The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by annieyellow
Does anyone know when the next batch of interview dates are?

Congrats to those with offers!

27th-30th Jan (I think most of these have been handed out if not all?)

and then 18th and 19th Feb :smile:
Reply 1741
is there any news on whether the ukcat sit is being used as a "ninth station'
I don't think they will give post-interview rejections until March. Due to the format of the interview, I doubt whether there will be a wide/significant enough difference in performance to be able to justify rejecting some people. I mean, no one will have done THAT much worse.

I could be completely wrong and wouldn't be surprised to receive a rejection tomorrow morning :colondollar:
Original post by GCSE-help
I don't think they will give post-interview rejections until March. Due to the format of the interview, I doubt whether there will be a wide/significant enough difference in performance to be able to justify rejecting some people. I mean, no one will have done THAT much worse.

I could be completely wrong and wouldn't be surprised to receive a rejection tomorrow morning :colondollar:

Well, my thinking was that theyve already interviewed well over the 350 offers they can make, so all those who are already out of offer range can surely be rejected?
Reply 1744
Original post by Priya_Biju
Nope, havnt heard anything yet :dong: Still holding onto HOPE! :tongue:
Hope ur interview goes well. Got/had any other interviews yet?

dw, there's still a lot of time left so keep your head up :smile: and thanks, i hope so too! yeah i have actually, got cardiff this thursday but that's it so far, still waiting to hear from imperial and king's (really really want imperial). What about you?
anyone heard back who was interviewed on the 16th december? think i'm going out of my mind with worry :s
if 13th december interviewees have received offers today does that mean people who were interviewed then but have no offer will not hear anything for a while? I'm not suprised at all that I havent received an early offer, was just wondering
on behalf of a friend who doesn't have TSR, did anyone who was interviewed on 11th december receive an offer today?
so people interviewed on 11th heard back on Friday and people interviewed on 13th heard today what happened to those interviewed on the 12th???
Original post by Sushi123
so people interviewed on 11th heard back on Friday and people interviewed on 13th heard today what happened to those interviewed on the 12th???

Well, our sample of people with offers has come to a grand total of 3...so it is entirely plausible that the best people on the 12th have also been given offers, they just dont post on here :smile:

Very few people (we're talking maybe 20-25 I reckon) have got an offer so far, so I wouldn't be surprised if we dont hear from all but a very small number of people about offers!
Reply 1750
My son who was interviewed on 13th received his offers today..he is very happy though he has also received offers from KCL and Oxford...
Original post by medicfan
My son who was interviewed on 13th received his offers today..he is very happy though he has also received offers from KCL and Oxford...

Wow, 3 offers by mid January is an incredible feat (hats off for Oxford!)

Is he gonna put Leicester as one of his options? If not, maybe he could decline the place :tongue: I WANT AN OFFER AFTER ALL :wink:
Original post by srahman
are you meant to answer as many questions as they have or is it ok to expand your answers meaning that you will only answer a few questions????

You know Leicester is MMI right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adersh96
dw, there's still a lot of time left so keep your head up :smile: and thanks, i hope so too! yeah i have actually, got cardiff this thursday but that's it so far, still waiting to hear from imperial and king's (really really want imperial). What about you?

I guess so :/
That's great news, do u feel prepared for thursday? How are you preparing/ I feel like I am not prepared at all! I am waiting to hear from Kings, Leicester, Notts and Sheffield! Got offer from UCL but thats my fifth choice.
I really cant wait till I hear from at least one or two of my unis! The wait is very scary.
Anywho,
Good luck for ur interview! Let us know how it went.
Original post by hl7495
is there any news on whether the ukcat sit is being used as a "ninth station'

No it is not used
Reply 1755
Any internationals gotten offers yet?
Reply 1756
Original post by medic77
Any internationals gotten offers yet?

Not yet! Any one know any internationals got any offers? I did my interview on 17th dec.
Original post by Dr. Django
Wow, 3 offers by mid January is an incredible feat (hats off for Oxford!)

Is he gonna put Leicester as one of his options? If not, maybe he could decline the place :tongue: I WANT AN OFFER AFTER ALL :wink:

Haha I feel the same!! Well done to your son !!
any more offers given out today?
Reply 1759
I know you can't really be specific about anything but wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how/ what to prepare for the interview? Mines on the 30th jan and I'm going out of my mind about what you all refer to as 'that station!'. Would really appreciate some help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending