The Student Room Group

Who do you think should win the Balon D'or this year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
Lol at the award still having credibility. Lost all that when it was conveniently extended and Messi was up for it instead of Lahm.

Love it when this guy pretends he knows how a players performed you watched Lahm 5 times max in 2013 good one
Original post by baconbutty
Love it when this guy pretends he knows how a players performed you watched Lahm 5 times max in 2013 good one

Sorry who the **** are you? I've actually watched Bayern more than I have Barcelona.

Love it when morons make assumptions.
Sorry who the **** are you? I've actually watched Bayern more than I have Barcelona.

Love it when morons make assumptions.

I got it the wrong way round then you obviously don't know how good messi is cus you don't watch the team you support......terrible fan

Lahm is a bag of potatoes stop ruining the forum with your hipster opinions
I got it the wrong way round then you obviously don't know how good messi is cus you don't watch the team you support......terrible fan

Lahm is a bag of potatoes stop ruining the forum with your hipster opinions

Umm where did I say Messi is crap? All I've said is Messi shouldn't be up there. He's been injured for so much of the season. If Michael Jordan missed a third of the season does he still deserve to be MVP even though we all know he's the best player?
Original post by bammy jastard 27
It's pathetic that an individual award gets votes due to the success of their team, especially when he was one of many good players, not an outstanding player. That's all.

As Lineker said on Twitter, "It's for the best player, not the best team's best player."
Umm where did I say Messi is crap? All I've said is Messi shouldn't be up there. He's been injured for so much of the season. If Michael Jordan missed a third of the season does he still deserve to be MVP even though we all know he's the best player?

Messi was clearly in the Top 3, you're chatting crap tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CB91
Messi was clearly in the Top 3, you're chatting crap tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Disagree. :lol:

Me n you are gonna have a serious Fallin out
Me n you are gonna have a serious Fallin out

Oh really please tell me more.
Reply 269
The trophy is for the individual and not for the team. So according to the stats (goals/games) - Ronaldo clearly deserved it, with Messi second and Ribery third.
Reply 270
Original post by manchesterunited15
As Lineker said on Twitter, "It's for the best player, not the best team's best player."
He's probably not even their best player which smacks it. Also voting system is a joke tbh.What Messi did when he was actually fit was more than everyone else bar ronaldo. Simple as. No argument. We can be hipsters, vote for a guy who scored less goals last season in the french ****ing league than he did in Serie A ffs, vote for a guy who did better than ibra(cavani) but clearly didn't get a mention because he played on the wing for Uruguay and isn't as effective there.Personally, I'd vote for Daniel Sturridge. Who has a better goal to game ratio than the ultimate hipster choice Lewandowski, who also got beat in league goals by Kiessling despite playing in a much ****ter team. :yy:Anyway, it's going to say a lot when the top 3 are Luis Suarez, Messi and Ronaldo anyway and Ribery is nowhere near the conversation when Bayern don't win CL this year.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 271
Bd5DIf0CcAAYjMk.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 272
Original post by Mackay
Bd5DIf0CcAAYjMk.jpg

Scoring goals in Spain really isn't comparable to scoring them in a proper league.
Reply 274
Original post by Llamageddon
Scoring goals in Spain really isn't comparable to scoring them in a proper league.

Yeah, Messi and CR would do **** against the mighty tactical fortresses that are the defensive set ups in the EPL. So little space...
Original post by qua
Yeah, Messi and CR would do **** against the mighty tactical fortresses that are the defensive set ups in the EPL. So little space...
Obviously they wouldn't do badly. Ronaldo didn't at United. Clubs like Elche and Almeria would barely scrape through the championship though.
Original post by Llamageddon

A proper league that can't even go far in the champions league? A proper league that had no players in the world XI? Good one... Remind me how great West Ham and the like are..
Original post by Jordooooom
A proper league that can't even go far in the champions league? A proper league that had no players in the world XI? Good one... Remind me how great West Ham and the like are..
Name another league that has had champions league winners fail to qualify through their respective domestic competition in the last ten years? EPL did it twice, and have also had four teams in the semi-final. Last season no teams represented in the semis. If that happened to France, Italy or even Germany it would not have raised eyebrows. The only reason it would shock with Spain is because Barca/ Real are so strong.

The EPL is strong at the top and can field multiple CL contenders but its real strength is in the depth of the league. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised to see West Ham do well in la liga.
Reply 278
Original post by Mackay
Bd5DIf0CcAAYjMk.jpg

Lol two of the funniest posts I've seen on TSR :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
Lol two of the funniest posts I've seen on TSR :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seconded!! :rofl:

Congrats Ronaldo, fully deserved it but with Messi injured for quite a while, I wonder if the result would have been different :K:

Quick Reply

Latest