The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aky786UK
I think someone will nick it with 12 mins to go.

A Messi sex-tape? Is this real or is it another Photoshop fabrication like that picture with Messi having it off with some girl last year lol

Pretty sure its a fake.
Reply 3301
Original post by qua
Terrible refereeing, typical la liga.

Do you recommend it?

No. Why?

I got confused for a second as I know you're German but you seem to be quite itk about Spanish culture with your post about referees and the fa.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3302
Original post by mrmicrosoft
I haven't seen it, but I think you may enjoy it

I see what you're doing. :lol:
Reply 3303
Mrmicrosoft is my guy. Don't bait him out like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3304
That last 30 second was more exciting that the other 91:30.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3305
Man, I miss the football arguments, less people getting heated up over the game now. I want 3 page long arguments and ad hom galore.
Only caught the last 25 minutes but I'm glad Atletico didn't lose. Would have preferred them to win but ah well. I think Simeone is an absolutely fantastic manager and is not getting anywhere near enough credit.

As for Barcelona I really can't see them reaching the heights they did under Guardiola, even with Martino attempting to take them through a transition.
Piquenbaeur :holmes:
Original post by CB91
Theres no h in Atletico btw.

But yeah, Atleti have had a very good defence under Simeone.

Yes, I know there is no h in Atletico. As you may have noticed, I was posting from my mobile, and the autotext came out as Athletico. Crime of the century to not bother to correct it, I know :rolleyes:
Reply 3309
Ronaldo having a shocker.
Reply 3310
CR now scored 2 goals in 3 full games in 2014 (just like Messi did in 70 minutes).

Strange for him to collect the award after tonight's performance and missing about 3 100% chances.
Original post by qua
CR now scored 2 goals in 3 full games in 2014 (just like Messi did in 70 minutes).

Strange for him to collect the award after tonight's performance and missing about 3 100% chances.

Not really because it's based on the whole year not 1 game
Reply 3312
Original post by baconbutty
Not really because it's based on the whole year not 1 game

Wasn't questioning his credentials, but the mood. This award and how people think about him and it obviously means a lot to him, and he now had 2 mediocre performance directly before the ceremony. As people's memory spans are short, that will destroy some of the hype mood he got after the Sweden game, which doesn't change anything about the award or his "deserving" it, but it will increase the talk about "deserved?" afterwards.
Original post by qua
Wasn't questioning his credentials, but the mood. This award and how people think about him and it obviously means a lot to him, and he now had 2 mediocre performance directly before the ceremony. As people's memory spans are short, that will destroy some of the hype mood he got after the Sweden game, which doesn't change anything about the award or his "deserving" it, but it will increase the talk about "deserved?" afterwards.

cristiano-ronaldo-armani-ads-1070026106.jpg
Reply 3314
Original post by qua

Yeah, he's not been too great this calendar year, Messi will probably take the throne back again.

I guess it was nice to break the Messi dominance for a year. I think Ronaldo's comments to blatter probably helped him win the balon d'or tbh. It gave him more publicity, add to that his performance against sweden around the same time and a good run of form while Messi then gets injured et voila. Very smart from him tbh.

Hopefully it gives him some more confidence to actually run the real Messi for the award this year, otherwise it'll just be a mismatch like it was last year.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Man, I miss the football arguments, less people getting heated up over the game now. I want 3 page long arguments and ad hom galore.

lool jam you're my boiii, i want ad hom galore as well. ad homs are the best, I say **** the moderators and just let us ad hom each other on a regs ad homs errywhere erryday errytin
:lol:
Reply 3317
Original post by Straight up G
lool jam you're my boiii, i want ad hom galore as well. ad homs are the best, I say **** the moderators and just let us ad hom each other on a regs ad homs errywhere erryday errytin

As said eloquently by another poster(that then got banned for a week because of how butthurt he was about his United team that was a definite for the league title this season(his words paraphrased) being domed by Spurs) What kind of ****ing name is Straight up G!

Haven't seen Sci fi Rory post in the football thread since :frown:
Reply 3318
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Yeah, he's not been too great this calendar year, Messi will probably take the throne back again.

I guess it was nice to break the Messi dominance for a year. I think Ronaldo's comments to blatter probably helped him win the balon d'or tbh. It gave him more publicity, add to that his performance against sweden around the same time and a good run of form while Messi then gets injured et voila. Very smart from him tbh.

Hopefully it gives him some more confidence to actually run the real Messi for the award this year, otherwise it'll just be a mismatch like it was last year.

If Messi gets back to 100% fitness, it would take CR a lot to beat him, number-wise, aesthetics-wise, reception-wise and title-wise - perhaps winning la decima, winning or getting very far in the world cup etc could do the trick, but that doesn't seem very likely.

Spoiler

No doubt CR's comments about Blatter and the media campaign that followed made the difference, many who don't know how the BD works think Messi only won so often because Blatter decides the winner anyway, so Blatter's and CR's comments gave those theories a fertile ground. The Sweden hat trick, reopening the voting half an hour after the game (lol) and some voters being bored with seeing Messi win anyway did the rest.

One thing CR could work on this year is adding more dimensions to his team play in the final third, e.g. passing not shooting when in doubt. His conversion rate is quite bad compared to other top strikers/forwards:
CR: 14.47%
RVP: 18.44%
Kießling: 20.66%
Lewandowski: 24.49%
Messi: 33.82%

In the final third, CR takes more or less every opportunity to shoot and hopes it turns into a goal. He's a good dribbler, so he has the means to improve that, but ideally he would make use of his team mates more, that would improve his assists numbers, destroy his selfish image and make RM more multi-dimensional.
Reply 3319
Original post by qua
If Messi gets back to 100% fitness, it would take CR a lot to beat him, number-wise, aesthetics-wise, reception-wise and title-wise - perhaps winning la decima, winning or getting very far in the world cup etc could do the trick, but that doesn't seem very likely.

Spoiler

Agree with the rest.

Also, the debate as to who was better should have ended last year when Messi broke the record for goals in a calendar year.

Balon d'or lost credibility when Ribery was considered a contender for the award, because the other two win it all the time :rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest