The Student Room Group

I lied about my GCSE MOCK RESULTS.. Would I get caught?

I lied to my family about my mock results, do you think I'd get caught? I'm not going to tell them my real results..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
for mock results its unlikely you'd get caught, unless you get a school report sent home or your parents see your teachers at all in which case it's likely that your mock result would be mentioned, or of course you slip up and are inconsistent with your lies
your real results it depends how your school give them to you, at my school we could collect our results, but then a letter was also sent home with the results, there is always a risk of them seeing that letter, or seeing the results you pick up
probably just best to be honest with them, they'd probably rather know you didnt do as well as you hoped (assuming you didnt otherwise why lie) than find out that you lied to them and you didnt do as well as you had hoped
posting it on the internet probably isn't the best start to keeping it private
Reply 3
Original post by pepeeglesfield
posting it on the internet probably isn't the best start to keeping it private

No one knows who I am.
Original post by Guilty:L
No one knows who I am.

Not even you..?
Reply 5
Original post by racheyroo
for mock results its unlikely you'd get caught, unless you get a school report sent home or your parents see your teachers at all in which case it's likely that your mock result would be mentioned, or of course you slip up and are inconsistent with your lies
your real results it depends how your school give them to you, at my school we could collect our results, but then a letter was also sent home with the results, there is always a risk of them seeing that letter, or seeing the results you pick up
probably just best to be honest with them, they'd probably rather know you didnt do as well as you hoped (assuming you didnt otherwise why lie) than find out that you lied to them and you didnt do as well as you had hoped

My school handed it to me directly.
I must say, I did pass all.. but one. They wanted me to get A's and A*'s..
Reply 6
Original post by pepeeglesfield
Not even you..?

:eek: Who am I again?
Reply 7
:eek: Who am I again?

Guilty. :biggrin:
No one knows who I am.

You are guilty, guilty:L

Posted from TSR Mobile
...and?

They are mocks. If you do fine it the real ones then there isn't a problem.
Reply 10
Original post by EastGuava
Guilty. :biggrin:

:biggrin: Oh yeah! That's right.
Reply 11
Original post by CJG21
...and?

They are mocks. If you do fine it the real ones then there isn't a problem.

Tbh I just want to pass my real ones..I wont mind if I got mostly B's.

Family have high expectations of me. :frown: Of course I want A's, but if I got B's for the real ones, I'd be happy.. dunno if the feeling is mutual with my family.
If you have a parents' evening between now and when you leave, it is bound to come up. I'd suggest facing the music now, instead of in front of your teachers, when your parents suddenly tumble to the fact that you've lied to them and it goes public then.
Reply 13
Original post by Olympiad
You are guilty, guilty:L

Posted from TSR Mobile

You think so? :eek:
Oooh yeah, if you have parents' evening, you're screwed. ^^
Are your parents asian by any chance?
Reply 16
^It's not just Asians who want their kids to do really well
Just tell them the truth, really, it can't be that bad
In my mocks I got D's and E's and for my real exams I was still predicted A's and A*'s - Mocks don't reflect things properly as you're less than half way through a year so clearly there will be things you don't know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chelseafan
Are your parents asian by any chance?

Let me tell you from personal experience that parental freak-outs at parents' evenings are not restricted to any particular racial group.
I think is better they hear it from you rather than someonelse, it will save them the embarrassment...

Quick Reply

Latest