The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2880
Original post by RamocitoMorales
We don't start any words with ğ either. But for ı, I can think of 'Ilık', off the top of my head.

it will be ilıq in azeri =)
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
Usually, yes :sexface:

Pity most are chavs :sigh:

So true :frown:
Original post by bluebubblegum

Turkish boy right here, not a chav... :sexface:

Spoiler

Reply 2883
Turkish boy right here, not a chav... :sexface:

Spoiler

pics!
Original post by lNurl
pics!

If I must...

Spoiler

Reply 2885
If I must...

Spoiler

Soo intriguing, I actually new this would happen :smile:
Reply 2886

Little to no one here care that Galatasaray have been drawn with Chelsea, and Trabzonspor with Juventus; the corruption scandal that is going on in Turkey's parliament; Turkey's involvement in Syria; its inclusion in MINT; nor share experiences of trips to Turkey; the history of the Ottoman Empire, Great Seljuk Empire, the Gokturk Empire; the linguistics of Turkish and its connections with the other Turkic and Altaic languages;....

...No, it's kebap. It's only ever about kebap! :cry:

You can go on. I'd like to listen to you.

Original post by lNurl
Guys, quick question, but be honest please, If non Turk (but Turkish speaking) heard you speaking Turkish and came up to you and said hi, what would you think?? I saw few Turks around the uni, I really wanted to go to them, say hi, but then they might think differently and I end up embarrassing myself. There is no Turkish society in my uni btw :frown:

I'd love it. It is an amazing thing to meet someone who is not from Turkey and speaks Turkish, even if you are from a turkic country. So, try it.
(edited 10 years ago)
If I must...

Spoiler

You should of uploaded a pic of your hand holding a flare :rofl:

Also I note that most men from Turkey have an obsession with getting with a blonde blue eyed chick. No wonder loads of women in Turkey dye their hair blonde.
If I must...

Spoiler

Wow, i'm sure you have no trouble with the ladies :sexface:
Original post by hollywoodbudgie

Also I note that most men from Turkey have an obsession with getting with a blonde blue eyed chick. No wonder loads of women in Turkey dye their hair blonde.

Yes i think so too. Not sure why though(brunettes are hotter :colone: ), i guess it's exotic for them. I always thought it was just that they liked European chicks because they're "easy" (some tourists, anyway).

I don't think blonde hair looks good on the majority Turkish women, especially those who are tanned and have dark eyebrows and eye colour.
Reply 2890
Yes i think so too. Not sure why though(brunettes are hotter :colone: ), i guess it's exotic for them. I always thought it was just that they liked European chicks because they're "easy" (some tourists, anyway).

I don't think blonde hair looks good on the majority Turkish women, especially those who are tanned and have dark eyebrows and eye colour.

My dad says, men like eastern European girls not because they are "easy" but because in comparison to turkish/azeri (culturally they are somewhat same) they show more love and passion not just respect.
Original post by lNurl
My dad says, men like eastern European girls not because they are "easy" but because in comparison to turkish/azeri (culturally they are somewhat same) they show more love and passion not just respect.

When you say show more love and passion, do you mean they're easier/better to bed? I don't know, they like to go on holiday to Turkey quite a lot and i have seen how they behave on their nights out, and thats one of the reasons i think they're liked.
Reply 2892
When you say show more love and passion, do you mean they're easier/better to bed? I don't know, they like to go on holiday to Turkey quite a lot and i have seen how they behave on their nights out, and thats one of the reasons i think they're liked.

I did not ask that bit from my dad, I suppose in general. but you know, most men in our part of the world have double standards, "I can, you cant". They want "pure" and "innocent" wife for their children, but at the same time someone confident, attractive and interesting. I am not saying all of them like that,maybe I am mistaking, but I guess it's pressure from society which dictates who men should marry who he should date and have fun with.
Original post by lNurl
Soo intriguing, I actually new this would happen :smile:

Are you calling me predictable? :eyebrow:

bluebubblegum
Wow, i'm sure you have no trouble with the ladies

You know me, I've got it all. Good looks and women love it when I tell them I'm leader of the Turkish society on TSR. :smug:

hollywoodbudgie

I don't find blonde women attractive, at all.

There's actually a 'famous' question in Turkey, among men, that goes: 'Esmermi, sarışınmı?'

bluebubblegum

I'd agree with you, but then I'm not really a fan of blonde hair in general. There are also many naturally blonde women in Turkey (as well as red heads and gingers).

INurl

Sorry, no, I don't think this is true. 'Love and passion' are two qualities that are most certainly not associated with blonde hair. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

I'll side with bluebubblegum on this one with regards to their reputation of being 'easier to bed'.

INurl
I did not ask that bit from my dad, I suppose in general. but you know, most men in our part of the world have double standards, "I can, you cant". They want "pure" and "innocent" wife for their children, but at the same time someone confident, attractive and interesting. I am not saying all of them like that,maybe I am mistaking, but I guess it's pressure from society which dictates who men should marry who he should date and have fun with.

Yes, I'd agree that this is a great tragedy of our society.

I don't know what the women are like in Azerbaijan but Turkish women, in a way, bring it upon themselves. Have you ever tried joking with Turkish women? They appear to have absolutely no sense of humour and are the only 'objects' in the universe to have reached zero kelvin. The very thought of their coldness makes me shiver. Perhaps if they hopped off their high horses there wouldn't be as much desire to meet the more approachable blondes off the boat from Russia. It's a rather peculiar situation as Turkish men are their complete opposites: among the friendliest people you're likely to meet on the face of the Earth.

There's actually a 'famous' question in Turkey, among men, that goes: 'Esmermi, sarışınmı?'

I know, and then when you say 'sarisin' then go :borat:

Most Cypriot guys I know prefer the whole med look so perhaps this is due to the influence of your other side :tongue:

I don't know what the women are like in Azerbaijan but Turkish women, in a way, bring it upon themselves. Have you ever tried joking with Turkish women? They appear to have absolutely no sense of humour and are the only 'objects' in the universe to have reached zero kelvin. The very thought of their coldness makes me shiver. Perhaps if they hopped off their high horses there wouldn't be as much desire to meet the more approachable blondes off the boat from Russia. It's a rather peculiar situation as Turkish men are their complete opposites: among the friendliest people you're likely to meet on the face of the Earth.

If I agrue back on this point, you'll use it as evidence that Turkish women can't take a joke... Well played.

Original post by lNurl

true true, but I speak turkish too, A* from A levels :redface: proud... but when I am nervous I will mix up azerbaijani to turkish :colondollar:

That's amazing! (Better than what I got in Turkish A level :tongue:)
Reply 2895
Are you calling me predictable? :eyebrow:

You know me, I've got it all. Good looks and women love it when I tell them I'm leader of the Turkish society on TSR. :smug:

I'd agree with you, but then I'm not really a fan of blonde hair in general. There are also many naturally blonde women in Turkey (as well as red heads and gingers).

Sorry, no, I don't think this is true. 'Love and passion' are two qualities that are most certainly not associated with blonde hair. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

I'll side with bluebubblegum on this one with regards to their reputation of being 'easier to bed'.

Yes, I'd agree that this is a great tragedy of our society.

I agree with you in the first one, I understood it wrong, I was saying in general why Turkish men prefers Easter European, but topic was about blondes :smile: my bad

Second one, I agree, but let me explain it, in Azerbaijan in general (not everyone ofc) expects girl not even smile to men (might give wrong signals), it's not like girls prefer it that way, it's the society pressure. I don't have great knowledge about Turkish culture, from what I saw in TV/films/drama, it is kinda similar to our culture. Turkish men wouldnt marry to a girl who has close boy friend friends, turkish men wouldnt want her wife to have any boy friend friends, turkish men would prefer a girl who have never dated.

In general, in our societies, girls do want to get married at some point, they want to have family and kids. If men were more open minded about who they want to marry, then I can tell you, Turkish wonmen are very warm, kind hearted people I have met. In the UK I met 4-5 turkish girls, and they all were awesome people, haha that's why I want to be friends with them, and say "hi" when I see them :colondollar:

Why the obsession with "easier to bed"?

No, they are generally more feminine which is why ALOT of men prefer them
Original post by S-man10
No, they are generally more feminine which is why ALOT of men prefer them

I beg your pardon, but are you implying that blonde women are more feminine? :curious:

INurl
Second one, I agree, but let me explain it, in Azerbaijan in general (not everyone ofc) expects girl not even smile to men (might give wrong signals), it's not like girls prefer it that way, it's the society pressure. I don't have great knowledge about Turkish culture, from what I saw in TV/films/drama, it is kinda similar to our culture. Turkish men wouldnt marry to a girl who has close boy friend friends, turkish men wouldnt want her wife to have any boy friend friends, turkish men would prefer a girl who have never dated.

Now I think this would be acceptable if the said woman was married, let's say, but suppose she wasn't. The only way plausible for a Turkish man to attain the kind of girl you have described would be through an arranged marriage (which does happen in Turkey). This is how society functions throughout much of rural Turkey, but even in a cosmopolitan city like Istanbul where arranged marriages are not the norm, this attitude still persists. I can tell you that most Turkish girls do have lots of male friends, but their groups are very cliquey and while the men in these groups remain approachable, the women are not so (and they do not have the excuse of seeking to avoid male interaction). They remain cold to the bone.
I beg your pardon, but are you implying that blonde women are more feminine? :curious:

Nothing to do with that
Original post by S-man10
Nothing to do with that

Then please clear up for me which group it was that you believed to be more feminine?

Quick Reply

Latest