The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2180
Original post by headbanger
Hi all, I've been invited for an interview on this Wednesday. Just wondering, how do you upload the scans of your certificates and all that onto their portal? Thanks

Hi if you don't mind me asking, when did you get your invite for the interview? Were you a part of the first cycle? It's just I'm waiting for SOMETHING to come from Kings but atm I got nada. :confused:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by vee_19
Hi if you don't mind me asking, when did you get your invite for the interview? Were you a part of the first cycle? It's just I'm waiting for SOMETHING to come from Kings but atm I got nada. :confused:

I won't lie, I have no clue which cycle I'm part of, but I got my invitation on the 23/12. What are your stats, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Rosine
I am in the same position..I haven't had an email asking for them but I don't know whether I have to upload them or not. Have you received an e-mail confirming that your uploaded certificates have been received and attached to you application? :smile:

No I haven't received an email stating the confirmation of my certificates but it shows that my message with all of the certificates is present in the "my Messages" section of the KCL MyApplication page. What about you and just to clarify are you an 18th December interviewee like me? :biggrin:
Original post by vee_19
aaah bummer... When I looked at it when I was looking at my options last yr it said you can't have taken your GCSE's at a selective school. Maybe they changed it since. I'm really sorry to hear that :frown: BUT Do you go to a non grammer, (soz scuse the spelling, little dyslexic) non private school? Because St Georges love that! and more if your not an Asian girl. Before anyone has a go at that comment it IS true. I was told by a Heart surgeon at UCL Heart hospital who is a part of the UCL selection process that Georges had a seperate interview day for asian girls to compete between themselves because they are the majority group receiving offers. Hope that rant helps :colondollar:

You are speaking absolute nonsense. There is no way a university will take an interview day for just a specific ethnic race. For starters, they're not even given that information by UCAS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hopefulgrad14
You are speaking absolute nonsense. There is no way a university will take an interview day for just a specific ethnic race. For starters, they're not even given that information by UCAS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unless they are international? It seems far fetched but at the same time I don't see any reason for vee_19 to lie?? The mysterious ways of medical school selection processes eh!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DonGreeky
Unless they are international? It seems far fetched but at the same time I don't see any reason for vee_19 to lie?? The mysterious ways of medical school selection processes eh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm it doesn't seem logical though, pretty sure that is illegal to start with! And imagine giving feedback "sorry, we would have accepted you if you were white or black but as you were Asian we can't give you a place"
That wouldn't ever go down well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adam_dewji
Hmm it doesn't seem logical though, pretty sure that is illegal to start with! And imagine giving feedback "sorry, we would have accepted you if you were white or black but as you were Asian we can't give you a place"
That wouldn't ever go down well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly, it is completely illegal!! The amount of rumours that go around about medical school selection disgust me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2187
Original post by Mehroze1
yeah same, had my interview on the 12th, still haven't heard a single thing... How did you feel you interview went?

I had mine on 12th and haven't heard anything so I'm worrying too!!
Reply 2188
Is there an Fb offer group

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2189
Original post by Sporthello
No I haven't received an email stating the confirmation of my certificates but it shows that my message with all of the certificates is present in the "my Messages" section of the KCL MyApplication page. What about you and just to clarify are you an 18th December interviewee like me? :biggrin:

Yeah.. I've started worrying because my friend with an interview on the same day ... Got an offer :|
The panic has literally struck

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am the only one from and around the 11th Dec. to have not heard anything yet?

This is insane...
Reply 2191
Original post by General Maximus

This is insane...

Have heard in respect that I needed to upload a passport copy. It seems to happen at differing rates so I wouldn't worry ^^.
Original post by General Maximus

This is insane...

Nope, I'm also in that Titanic. (from the 10th)
Exactly, it is completely illegal!! The amount of rumours that go around about medical school selection disgust me

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. People begin to stoop so low in order to find an excuse why they were or were not accepted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kings... do me a favour and make a decision on my application already!!
This is question is open to all people who have had an interview. What is your ukcat? I'm concerned that my ukcat is not enough. My score was 717.5 . Any ideas? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, that's absolutely ridiculous.

I believe they do interview international students on allocated days so it may appear like applicants on those days are somehow grouped by ethnicity but even then, international students can be from any number of countries outside of the EU so they can't all be say, Asians.

The whole application process is slow and stressful for many but I do believe it's fair and relatively transparent. Some people may feel like they weren't assessed fairly because they have non-conventional high school qualifications, that's fair enough but definitely not by something like ethnicity.
Reply 2197
This is TORMENT! :frown:
Reply 2198
Original post by Cephalosporin
I agree, that's absolutely ridiculous.

I believe they do interview international students on allocated days so it may appear like applicants on those days are somehow grouped by ethnicity but even then, international students can be from any number of countries outside of the EU so they can't all be say, Asians.

The whole application process is slow and stressful for many but I do believe it's fair and relatively transparent. Some people may feel like they weren't assessed fairly because they have non-conventional high school qualifications, that's fair enough but definitely not by something like ethnicity.

I think the word "ethnicity" is used loosely and may just refer to the international students. It's a fact that it's harder for internationals to get interviewed/accepted compared to UK/EU students.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2199
I realise this probably seems a bit of a silly question considering what everyone is going through waiting for a decision! But I have an interview on Thursday and was just wondering if there's somewhere to leave your coat/bag or if you have to bring it into the interview room?

Quick Reply