The Student Room Group

BY2 Jan 2014

Just wondering how many people are sitting BY2 in 2 days? and how is everyone feeling about it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am! such a shame to be resitting by2 again.. i thought last summer wasn't too bad ended up getting an E in it :frown: an ideas what going to come up?
Original post by Bethan13
I am! such a shame to be resitting by2 again.. i thought last summer wasn't too bad ended up getting an E in it :frown: an ideas what going to come up?

same... You can pretty much bet theres gonna be at least 1 question on the heart because of last year. How prepared are you?
Reply 3
Original post by TheBestUsername
same... You can pretty much bet theres gonna be at least 1 question on the heart because of last year. How prepared are you?

i don't think im even half prepared as last time.. hove no motivation after by4 which i found really hard. If the cardiac cycle or heart beat came up as an essay that would be good... hope oxygen dissociation curves don't come up because i don't really understand them! how about you?
i don't think im even half prepared as last time.. hove no motivation after by4 which i found really hard. If the cardiac cycle or heart beat came up as an essay that would be good... hope oxygen dissociation curves don't come up because i don't really understand them! how about you?

I worked stupidly hard for BY4 and found it not too bad. Hmm yes they are confusing even after going over it many times. I'm hoping the essay is either on plants in some way or on controling the heart with pulses, theres also a very good chance of reproduction coming up as it didnt in the last. If it did correct me. (sorry for the poor use of terms I do my exams in Welsh so I don't know many english terms).
Reply 5
I worked stupidly hard for BY4 and found it not too bad. Hmm yes they are confusing even after going over it many times. I'm hoping the essay is either on plants in some way or on controling the heart with pulses, theres also a very good chance of reproduction coming up as it didnt in the last. If it did correct me. (sorry for the poor use of terms I do my exams in Welsh so I don't know many english terms).

reproduction came up as the essay so yes there is a chance of it being in question form this time. hmm what about the Darwin essay... i think it has a chance of being in the essay this time also. i would love gas exchange in plants with stomata mechanisms.. and maybe the stucture of the gut. parasites always seem to come up also!
reproduction came up as the essay so yes there is a chance of it being in question form this time. hmm what about the Darwin essay... i think it has a chance of being in the essay this time also. i would love gas exchange in plants with stomata mechanisms.. and maybe the stucture of the gut. parasites always seem to come up also!

I love parasite questions there so easy and always the same! Yes I hope so they didnt come up (The 4 mark about how they open at least) I really hope that doesnt come up hahah. Yeah the Darwin one is alright, wouldnt mind an essay on carnivores and herbivores. Or how food gets digested and absorbed.
Reply 7
I love parasite questions there so easy and always the same! Yes I hope so they didnt come up (The 4 mark about how they open at least) I really hope that doesnt come up hahah. Yeah the Darwin one is alright, wouldnt mind an essay on carnivores and herbivores. Or how food gets digested and absorbed.

suuuuch alot to remember!!!
suuuuch alot to remember!!!

God yes... Anyway i'd say 80% are people who aren't very prepared and just spent all their time revising all other exams so hopefully grade boundaries will be a lot lower.
any ideas on what the essay questions could be? Literally only just started on revising this re sit because of all the other exams
The thing is they have so many flipin topics to chose from the only one that you can guarantee to come up is something about blood or the heart. Defiantly something on everything really it's so hard to guess.
The thing is they have so many flipin topics to chose from the only one that you can guarantee to come up is something about blood or the heart. Defiantly something on everything really it's so hard to guess.

dreading this tomorrow I can't see me having enough knowledge to answer the big questions! there's almost no point resitting seeing as i doubt there'll be any improvement on the last result
How did you all find it?
Reply 13
How did you all find it?

question 2 was so hard! it put me in a negative mood throughout :frown: how about you?
question 2 was so hard! it put me in a negative mood throughout :frown: how about you?

Yes I found that very difficult I'm hoping I got most of it right but I dont know... what did you think of the rest?
the question related to stomata's I found quite difficult as I saw myself repeating myself quite a lot
Original post by Njon95
the question related to stomata's I found quite difficult as I saw myself repeating myself quite a lot

Yes I agree, and although I had some rough idea I was not 100% what I would get marks for and what I wouldnt. I like the questions on the parasite. What did you guys think of the Essays and the gills?
Yes I agree, and although I had some rough idea I was not 100% what I would get marks for and what I wouldnt. I like the questions on the parasite. What did you guys think of the Essays and the gills?

I found it interesting how they connected the similarities between the gills and the gut wall. Although I did find it difficult to think of a fourth similarity so I gave three strong reasons and a weak one
Original post by Njon95
I found it interesting how they connected the similarities between the gills and the gut wall. Although I did find it difficult to think of a fourth similarity so I gave three strong reasons and a weak one

Yeah it was quite well done im 95% sure the 4 reasons where:
1. Large surface area
2. permeable
3. Short diffusion pathway
4. Good supply of blood

Which essay did you chose, they where both ermmm not the easiest. I defiantly thought this was one of the harder papers hopefully grade boundaries will be a lot lower.

(If I spelled any terms wrong sorry!)
Yeah it was quite well done im 95% sure the 4 reasons where:
1. Large surface area
2. permeable
3. Short diffusion pathway
4. Good supply of blood

Which essay did you chose, they where both ermmm not the easiest. I defiantly thought this was one of the harder papers hopefully grade boundaries will be a lot lower.

(If I spelled any terms wrong sorry!)

I did the ones on the plants. I agree neither were an easier choice and I they essays were defiantly meant to make us think instead of regurgatate a previously learnt essay mark scheme. I defiantly didn't do as well as I usually do on the essays. Which ond did you do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending