The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arminb
you should expect a decision in March. Don't occupy yourself too much with waiting this might intervene with your studies. I can assure you that there is 0.000001% possibility that you will hear from them in less than at least Feb most likely march.

Yeah thanks for the advice. I think i'll just forget about it for a month and then start stressing! Haha
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by smile:D
Same! I think we're both applying for history as well, best of luck to you :biggrin:

I hate this waiting :angry:

Dam...applied on the 8th of oct for history.

I don't think i'll make it to meeting you all at LSE though! :frown:
Original post by arminb
I really wish you get in gracelich. I think many people will find out Jan. 25. So you're almost there. But it might also be tomorrow. What were you grades?
Did you apply to Oxbridge too?

Yeah... Me too! Haha, 25th Jan is my BIRTHDAY LOL. Grades were AAAE, predicted A*AA, resat Year 12 but have extenuating circumstances (You did too I believe?) No, I didn't apply to oxbridge. A girl in my History class did (only person at my school to apply to Oxford this year, and got rejected).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same! I think we're both applying for history as well, best of luck to you :biggrin:

I hate this waiting :angry:

Yes, we're both applying for History! Good Luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by puella_optima

I applied for History on 9th Oct. I know I'll have a rejection by the end of the month lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha it's funny how we all applied on around the same date. I don't think it'll be my firm if I got an offer, but still I just feel quite messed around by them; it would have been so much simpler to just say you'll hear by march or whatever so we didn't get our hopes up :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)
Haha it's funny how we all applied on around the same date. I don't think it'll be my firm if I got an offer, but still I just feel quite messed around by them; it would have been so much simpler to just say you'll hear by march or whatever so we didn't get our hopes up :lol:

I want LSE for my backup!! They're playing a psychological game with us I feel..making us subconsciously think we need them or something. I REALLY, QUITE RATHER DESPERATELY, want to get an offer from UCL :smile: :london: :london: :london:

Where are you hoping to go? :smile:
Reply 3947
Original post by sonali05
I dont live in the UK-I'm an international student so I can't make it to the open day unfortunately :tongue: yeah I agree about the course, I prefer kings, but yeah LSE has a better prestige and name..
Argh the wait is killing me..
Good luck!

I'm an international student too! It's just that the open day happens to be during our upcoming break, so we decided to fly over. :P

Omg the wait yes....but I'm hoping LSE doesn't reply soon because I feel like a rejection would come before an offer...
Could just be my own paranoia, haha.

You too! :smile:
I want LSE for my backup!! They're playing a psychological game with us I feel..making us subconsciously think we need them or something. I REALLY, QUITE RATHER DESPERATELY, want to get an offer from UCL :smile: :london: :london: :london:

Where are you hoping to go? :smile:

I feel exactly the same - especially as everyone's been saying that the 12 week deadline is the one they keep to the most and mine has passed :s-smilie:. Best of luck from UCL- I'm sure it'll be good news :biggrin:

Cambridge :smile: (provided I get the grades of course :tongue:)
Reply 3949
The 12 weeks deadline for me has already passed for a week.

Still got around one week until my 4+2 xmas weeks ends. HATE this waiting so much and totally exhausted about it :frown:

Plz! LSE ! Let me know the result this week :s-smilie: BTW, applying for straight Econ here!
Reply 3950
Original post by di_1996
The 12 weeks deadline for me has already passed for a week.

Still got around week until my 4+2 xmas weeks ends. HATE this waiting so much and totally exhausted about it :frown:

Plz! LSE ! Let me know the result this week :s-smilie: BTW, applying for straight Econ here!

Well, i applied for philosophy and econ and still waiting as well. My 4+2 xmas deadline ended friday. So i am defenitely with you on this one. Hope we will hear this week.
Reply 3951
Original post by dutchie1
Well, i applied for philosophy and econ and still waiting as well. My 4+2 xmas deadline ended friday. So i am defenitely with you on this one. Hope we will hear this week.

Let's hope that we can hear something positive on this LSE Thur/Fri.

The thing is that I kind of losing the confidence about LSE, because of the endless waiting and annoying please wait more emails. Really worrying about getting one rej. :frown:

Anyway, good Luck!
Reply 3952
Original post by di_1996
Let's hope that we can hear something positive on this LSE Thur/Fri.

The thing is that I kind of losing the confidence about LSE, because of the endless waiting and annoying please wait more emails. Really worrying about getting one rej. :frown:

Anyway, good Luck!

Between now and end of January, LSE will send out most of their offers as well as rejections. So the waiting is about to end soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3953
Original post by chripro
Between now and end of January, LSE will send out most of their offers as well as rejections. So the waiting is about to end soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know? :confused:
Reply 3954
Original post by Rock_99
How do you know? :confused:

This is what happened last year. Off course some applicants received their replies after the end of January, but this was a minority.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3955
Original post by chripro

Posted from TSR Mobile

I probably will hear soon, surely can get the decision at the end of January... There is no way that LSE send us another email and ask us to wait longer!

Pretty glad the waiting can end but still really hope can get one offer!
Reply 3956
Original post by chripro
This is what happened last year. Off course some applicants received their replies after the end of January, but this was a minority.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope that it will be the same this year :smile:
Reply 3957
Original post by CG1012
I'm an international student too! It's just that the open day happens to be during our upcoming break, so we decided to fly over. :P

Omg the wait yes....but I'm hoping LSE doesn't reply soon because I feel like a rejection would come before an offer...
Could just be my own paranoia, haha.

You too! :smile:

Hehe, ah lucky! which country you in?
Can't find any examples of people in the same situation as me... I have no idea if i'll be accepted or not haha
Original post by chripro

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nonsense. The universe and time itself will end long before the waiting does.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending