Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Anyone know when we apply for student finance?[. Early Feb'
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 861
Hey, I've firmed Birmingham. I'm just wondering if anyone is going to the AVD on the 19th.
Also, has anyone applied to Sociology and or social policy :smile:
[QUOTE="Niallb27;45969966"]
Anyone know when we apply for student finance?[. Early Feb'

thanks
Original post by danni182
Hey, I've firmed Birmingham. I'm just wondering if anyone is going to the AVD on the 19th.
Also, has anyone applied to Sociology and or social policy :smile:

I am !!! :biggrin: For law though LOL. Are you coming alone or? :smile:
Reply 864
I am !!! :biggrin: For law though LOL. Are you coming alone or? :smile:

My uncle is coming with me but he's probably going to ditch me at the uni and explore the city :smile: what about you?
Original post by evie2014
Ah awesome :smile: Yeah I firmed my unconditional in November, so I'm just trying to get used to idea now that I'm actually going to uni this year! :eek::biggrin: After going to a B'ham open day back in June, I really liked it, which surprised me a bit at first, because it was a lot different to how I thought it would be, in a good way :smile: I looked around a fair few unis (Warwick, Keele, Aston, Loughborough, B'ham), but B'ham was my favourite - the farmer's market was really good for lunch too! Haha :tongue:

Congrats on your unconditional! I've also go one for English Lit :tongue: I was thinking of firming, when you do firm, how long did it take them to change it from a conditional to unconditional?
omg I'm going this June, did you take your parents along? or were people mainly on their own/with friends??
Original post by danni182
My uncle is coming with me but he's probably going to ditch me at the uni and explore the city :smile: what about you?

Hahaa good idea though! Probably get my mum to come with me or a friend :P
Original post by evie2014
Ah awesome :smile: Yeah I firmed my unconditional in November, so I'm just trying to get used to idea now that I'm actually going to uni this year! :eek::biggrin: After going to a B'ham open day back in June, I really liked it, which surprised me a bit at first, because it was a lot different to how I thought it would be, in a good way :smile: I looked around a fair few unis (Warwick, Keele, Aston, Loughborough, B'ham), but B'ham was my favourite - the farmer's market was really good for lunch too! Haha :tongue:

Congratulations on your unconditional!

I was just wondering if your offer shows as unconditional on track now you've firmed? I accepted mine, but it still says I have a conditional offer (but it then does say that I have a unconditional if I firm it before the 7th may- which obviously I've done)

Thank-you!
Reply 869
Original post by Athena_Laleak

I was just wondering if your offer shows as unconditional on track now you've firmed? I accepted mine, but it still says I have a conditional offer (but it then does say that I have a unconditional if I firm it before the 7th may- which obviously I've done)

Thank-you!

It takes at least a week to change, so don't worry... Just be patient :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 870
Hahaa good idea though! Probably get my mum to come with me or a friend :P

that sounds like a good idea! Haha hopefully see you then somewhere :P
Why is it that Birmingham are offering conditionals that are higher that the requirements? I applied for comp sci which is AAB requirements, I'm also predicted these grades but I've received an AAA offer:/ I wanted to firm Birmingham but Im not confident I can get 3 As but I'm very confident I can get AAB/A*AC. Has anyone else got this dilemma!??
Original post by TinasheM96
Why is it that Birmingham are offering conditionals that are higher that the requirements? I applied for comp sci which is AAB requirements, I'm also predicted these grades but I've received an AAA offer:/ I wanted to firm Birmingham but Im not confident I can get 3 As but I'm very confident I can get AAB/A*AC. Has anyone else got this dilemma!??

How long did they take to get back to you? I sent my application for CompSci 5 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything from them.
Reply 873

I wouldn't worry too much.. My friend, who is studying Civil Engineering at Birmingham this year, had and offer of AAB, he ended up with ABC and still got in! If you're only a grade short, you will still have a good chance of getting in

Posted from TSR Mobile
I only just got it today, they took quite long to get back to me as well. Have you been invited to an applicant day?
Original post by stoineagaby
How long did they take to get back to you? I sent my application for CompSci 5 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything from them.

Only just heard from them today, they took quite long with me as well. Have you been invited to an applicant day?
Only just heard from them today, they took quite long with me as well. Have you been invited to an applicant day?

No, nothing at all. Did you attend an interview before they made you an offer?
Original post by stoineagaby
No, nothing at all. Did you attend an interview before they made you an offer?

Nope no interview beforehand, just stay patient I know people who got an offer weeks before I got mine. I'm sure they'll get back to you soon if you meet requirements!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 878
Original post by xkatiemariee
Congrats on your unconditional! I've also go one for English Lit :tongue: I was thinking of firming, when you do firm, how long did it take them to change it from a conditional to unconditional?

Thank you, well done to you too! :smile: haha so we'd probably be in the same lectures then, I assume! Not quite sure how it works for joint honours yet :smile: I firmed nine days after I got my offer, and it took about 9 days to turn to an unconditional on my track, but when I rang the uni they said to leave up to two weeks, then if it still hasn't changed, then contact them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 879
Original post by Athena_Laleak

Thank-you!

Thank you! You too! If it hasn't changed within two weeks, ring up the uni - it took 9 days for me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending