The Student Room Group

NHS Medical Laboratory Assistant Interview Advice

Deleted
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Sam00
Hi, I have an interview this week for a MLA at my local NHS hospital which is based in the Microbiology Department.

Despite doing loads of research about the job and completing a science access to he diploma I still feel completely unprepared and scared that I won't come across well and answer the questions adequately which makes me feel like I am going to fail :frown:

The thing is I really want this job more than any other job I have been interviewed for which I causing me to panic a bit.

If anyone can help i would really appreciate it

I had an interview for a MLA job. The first few questions are just your basic interview. E.g. Tells us a bit about your work experience so far (you can include both voluntary and paid? For this type of question try to highlight what you have learned from each job?

They can also ask you to give examples of when you worked as team towards a goal? How would you deal with a colleague who is not putting effort? Whether you have experience of working out-of-hours shifts?

The other questions are scenario-based. One thing you must remember for these ones is always make sure you uphold patient confidentiality.

The last tip I can give you is READ THE JOB DESCRIPTION.

BTW, relax and good luck.:gthumb:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Sam00
Thanks, had my interview today, not feeling too optimistic, I should hear by tomorrow

Don't let it get you down. Despite it being an entry level job, it is really competitive. They even have highly experienced candidates applying, which slightly gets on my nerve :mad:.

Just keep applying, at least know you have more of an idea what they are looking for. But then again you might still get the job:smile:.
Reply 3
Original post by Sam00
Thanks, I was offered the job today which was a pleasant surprise. I can't wait to start

Hi Sam00, I also have an interview for MLA in the coming week. Would you be kind enough to share what sort of questions they asked you and how the interview was structured and whether you had a pre-interview test as well?

Thank you =)
Original post by Sam00
Thanks, I was offered the job today which was a pleasant surprise. I can't wait to start

Hi I have an interview for a medical laboratory assistant job in pathology. I have never had an interview before for a laboratory assistant job and was wondering if you had any advice or could help me as you have been through the experience yourself. I really need this job so any advice would be great.

I also have to do a 15 minute test on request cards and sample matching do you know anything about this?

thanks A
Reply 5
Hi i have got a MLA apprentice interview tomorrow at my local hospital. I would really appreciate it if you could let me know what kind of questions are asked.
Im really nervous 😒
Reply 6
Original post by Halimavali
Hi i have got a MLA apprentice interview tomorrow at my local hospital. I would really appreciate it if you could let me know what kind of questions are asked.
Im really nervous 😒

how was the interview?
Reply 7
It actually went quite well :smile: i had to do a typing test and then i was interviewd by 3 ladies. They asked general questions like tell me about yourself, about patient confidentiality, why have you chosen to apply for microbiology and questions about the role.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
What sort of questions did they ask about the role? X
Original post by bubblesbubbles
Hi I have an interview for a medical laboratory assistant job in pathology. I have never had an interview before for a laboratory assistant job and was wondering if you had any advice or could help me as you have been through the experience yourself. I really need this job so any advice would be great.

I also have to do a 15 minute test on request cards and sample matching do you know anything about this?

thanks A

Hey I have the same interview as yours could you please kindly let me know what questions you were being asked and what kind of test it was please
hi monika did u get the job how was int can you tell me about the test
Do you guys have any idea about "Data entry test" for MLA interview? Please help.
Thanks in advance.
I realise this thread is about the interview stage, but does anyone have any tips for the supporting information part of the application, i.e. how many words roughly? I have applied several times for a MLA position in different locations but getting no where (I am a recent biological sciences graduate btw).

Would appreciate any help :smile: thanks.
Original post by Sam00
Hi, I have an interview this week for a MLA at my local NHS hospital which is based in the Microbiology Department.

Despite doing loads of research about the job and completing a science access to he diploma I still feel completely unprepared and scared that I won't come across well and answer the questions adequately which makes me feel like I am going to fail :frown:

The thing is I really want this job more than any other job I have been interviewed for which I causing me to panic a bit.

If anyone can help i would really appreciate it

Good on you that u got the job. Well done.
i have an interview in two weeks for lab medical assistant. Can u tell me what questions you were asked and any other tips. Thanks
same..i have an interview in 2 weeks..which hospital is ur interview in?
Original post by shaz90ish
same..i have an interview in 2 weeks..which hospital is ur interview in?

Hi Shaz99ish

Did you attend the interview? How was it? any tips you can provide, as I have an interview in a local hospital in two weeks and am a bit nervous..
Hi, my name is Esther, I have got an interview tomorrow as a medical laboratory assistant. Could you please help on the questions you were asked. I really want to get this jib and it would mean a lot to me
I had an interview today, below are some of the questions they asked. Some are not the exact wordings cause I forgot. I hope this helps some.

Define teamwork and how have you done this

How do you take care of patient samples.

How do you handle someone speaking in an aggressive tone.

If you can't read a Dr handwriting to write into the computer what will you do

How do you handle/ treat a patients request form.

How have you used your organisational skills.

How do you work/ handle stressful situations.

What's your experience with typing.

What made you inetersted in this position.
(edited 8 years ago)
[QUOTE=Bonjourno;57451699]I had an interview today, below are some of the questions they asked. Some are not the exact wordings cause I forgot. I hope this helps some.

Define teamwork and how have you done this

How do you take care of patient samples.

How do you handle someone speaking in an aggressive tone.

If you can't read a Dr handwriting to write into the computer what will you do

How do you handle/ treat a patients request form.

How have you used your organisational skills.

How do you work/ handle stressful situations.

What's your experience with typing.

What made you inetersted in this position.

Hello my name is Johanna, I have the tittle of Medical laboratory technician I've seen in the NHS that some places are looking for people (I live in Spain, I've studied that 5 years ago and I have never got a job still now). Can you give me more information or contact to me in a private message please? I have a lot of questions. Thank you so much
Original post by Johanna89
Hello my name is Johanna, I have the tittle of Medical laboratory technician I've seen in the NHS that some places are looking for people (I live in Spain, I've studied that 5 years ago and I have never got a job still now). Can you give me more information or contact to me in a private message please? I have a lot of questions. Thank you so much

Hello, i'm new to this myself so i wont know alot. You can ask and if im able to answer i will do so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending