The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
Original post by malik8050
Hi!
I received an interview email from Leicester two days ago, for the 18th Feb.
Very happy, but now I have a month to prepare for it.

Things I do know:
It's an 8-station MMI.

Things I don't know:
WHAT DO THEY ASK YOU?!

I mean, there's a station called 'written comprehension'. Do they ask you to talk about a piece of text? DO you need to write something? How long does each station take?

I'll ask more later, if anyone is on.

Congratulations on getting an interview :smile: I'm afraid we aren't allowed to tell you anything about the content of the interview (we signed a scary looking piece of paper saying that we wouldn't). Each station is 7 minutes long, thats about all anyone can say :s-smilie:
Reply 1681
Does Leicester have a role playing station? If so, can you give me any tips as to how I should approach such a station?
No no nnnnono.
I don't need the exact questions. Even if I had them, that would be useless information because they change with every applicant.
I just want the things which can give me an idea of what is happening. How long am I expected to stay to complete all 8 stations? Is the interview done closed or open file? Has anyone been asked about why they chose Leicester over other universities (implies good knowledge of each university's specificities)...
I think not. If you look at the titles of the stations, none imply a role-playing interview.
Original post by joeymr
Congratulations on getting an interview :smile: I'm afraid we aren't allowed to tell you anything about the content of the interview (we signed a scary looking piece of paper saying that we wouldn't). Each station is 7 minutes long, thats about all anyone can say :s-smilie:

Thanks. I was wondering about the lack of information myself.

Are you allowed breaks between the stations?
Thanks. I was wondering about the lack of information myself.

Are you allowed breaks between the stations?

You have 1 minute to read instructions between each, so not really no :/

It is a pretty intense 63 minutes, but quite an interesting format and you're always busy so the time flies!! In fact, by the end you'll be wishing you'd be given in more time :tongue:
Original post by Dr. Django
You have 1 minute to read instructions between each, so not really no :/

It is a pretty intense 63 minutes, but quite an interesting format and you're always busy so the time flies!! In fact, by the end you'll be wishing you'd be given in more time :tongue:

I see.
Do students enter one by one? If you come early, you'll be waiting behind a line of students until their turn arrives?
I see.
Do students enter one by one? If you come early, you'll be waiting behind a line of students until their turn arrives?

For my interview:

. No one was allowed to enter the briefing room till the stated time (waited in cafe :wink: )
. Split into 3 groups alphabetically, then given a briefing
. 1 of the 3 groups went and did their interview straight away, all 16 of them, 8 each in 2 adjacent rooms going around in a cycle from station to station. After their interview they went on a tour
. Another group went on a tour first, and then went and had their interview afterwards
. My group, the last one, went on a tour first, then had an hour and a half ish to relax ans stuff before our interview, and then we went and had our interview :smile:

The time you turn up doesn't matter (unless youre late!!!!) Everyone enters the briefing room at the same time. Everyone is then assigned a group, so you wont know until youre at the briefing when your interview will be :smile:
Reply 1688
For my interview:

. No one was allowed to enter the briefing room till the stated time (waited in cafe :wink: )
. Split into 3 groups alphabetically, then given a briefing
. 1 of the 3 groups went and did their interview straight away, all 16 of them, 8 each in 2 adjacent rooms going around in a cycle from station to station. After their interview they went on a tour
. Another group went on a tour first, and then went and had their interview afterwards
. My group, the last one, went on a tour first, then had an hour and a half ish to relax ans stuff before our interview, and then we went and had our interview :smile:

The time you turn up doesn't matter (unless youre late!!!!) Everyone enters the briefing room at the same time. Everyone is then assigned a group, so you wont know until youre at the briefing when your interview will be :smile:

Haha I was in the third group when I did my interview aswell, that 1 and a half hour wait between the tour and interview was anything but relaxing hahah!! :tongue:
Original post by Mehroze1
Haha I was in the third group when I did my interview aswell, that 1 and a half hour wait between the tour and interview was anything but relaxing hahah!! :tongue:

Maybe it was just my group then :P, we all seemed pretty chilled! It was a case of being back in the briefing room 5 mins before our interview thinking "**** me, this is actually happening now" after a few hours of forced ignorance and brownie munching :wink:

Admittedly, relaxation didn't seem to benefit my interview performance, which was rather atrocious :tongue:
Reply 1690
Maybe it was just my group then :P, we all seemed pretty chilled! It was a case of being back in the briefing room 5 mins before our interview thinking "**** me, this is actually happening now" after a few hours of forced ignorance and brownie munching :wink:

Admittedly, relaxation didn't seem to benefit my interview performance, which was rather atrocious :tongue:

Hahaha, I found the tour pretty relaxing and then chatting to the other guys there was pretty relaxing aswell, but dat 1 and a half hour wait.....
Haha you know what, I had a brownie from that shop aswell before my interview!! Ah I wouldnt worry about it too much mate, I think everyone felt that way, I had an appalling couple of stations haha!
Reply 1691

Station 5- enough said :P
Original post by joeymr

Calculation? Someone said it was crazy hard.
Reply 1693
Original post by joeymr

Unless they've mixed up the stations, I know the one you're on about... The worst part was, that was my first station ahah, what a way to set up the rest of the interview!!
Original post by Mehroze1
Hahaha, I found the tour pretty relaxing and then chatting to the other guys there was pretty relaxing aswell, but dat 1 and a half hour wait.....
Haha you know what, I had a brownie from that shop aswell before my interview!! Ah I wouldnt worry about it too much mate, I think everyone felt that way, I had an appalling couple of stations haha!

The small talk was relentless, I swear I told 15 different people where I was from and where else I applied :tongue: The wait got nerve-wracking near the end, but there was a 'calm before the storm' up till then!! Brownie was decent, would have preferred a bigger one but one can you do :/ the thing is, most of you wont have screwed up that badly, whereas I definitley got only 1 point for one of the stations as I only answered 1 question :tongue: :smile:

Original post by joeymr

I realised the other day, after all this time slating number 5 my debacle of a station was number 4 o.O however, they mixed them all up so to be honest they could be the same or different!!

All I know is, on a relatively easy station I just sat there saying "errr...I cant remember...errrr..." For the rest I was ok but that part was appalling :tongue:
Reply 1695
woah hadn't realised Leicester had started giving out offers!!!
Huge huge huge congratulations to everyone with an offer, such a relief!

my interview was on the 17th - has anyone from this day heard anything yet?

again, huge well done if you've received an offer (:
Reply 1696
Original post by holly432
woah hadn't realised Leicester had started giving out offers!!!
Huge huge huge congratulations to everyone with an offer, such a relief!

my interview was on the 17th - has anyone from this day heard anything yet?

again, huge well done if you've received an offer (:

I think only people who had their interviews on the 11th have heard so far :smile: i think this week will be a busy week of decisions though!
Reply 1697
Original post by joeymr
I think only people who had their interviews on the 11th have heard so far :smile: i think this week will be a busy week of decisions though!

definitely! my interview went ok (apart from that station that most people didn't like) where else have you applied? :smile:
Reply 1698
Original post by holly432
definitely! my interview went ok (apart from that station that most people didn't like) where else have you applied? :smile:

Haha, yeah im definitely aware of that station :colondollar:
Applied to Leicester, Manchester, Oxford and Southampton :smile: how about you?
Reply 1699
Original post by joeymr
Haha, yeah im definitely aware of that station :colondollar:
Applied to Leicester, Manchester, Oxford and Southampton :smile: how about you?

hahaha, and I applied to Leicester, Southampton, Cambridge and Newcastle! 2 the same and others kind of similar! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending