Original post by Hannaetc
Yep! (: looking forward to it? or nervous? x

Nervous!! You?
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 41
My interview for Derby is on wednesday, im really nervous about the group interview, any tips? and is anyone elses interview this day? :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by sianbates
My interview for Derby is on wednesday, im really nervous about the group interview, any tips? and is anyone elses interview this day? :smile:

Hi I'm in my 2nd year at Derby so I remember how you feel! Just remember to speak up - they want to see you joining in the discussions and putting your ideas across. But at the same time don't dominate the discussion either!

When being asked similar questions, try and give a different answer and make sure your research is up to date - look at the latest news on Education/TES/National Curriculum.

Any other questions just ask! Good luck!
Reply 43
Had my interview at Derby yesterday morning, wow how friendly are they! Really hope I get on to the PGCE course, spoke quite a bit in the discussion, whenever there was a slight pause and I could get in, I just hope it was enough :frown:
Reply 44
Hi Guys,
got an interview for Primary Teaching at Derby on the 9th January.. pretty nervous tbh anyone got any tips etc? First interview i've had and they said to prepare to talk about your interest, suitability in the teaching profession based on recent school experiences.. any clues? Ideas?
Thankss
Reply 45
I have an interview on the 30 th of January for primary teaching and would be grateful if anyone who has already had an interview could give me any tips and if anyone has an interview on the same day
Reply 46
Original post by lizzyc1234
Hi Guys,
got an interview for Primary Teaching at Derby on the 9th January.. pretty nervous tbh anyone got any tips etc? First interview i've had and they said to prepare to talk about your interest, suitability in the teaching profession based on recent school experiences.. any clues? Ideas?
Thankss

I'm in my 4th year on the BEd at Derby if you have any questions just ask :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by canneh
I have an interview on the 30 th of January for primary teaching and would be grateful if anyone who has already had an interview could give me any tips and if anyone has an interview on the same day

I'm in my 4th year on the BEd at Derby if you have any questions just ask :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Stephss

How is the course laid out in terms of lectures and placements.
Also what should I expect the numeracy and literacy tests to be like.
Reply 49
Original post by canneh
How is the course laid out in terms of lectures and placements.
Also what should I expect the numeracy and literacy tests to be like.

You can expect a pretty full timetable - a lot more time spent in Uni than other courses. Usually averaging 3 full days (sometimes with free sessions in between) and a half day actually at uni.

You'll do about 9 weeks of placement a year (November, Jan-Mar, and in your 1st year you go back in May too).
All first years have their placement in EYFS classes, then you'll be given two different placements (probably KS1 and KS2) for your second and third year.

The tests have changed a lot since I started so probably best to look through old threads similar to this one!
Original post by lizzyc1234
Hi Guys,
Thankss

I have my interview tomorrow. What were the tests like? Also, what did they ask in the interview?
Thanks!
Original post by canneh

I have my interview tomorrow. What were the tests like? Also, what did they ask in the interview?
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending