The Student Room Group

can I change my UCAS course for one of my universities

Hi guys, I have received an offer from university of Manchester today for science with foundation year (I planned to go for physics entry hence the foundation year)

BUT I have changed my mind and want to go for bsc chemistry (and I can go for direct entry for it).

Do you think I would be able to change even though my personal statement is for physics? The typical offer is the same as the offer I have now (ABB)

I know only the uni can tell me for 100% but I just wanted to know if anyone on here has done/know someone that has done this

thanks
Original post by madmadmax321
Hi guys, I have received an offer from university of Manchester today for science with foundation year (I planned to go for physics entry hence the foundation year)

BUT I have changed my mind and want to go for bsc chemistry (and I can go for direct entry for it).

Do you think I would be able to change even though my personal statement is for physics? The typical offer is the same as the offer I have now (ABB)

I know only the uni can tell me for 100% but I just wanted to know if anyone on here has done/know someone that has done this

thanks
Call them up and ask if they will let you change. As you say, only they can tell you.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Call them up and ask if they will let you change. As you say, only they can tell you.

Thanks for the reply!

Do you think I should mention my work experience in chemistry (It was an organic research lab and organic chemistry is my main interest) and why I have changed my mind about what I want to do?
Thanks for the reply!

Do you think I should mention my work experience in chemistry (It was an organic research lab and organic chemistry is my main interest) and why I have changed my mind about what I want to do?

That depends on what they ask you and who you are talking to. If it's merely an admin person, there's no point. If they will allow you to submit a supplementary ps, then that's the place to do it.
Thanks for the reply!

You can ask if they want a new PS but if you have the right grades and subjects the PS is less important.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
That depends on what they ask you and who you are talking to. If it's merely an admin person, there's no point. If they will allow you to submit a supplementary ps, then that's the place to do it.

Just one last question, do I ring the chemistry admissions (the one I want to go to) or the foundation program admissions (one that made me an offer)?

I'd give you a rate but it says I have rated you too recently
Just one last question, do I ring the chemistry admissions (the one I want to go to) or the foundation program admissions (one that made me an offer)?

How very sweet of you. :smile: I don't think it makes much difference which one you start with, tbh. Maybe start with chemistry to see if they agree in principle? I think whichever you start with will refer you to the other if it's wrong to start with them.

Such a shame, she desperately needs (yet) another green gem!!! :smile:
Original post by ageshallnot
Such a shame, she desperately needs (yet) another green gem!!! :smile:

:K::cry2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending