The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2220
Original post by Rosine
I kowww rightt!!..especially knowing that people interviewed after me have offers! :rolleyes:

Aha, I know what you mean, so desperate for an offer!! Is Kings your first choice?!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2221
Original post by Mehroze1
Aha, I know what you mean, so desperate for an offer!! Is Kings your first choice?!

I don't really have a first choice(debate between Bart's and Kings) but it would be great to get an offer !! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2222
Original post by adam_dewji
I was wondering this too! Have you got an interview coming up?

Tomorrow haha, yourself?
Original post by BAZ1NGA
Tomorrow haha, yourself?

Wait for it ........ BAZINGA !!!
Sheldon likes to play bongos lolz !! Good to see u back !
Lolz yea tomorrow is another day .........

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rosine
Yeah.. I've started worrying because my friend with an interview on the same day ... Got an offer :|
The panic has literally struck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh well i still think there are quite a lot of applicants even before the 18th still waiting so you never know what might happen, atleast we haven't't been rejected yet! Also do you think they look back at UKCAT after interviews?
Reply 2225
Original post by Sporthello
Oh well i still think there are quite a lot of applicants even before the 18th still waiting so you never know what might happen, atleast we haven't't been rejected yet! Also do you think they look back at UKCAT after interviews?

I doubt they look at anything after the interview to be honest .. You're right though - positive thoughts!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2226
I have an interview at kings on Thursday and just wanted to know the set up. Where do we wait before we're interviewed, how many students are likely to be there? When do we get our ethical scenario/questionnaire? Who gives us the preliminary tasks to do?

Someone said they were given a clipboard to write their answers on, don't they have any proper facilities like desks?
Reply 2227
Original post by BAZ1NGA
Anybody had an interview today and able to shed some light on whether it's a questionnaire or essay? :smile:

I would like to know this too! Anyone?
Reply 2228
Hi, is the interview panel? If so, does anyone know how many people and who the panel consists of? Thank you in advance! :biggrin:
Original post by BAZ1NGA
Tomorrow haha, yourself?

Yeah me too haha what time?
Original post by adam_dewji
Yeah me too haha what time?

Good luck both of you tomorrow! Could you please clear up the questionnaire/essay doubts afterwards? Thanks :smile:
Reply 2231
Original post by Mehroze1
Aha I can't stand this wait!! When did you have your interview?! If I remember correctly, don't you have an interview at Sheffield coming up as well!!

It was 10.20am on 12th. You? How did you think it went?

Yes, I do! I'm pleased I've got another interview, but King's is my first choice.

I rung them today (after one of my teacher's convinced me I have nothing to lose) and they basically said that it's normal to wait and I'll probably hear soon. So, the wait continues... :/
*Anyone who had their interview today*

What's the format?!

Questionnaire or essay or both?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2233
Hi I have my interview next Friday, just wondering if anyone knows how long you're there? Is it just the interview then we leave or do we get a tour?
Original post by lydiab3
Hi I have my interview next Friday, just wondering if anyone knows how long you're there? Is it just the interview then we leave or do we get a tour?

Interview for 40 mins (including essay and ethical scenario prep), then you leave
When was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2236
Original post by Rosine
I don't really have a first choice(debate between Bart's and Kings) but it would be great to get an offer !! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah nice, well i hope you manage to land some offers, best of luck, and try not to stress too much over this wait til we hear from kings haha (easier said than done!!)
Reply 2237
Original post by hopefulgrad14
You are speaking absolute nonsense. There is no way a university will take an interview day for just a specific ethnic race. For starters, they're not even given that information by UCAS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol just passing on something I heard from a well known, famous surgeon who is very knowledgeable in the subject of selection processes due to the fact that he is part of one himself. The whole point of doing interviews in this way is to be fair in terms of ethnicity and gender equality because there is a large and very clear majority of Asian girls getting places. But it's up to you if you want to believe it. :smile:
Reply 2238
Original post by DonGreeky
Unless they are international? It seems far fetched but at the same time I don't see any reason for vee_19 to lie?? The mysterious ways of medical school selection processes eh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol exactly what would I have to gain? Just thought I'd pass on something I've heard because you have to be so selective in your options. It's fierce competition.
Reply 2239
Original post by emmmalou
It was 10.20am on 12th. You? How did you think it went?

Yes, I do! I'm pleased I've got another interview, but King's is my first choice.

I rung them today (after one of my teacher's convinced me I have nothing to lose) and they basically said that it's normal to wait and I'll probably hear soon. So, the wait continues... :/

had mine on 11.20 in the morning! I have really no clue tbh, thought some bits were decent but other questions i just seemed to babble on about nothing in particular haha!! Yeah its been over a month now since we had our interviews hah, just wanna hear from them!! How did you feel yours went??

Quick Reply

Latest