The Student Room Group

Does AAA fall into a*aa-a*aab

Does AAA fall into A*AA-A*AB?

If you put one of module grades down does that mean you can't retake it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure if it does or not, you'd have to check with the uni, does it specify which subject the A* needs to be in?

You can put in module grades then put the module again as pending to show you're resitting.
Original post by Splenge007

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends what you mean by 'fall into'. If you get offers of A*AA or A*AB and achieve AAA you have failed to meet them. While some universities might accept AAA as equivalent to A*AB, others might not.
Reply 3
Original post by x__justmyluck
I'm not sure if it does or not, you'd have to check with the uni, does it specify which subject the A* needs to be in?

You can put in module grades then put the module again as pending to show you're resitting.

Doesn't say they want a specific grade for a specific grade.

For one of my modules I put the grade down instead of pending. I'm just wondering if it would be a bad idea to resit that.

Original post by ageshallnot
It depends what you mean by 'fall into'. If you get offers of A*AA or A*AB and achieve AAA you have failed to meet them. While some universities might accept AAA as equivalent to A*AB, others might not.

I'm predicted 3A's and one of the unis I'm applying to has those grades as their requiement in their website. Was meant to be predicted A* dor one of my subjects but that got changed last minute.
Is it best to ask the uni if they'll consider my application with 3A's as my predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm predicted 3A's and one of the unis I'm applying to has those grades as their requiement in their website. Was meant to be predicted A* dor one of my subjects but that got changed last minute.
Is it best to ask the uni if they'll consider my application with 3A's as my predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Assuming you apply by the 15th, universities MUST 'consider' your application. With predictions of AAA you are fairly likely to receive an offer (given a decent reference/PS), but if a uni quotes A*AA/A*AB then the lower is often a 'contextual' offer for applicants from poor schools etc. That is not necessarily always the case, however, so the reasonable thing to do is apply, but to recognise that any offer could well be at A*AA and plan your other choices accordingly.
Reply 5
Original post by ageshallnot
Assuming you apply by the 15th, universities MUST 'consider' your application. With predictions of AAA you are fairly likely to receive an offer (given a decent reference/PS), but if a uni quotes A*AA/A*AB then the lower is often a 'contextual' offer for applicants from poor schools etc. That is not necessarily always the case, however, so the reasonable thing to do is apply, but to recognise that any offer could well be at A*AA and plan your other choices accordingly.

Oh lol :tongue: I meant if they'll bother looking at my application because AAA might be lower than their requirement. My application is sent off :smile:

Other choices want aaa , aab and BBB. Sound good?

My college is one of those that can get contextual offers.

I think ill ring up the uni to find out their contextual offer for my couse. Last I checked it was aab but that was a Hard copy

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Oh lol :tongue: I meant if they'll bother looking at my application because AAA might be lower than their, as mentioned. My application is sent off :smile:

Other choices wanted aaa , aab and BBB. Sound good?

My college is one of those that can get contextual offers.

I think ill ring up the uni to find out their contextual offer for my couse. Last I checked it was aab but that was a Hard copy

Posted from TSR Mobile

All sounds good, stop worrying...!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, AAA does not fall into A*AA-A*AB. Whilst it is worth the same number of UCAS points as A*AB, you will still have technically failed to meet the entrance requirements and university is fully within their rights to reject you on that basis (and indeed probably would).

Quick Reply

Latest