The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophbrook
I sent my UCAS off start of December and I still haven't heard from BGU in Lincoln. Has anyone had an offer of an interview/place there?

I had my interview there on 12th Dec and have got an offer-have you not heard back from them at all yet? try giving them a ring to see if you can ask about the status of your application. A few people have been saying they have interviews there recently though so fingers crossed for you
Reply 4661
Does anyone know whether we can write anything on our white board (just before we click start on the numeracy test)? For example a timestable or common percentage/fraction/decimals conversions on the corner or is that considered cheating?
Original post by sandyN91
Does anyone know whether we can write anything on our white board (just before we click start on the numeracy test)? For example a timestable or common percentage/fraction/decimals conversions on the corner or is that considered cheating?

You are not permitted to write anything before the practice question
Had an email from Exeter today saying that they would like to invite me for interview on the 22nd but that before they interview me on the 22nd they want me to gain more school experience by the 20th... being that the 20th is Monday that means I need to have done this by the weekend... does anybody else think this is a bit unreasonable?
Original post by MusicGirlKH
Just got an email with a conditional offer from Warwick University for a Primary PGCE!! :smile: I can relax a bit more when I have my last interview this Wednesday now! Anyone else got an offer from them yet?

I have an interview there Wednesday! It's my last one so hoping it'll be okay :P I've gone for the PGCE primary with maths x
I had an interview at Bradford for Primary PGCE (General) last Tuesday. Just wondered if anyone else had heard back? x
Original post by Frances_Parry
I had my interview there on 12th Dec and have got an offer-have you not heard back from them at all yet? try giving them a ring to see if you can ask about the status of your application. A few people have been saying they have interviews there recently though so fingers crossed for you

I spoke too soon - received an interview offer an hour after I posted on here! Hopefully I'll be seeing you in September then :biggrin:
Original post by AbstractAlex
I have an interview there Wednesday! It's my last one so hoping it'll be okay :P I've gone for the PGCE primary with maths x

Good luck with your interview, I hope it goes well! :smile: They are all really friendly the interview! I also went for the Primary with maths
Reply 4668
Original post by Misteryom
You are not permitted to write anything before the practice question

Can u jot some things down during the practice question then?
Just had interview at Sunderland for secondary English.

It was fun but tough and think others managed the pressure better but we shall see!

It turned out twice as long as the two hours they suggested I be prepared for mind!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4670
Original post by MusicGirlKH
Just got an email with a conditional offer from Warwick University for a Primary PGCE!! :smile: I can relax a bit more when I have my last interview this Wednesday now! Anyone else got an offer from them yet?

Congratulations! I have my interview next week - was just wondering what you thought of the process?! Not asking for specifics obv. How did you find the group discussion etc?

I'm going for primary with science!
Original post by Misteryom
Had an email from Exeter today saying that they would like to invite me for interview on the 22nd but that before they interview me on the 22nd they want me to gain more school experience by the 20th... being that the 20th is Monday that means I need to have done this by the weekend... does anybody else think this is a bit unreasonable?

Yes that does sound rather unreasonable. Unless you're already volunteering at a school and can fit in some more sessions this week then I don't see how they expect you to get this experience? Also, if you're in full-time education or employment then how are you supposed to fit it in? Do you have any contacts in schools that you could call this week?
Reply 4672
Has anyone had an interview at BCU and heard back from them yet? My husband had an interview there last Weds but track still doesn't even say interview, let alone the outcome
Did anyone else have an interview for The University of Manchester: Primary on Friday?
Reply 4674
Is there a list anywhere of the schools that take part in the pcge for each Uni? (Hope that makes sense!)

EDIT : in case anyone else wondered about this, the schools direct/scitt places list their schools which is handy :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4675
Original post by ST10
Is there a list anywhere of the schools that take part in the pcge for each Uni? (Hope that makes sense!)

That information would come from the uni itself and is unlikely to be available at this point. Things change in schools quite a lot - people go on unexpected maternity leave, get new jobs, become sick etc. Plus OfSTED visits and changes the school's rating! And they may need to hire NQTs which they need to support when they expected more experienced teachers.

So with all that, all placements have to be confirmed very close to the start date. Of course the uni will have some schools which they work with a lot and have good links with, but they can never be sure if they will take students this year so I think they'd be unlikely to provide a list.

xxx
Reply 4676
Original post by kpwxx
That information would come from the uni itself and is unlikely to be available at this point. Things change in schools quite a lot - people go on unexpected maternity leave, get new jobs, become sick etc. Plus OfSTED visits and changes the school's rating! And they may need to hire NQTs which they need to support when they expected more experienced teachers.

So with all that, all placements have to be confirmed very close to the start date. Of course the uni will have some schools which they work with a lot and have good links with, but they can never be sure if they will take students this year so I think they'd be unlikely to provide a list.

xxx

Ah okay thank you. I can understand why they wouldn't release a list, but a catchment area type map would be handy!
Original post by sophbrook
I sent my UCAS off start of December and I still haven't heard from BGU in Lincoln. Has anyone had an offer of an interview/place there?

I applied at the end of November, beginning of December and it took them ages to get back to me so I wouldn't worry! 😀
anyone for London Met?? :smile:
Reply 4679
Original post by ST10
Ah okay thank you. I can understand why they wouldn't release a list, but a catchment area type map would be handy!

They'd probably let you know the areas that most of their schools usually fall into if you asked.

I know when I filled in the pre-start paperwork in the summer before I started I had to select some preferred postcode areas from a map but it was pretty much just a map of the county that my uni is in lol.

xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending