed google translate? Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awh that's cute :smile: What are you looking to study?
Oh yeah sorry me being dumb :P So what do they speak in scotland? Scottish? Celtish? Galeic?
(Just kidding I'm about half scottish)
What course are you applying for Sanguina?
Awh that's cute :smile: What are you looking to study?
Oh yeah sorry me being dumb :P So what do they speak in scotland? Scottish? Celtish? Galeic?
(Just kidding I'm about half scottish)

Basically media. Oh, stop it, don't make fun of me :biggrin: They speak English with some strange Auld-lang-syne-ish slang.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DirtyHarry01
What course are you applying for Sanguina?

Media, Journalism... Even had one with Politics in haha. Fingers crossed. What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Media, Journalism... Even had one with Politics in haha. Fingers crossed. What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awww cool, is there any one in particular you want to do most?

Ive applied to do Law, Im currently doing A-Levels :smile:
Basically media. Oh, stop it, don't make fun of me :biggrin: They speak English with some strange Auld-lang-syne-ish slang.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's cool, you'll be a journalist in a few years then? :smile:
Making fun of you? How come?
Oh I know what they speak I was joking, I come from a quite strongly Scottish family, I've been a few times and the countryside is beautiful :smile:
Hey so we don't spam this thread do you want to move this to PM?
Awww cool, is there any one in particular you want to do most?

Ive applied to do Law, Im currently doing A-Levels :smile:

I'm in two minds about Media and a joint degree of Film&Visual Culture and Politics. Although I'm not sure what I might end up working with the second one afterwards.
I thought you're already at university. Law sounds fantastic. Whenever I see a law or a medicine student, I immediately assume they must be super smart :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh that's cool, you'll be a journalist in a few years then? :smile:
Making fun of you? How come?
Oh I know what they speak I was joking, I come from a quite strongly Scottish family, I've been a few times and the countryside is beautiful :smile:
Hey so we don't spam this thread do you want to move this to PM?

Sure, go ahead :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in two minds about Media and a joint degree of Film&Visual Culture and Politics. Although I'm not sure what I might end up working with the second one afterwards.
I thought you're already at university. Law sounds fantastic. Whenever I see a law or a medicine student, I immediately assume they must be super smart :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is the media degree necessary for the career path? Like, would it be possible to pursue the same career with both degrees?

How come? Law is really interesting for me, Im kinda scared about doing it at Uni because you hear all sorts of horror stories about students pulling all nighters and spending all there time in the libraries, haha.

I wouldn't say a Law student has to be smart, they just tend to be able to think logically. A Law degree does equip one with many useful skills.
Is the media degree necessary for the career path? Like, would it be possible to pursue the same career with both degrees?

How come? Law is really interesting for me, Im kinda scared about doing it at Uni because you hear all sorts of horror stories about students pulling all nighters and spending all there time in the libraries, haha.

I wouldn't say a Law student has to be smart, they just tend to be able to think logically. A Law degree does equip one with many useful skills.

The media one is like a combination of every other one I've applied for. I'll make the important decision when I get my offers, in case that happens at all, haha.

I believe law means less partying and more studying. It's what my parents wanted me to study but... look at me now. I might have made a mistake. Time will show. It's a good career - low unemployment rate, as far as I'm familiar.

Did you get any offers yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The media one is like a combination of every other one I've applied for. I'll make the important decision when I get my offers, in case that happens at all, haha.

I believe law means less partying and more studying. It's what my parents wanted me to study but... look at me now. I might have made a mistake. Time will show. It's a good career - low unemployment rate, as far as I'm familiar.

Did you get any offers yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, ok. Are you not confident of getting any offers? You should be sanguine about it :biggrin: Sorry, I couldn't resist xD

Im ok about studying Law, I'm sure I can maintain a social life during my studies. At least I hope so. Imo you shouldn't only decide to do a degree because its seen as very academic or prestigious, not everyone will enjoy doing a law degree.

Law is actually tricky because it doesn't automatically mean you can be a solicitor/barrister since you have to do the LPC/BVC afterwards which is a one year training course for Solicitors/Barristers, and then you need to get pupillage to become a barrister or try and get a two year training contact if you want to be a solicitor. Training contracts are notoriously competitive.

I haven't gotten my offers yet.
Original post by itssimplyme
You never know, you might do, as they should know the deadline date :smile:

You won't get rejected, don't worry! As long as you've chosen a wise range of unis with different entry requirements and grades you think you'll realistically be able to achieve, there's no reason you'll get rejected :smile: stay optimistic!

The TSR Personal Statement help section has 38 statements in the queue with 3 days to the deadline, it's gonna rely on some people being super kind and reading mine (which was 33rd in the queue when I submitted this morning)

And considering I'm applying for History without a History A-Level, the chances are remote :lol: It's riding entirely on my personal statement and my 360 UCAS points from 2006, which well, for the courses I've selected are enough, but I'd rather be pessimistic :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest