The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1800
Original post by Tee Logan x
The end of January is only like two weeks away, it'll go fast :smile: you'll get your interview invite before you know it so dw :biggrin:

Ahhhh I hope soo!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1801
The end of January is only like two weeks away, it'll go fast :smile: you'll get your interview invite before you know it so dw :biggrin:

Original post by Rosine
Well..thank you for posting :smile:

That's just great though isn't it? As if it wasn't bad enough waiting this long ..and now until the end of January :tongue:

Aye, end of January is not far off and to be honest judging from those who have heard and those who haven't, it seems pretty random, besides it gives you more time to revise if you haven't already. :wink: I really hope they're done with rejections now but from last years thread, there's a small possibility of it at this stage so never say never :redface: Positive thinking though first, hope we all at least get to the interview!
(edited 10 years ago)
Pretty sure it is random guys. I was worried about not getting an early interview at Kings despite having a high UKCAT score and GCSEs. Like many people now, I thought they must hate my PS:colondollar: But it seems to be random, as I have an interview now and many people who were worried also have interviews. Relax :-)
Reply 1803
Original post by PG593
Aye, end of January is not far off and to be honest judging from those who have heard and those who haven't, it seems pretty random, besides it gives you more time to revise if you haven't already. :wink: I really hope they're done with rejections now but from last years thread, there's a small possibility of it at this stage so never say never :redface: Positive thinking though first, hope we all at least get to the interview!

I know ..it seems pretty random to me too! So you're right let's prepare as much as we possibly can and hope for the best! :tongue:
Wouldn't it be great though...If most rejections were done?! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PG593

Hello you! How have you been? I really do hope they've finished with rejections too :/ i don't think i told you, but i got an interview from Kings for this Wednesday :biggrin: nervous :|
Reply 1805
Hello you! How have you been? I really do hope they've finished with rejections too :/ i don't think i told you, but i got an interview from Kings for this Wednesday :biggrin: nervous :|

Hey hun, how've you been doing? I'm anxious but excited, just came back from this intense MMI course...so ready to give it everything at Aberdeen next week :tongue: Wowwie, best of luck for Wednesday, I knew you were going to get one! Hopefully the same will follow suite shortly on here :wink: Go in and smash it!!! (Let me know how it goes) :colone:
Reply 1806

Good luck youu!! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rosine
Good luck youu!! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! :smile:
Original post by PG593
Hey hun, how've you been doing? I'm anxious but excited, just came back from this intense MMI course...so ready to give it everything at Aberdeen next week :tongue: Wowwie, best of luck for Wednesday, I knew you were going to get one! Hopefully the same will follow suite shortly on here :wink: Go in and smash it!!! (Let me know how it goes) :colone:

I've been doing alright thanks :smile: just doing some prep, oooooh that's great. You sound positive and confident which is always a good thing and thank you so much! I'm touched by how much confidence you have in me :tongue: haha yes hopefully we do hear soon from Barts and of course, i'll let you know how it goes :wink: good luck for Aberdeen if i don't talk to you by then :biggrin:
First year student here at Barts. Had my interview almost a year ago! 0_0 Last interview is on the 26th of Feb btw so don't panic people. The way they hand out interviews and offers is so random. If anyone needs any interview help or any other questions about the course feel free to send me a PM!
Original post by mariomario1
First year student here at Barts. Had my interview almost a year ago! 0_0 Last interview is on the 26th of Feb btw so don't panic people. The way they hand out interviews and offers is so random. If anyone needs any interview help or any other questions about the course feel free to send me a PM!

How are you finding Barts? Also, what's it like as a student in London?

Cheers :smile:
Original post by GCSE-help
How are you finding Barts? Also, what's it like as a student in London?

Cheers :smile:

Barts is great! Love the friendly atmosphere it has and how the course is structured. Being a student in London was slightly daunting at first, coming from a relatively rural town but you soon get used to it. It can be overwhelming living in a big city but there's everything you'd ever need right round the corner! Especially if you stay at Barbican during your first year it's such a great area to be in.
Original post by PG593
Clinging on :confused:, if you can't get to interview as a school leaver with those stats, who bloody can? :tongue:

he did not have a total score of 1310 (which apparently is the cutoff)

he had 830+460=1290
Original post by mariomario1

what was your interview experience like? Did personal statement play a large part of the discussion? Also, what is PBL really like? Anything you don't like about Barts?
Reply 1814
Original post by ocelot92
he did not have a total score of 1310 (which apparently is the cutoff)

he had 830+460=1290

Well apparently not as he's now got an interview :smile: I don't think you add the two scores together anyway, Barts use an algorithm to calculate, so no one really knows.
Yeah mines 1280 and I have one :smile:
Reply 1816
Original post by raveen789
Yeah mines 1280 and I have one :smile:

:O my friend who has 1275 got rejected!!!
Original post by medic321
:O my friend who has 1275 got rejected!!!

It might not be a combo thing though!
Reply 1818
I've got higher UCAS/UKCAT combos than those who have got interviews and I got rejected. I'm international though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1819
Original post by franngu
I've got higher UCAS/UKCAT combos than those who have got interviews and I got rejected. I'm international though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i still haven't heard and my total is 1450!! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending