The Student Room Group

Career impasse

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help :tongue: I've had a look around on here but have yet to find something that gives me some ideas.

I qualified as a primary teacher last summer and since then have decided that I really don't want to go into teaching. I love children but I don't want to do the teaching; nursery; social care...etc. route.

I'm now stuck at where to go in my life :colondollar: I'm currently working in a bookstore for money and for something to do, but it's not what I want to do as my care; it's more like a job, for now.

I've tried applying for jobs here and there to see what else interests me, but so far nothing has really stuck out. I'm at a total loss of what to do and where to go... I'd be really grateful for any sort of ideas.

Thanks so much, guys:smile:
What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? What sort of stuff do you find yourself gravitating towards? What would you do if you had all the money in the world and just had to kill time?
I know 3 people in a similar position to yourself from when I lived in Spain; they decided they didn't want to do teach an ended up applying for jobs as kids reps for the likes of Thomson/Thomas Cook etc 'just for a year' whilst they decided what they wanted to do long term.

2 of 'em are now senior managers at Thomson, the other one teaches ESOL in Hong Kong full time.
Original post by wanderlust.xx
What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? What sort of stuff do you find yourself gravitating towards? What would you do if you had all the money in the world and just had to kill time?

I honestly have no clue :redface: I love to read and am currently in a bookshop, which I do enjoy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending