The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6340
Original post by eugenius 8
loved the first ep of Nisekoi :rofl: feel this is gona be a great show :biggrin: that art/animation :love:

Funnily enough, I've just finished watching this. Ditto on all accounts, definitely keeping this on. :laugh:

nice change of pace in the latest Ippo ep :h: have always been waiting for Umezawa to bring that up :cry2:

Yeah, Ippo knows how to pull the heart strings. :sadnod:
Just browsing anime youtube clips for a break from revision and came across a few clips from the below anime:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=12142

Am seriously gonna consider watching this, looks SO FUNNY! XD

Favourite Scene By Far:

[video="youtube;z30Y572EmCk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z30Y572EmCk[/video]
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6342
Wizard Barristers look good. Just watched the first ep :gah:

Though it's from the same studio that made Ikkitousen and Queen's Blade. I hope Arms don't mess this up.
those are from the 3rd and most recent season :wink: im guessing you're on the first?

lol yeah i jsut started, i am on the first season episode 11.....does the anime get better?
Original post by study beats
lol yeah i jsut started, i am on the first season episode 11.....does the anime get better?

nice one, yeah defo you're in for a treat :biggrin:
Original post by RoflSeal
I liked the first episodes of Norogami and Mahou Sensou, I haven't watched Nisekoi.

Though my secret guilty pleasure this season will probably be Sakura Trick.

loved the first ep of Nisekoi :rofl: feel this is gona be a great show :biggrin: that art/animation :love:

I think I've settled on D-Frag,Noragami, Nisekoi and Space Dandy (Episode 2 was much better).

Nisekoi reminds me of monogatari which reminds me of the ending :cry2:

Setokai yakuindomo is an interesting one to say the least :tongue:
*AJ's epic InterGET catchup post*

Original post by caraniel
Stuff and things

:poke: Don't just disappear after a week, before I've had a chance to say hi! :puppyeyes:

Original post by Aiko
Gatchaman Crowds is such a bizarre anime. A twisted take on the ever popular superhero genre. The plot has direction of sorts, but equally, it's difficult to tell where they're planning to take this. Still, it's a very stylish anime. The female protagonist and the current antagonist are both insane, but in a good way. :tongue:

Although, what a disappointing ending. It felt terribly rushed. It was almost as if the writers had intended this to be two seasons, but were then instructed to end it in one at short notice. Shame, the series had potential, but the abrupt ending has prohibited this. Nonetheless, was a fun anime to watch. Nothing too special, but certainly worth watching. :smile:

Glad you enjoyed it. :smile: The ending for the first series was indeed a mess, and the main reason it didn't feature higher in my end of year rankings, but I'm really looking forward to the sequel nevertheless. :yes:

Original post by Numan786
The most stupid anime you've watched or were watching?

Probably Shining Bread. Every frame killed one of my brain cells. :sadnod:

Original post by Numan786
Omg guys epsiode 1 out for second season of chunnibyou I'm gonna watch now hopefully it don't disappoint.

This is also first on my priorities list, cannot wait (any longer than I've already been forced to wait, that is)! :excited:

Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Right the much overdue analysis of the santa :tongue:

Ah, the big reveal. Many thanks once again for running it for us!

So, now the cat's out of the bag:

Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
*unfortunate victim*

What were your thoughts on the choices I gave you? Because you're about the only person who didn't reply when I asked everyone in general in this thread, and I didn't want to make it obvious by quoting you directly. :o:

Original post by Rothwell
Also a sorry to AJ about two of those choices; I knew they were mediocre (although I enjoyed Kill Me Baby :tongue:) but picked from anime I had watched which you hadn't. As you could expect the list was very small. :redface:

Zero no Tsukaima F wasn't mediocre, it was PAINFUL. :p: But I'd probably have ended up watching it eventually anyway, since I'm such a completionist. And Beelzebub more than made up for it - I only finished it a couple of days ago during my internet blackout, but it was a fantastic series. :biggrin:

Thanks for going to the effort of finding three series I hadn't seen to begin with, it can't have been easy. :smile:

Original post by Scienceisgood
Just browsing anime youtube clips for a break from revision and came across a few clips from the below anime:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=12142

Am seriously gonna consider watching this, looks SO FUNNY! XD

Nichijou is probably the funniest anime series I have ever watched, definitely worth your time IMO. :rofl:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6347
Original post by AngryJellyfish
*AJ's epic InterGET catchup post*

:poke: Don't just disappear after a week, before I've had a chance to say hi! :puppyeyes:

Sorry I didn't mean to drop off the face of the planet again, but dear god has the new season been kicking my arse - suddenly remembered why I used to schedule a day or two off to catch up on all my first impressions posts! Think I have most of them written now thank god - tough going when I'm working longer hours these days :sigh:

I'll try to be better in the next few weeks :colondollar:
Original post by caraniel
Sorry I didn't mean to drop off the face of the planet again, but dear god has the new season been kicking my arse - suddenly remembered why I used to schedule a day or two off to catch up on all my first impressions posts! Think I have most of them written now thank god - tough going when I'm working longer hours these days :sigh:

I'll try to be better in the next few weeks :colondollar:

Meh, I can't really comment about lack of online activity over the past week. :p: Thanks for replying so quickly, it's good to have you back! :smile:

I've got a week and a half of new anime season to catch up on now; think I'll trust my first impressions and only pick up the shows that I shortlisted in my season preview thread, as opposed to giving everything a chance like I normally would, or else I'll never catch up. :s:

I had been booking days off at the start of anime seasons myself, but didn't bother this time since I felt I'd had enough of a holiday over Christmas. Good idea in hindsight. :p: I've booked a couple of days off next week for a general anime marathon, though, in time for the 23rd (or 'X Months of Anime GET!' day). :proud:
(edited 10 years ago)
:tumble: Don't tell me everyone else's internet is down now? :zomg: :p:

Here's a general update on what I am/have been reading/watching over the past couple of weeks, for anyone who cares:

One Piece - The plan was to make a good dent in the Punk Hazard arc before the new anime season really got underway, but lack of internet left me with only three episodes... that was more than enough to rekindle my interest in the series, though, so I'll likely resume it with great enthusiasm once all the Winter first eps are out of the way. :smile:

Marathoned the remainder of Beelzebub as previously mentioned, as well as Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy. I wasn't sure whether I'd actually like the latter, since my taste in anime has changed A LOT since ~2007 when I watched the first series, but I guess it's a classic for a reason. :yes: Both managed to keep a smile on my face during such a dark time. :p: Replacing them on my watching list will be Dragon Drive and Mawaru Penguin Drum!

Also watched both Sol Bianca movies - decent enough, but the story was obviously meant to go on for at least one more part. I may have to check out The Legacy. :beard: Then there was Psycho Diver, which was just meh. Not good, not terrible, just moderately preferable to staring at a blank screen for 50 minutes. :giggle:

Finished Cross Game, which was just as good in manga form as I remember the anime being. :biggrin: Other manga titles I finished in that week and a half include FLCL (weird), What a Wonderful World (great), Shino-chan wa Jibun no Namae ga Ienai (cute) and Flower of Life (fantastic). Am also only one volume away from finishing Twin Spica - hope it ends well, as this manga is nothing short of epic so far.
(edited 10 years ago)
:tumble: Don't tell me everyone else's internet is down now? :zomg: :p:

Here's a general update on what I am/have been reading/watching over the past couple of weeks, for anyone who cares:

One Piece - The plan was to make a good dent in the Punk Hazard arc before the new anime season really got underway, but lack of internet left me with only three episodes... that was more than enough to rekindle my interest in the series, though, so I'll likely resume it with great enthusiasm once all the Winter first eps are out of the way. :smile:

Marathoned the remainder of Beelzebub as previously mentioned, as well as Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy. I wasn't sure whether I'd actually like the latter, since my taste in anime has changed A LOT since ~2007 when I watched the first series, but I guess it's a classic for a reason. :yes: Both managed to keep a smile on my face during such a dark time. :p: Replacing them on my watching list will be Dragon Drive and Mawaru Penguin Drum!

Also watched both Sol Bianca movies - decent enough, but the story was obviously meant to go on for at least one more part. I may have to check out The Legacy. :beard: Then there was Psycho Diver, which was just meh. Not good, not terrible, just moderately preferable to staring at a blank screen for 50 minutes. :giggle:

Finished Cross Game, which was just as good in manga form as I remember the anime being. :biggrin: Other manga titles I finished in that week and a half include FLCL (weird), What a Wonderful World (great), Shino-chan wa Jibun no Namae ga Ienai (cute) and Flower of Life (fantastic). Am also only one volume away from finishing Twin Spica - hope it ends well, as this manga is nothing short of epic so far.

Nope, just its exam season and until tomorrow afternoon i'm banned from anime :tongue: plus I like to just read people's ramblings like your own which contain nice links to things i've never heard of :biggrin:
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Nope, just its exam season and until tomorrow afternoon i'm banned from anime :tongue: plus I like to just read people's ramblings like your own which contain nice links to things i've never heard of :biggrin:

Glad somebody appreciates it, makes providing all those synopsis links worth the hassle. :smile: I almost always look up any title I don't recognise on A-P or MAL if it comes up in discussion here. :redface:
New anime series for Black Butler has been green lit. :biggrin:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2014-01-16/new-black-butler-anime-series-green-lit

Wonder if this will be a continuation or a reboot? :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Glad somebody appreciates it, makes providing all those synopsis links worth the hassle. :smile: I almost always look up any title I don't recognise on A-P or MAL if it comes up in discussion here. :redface:

I do indeed. Your posts are worthwhile and detailed, I don't have the patience to link everything and go through my thought process :tongue:
Reply 6354
Original post by Scienceisgood
New anime series for Black Butler has been green lit. :biggrin:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2014-01-16/new-black-butler-anime-series-green-lit

Wonder if this will be a continuation or a reboot? :confused:

Wait didn't the anime end with

Spoiler

Good god a live action. I hope the cast will be decent.
latest Naruto, "Madara's" early powers awakening was so good to see :coma: :colone:

Spoiler

Original post by Tai Ga
Wait didn't the anime end with

Spoiler

Good god a live action. I hope the cast will be decent.

Yeah, I know how the series ended but in a story of angels, demons, shinigami and a whole aray of magical creatures, anything is possible if you think about it...

Although;

Spoiler

On my last season catch up i've just finished Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio Ars Nova. Turned out to be pretty good overall despite me going into it not knowing what to expect, the series didn't pan out as expected but still it finished well :smile:

Next up Coppelion or Little Busters Refrain!

EDIT: I watched Little Busters as it turns out and boy that took me for a good ride. It continued to impress, even more so after the plot was revealed and it all slotted together neatly in my head (for once!). But jesus the series wasn't half dark considering it was a VN made by Key, so mysterious as well :ninja: All in all i'm satisfied with the job J.C. Staff did despite the average to poor first season that created a detailed back story for the real story in the second season that was shorter (25? episodes for first season, only 13 for second). Would have been interesting to see somebody else have a crack at it though, say KyoAni who perfected Key VNs.

Alas still my favourite thing of the season (unless coppelion can pull something out of the bag in the last five episodes to match it- which I doubt!) and one happy chappy :smile:

EDIT 2:Although after reading some reviews JC removed potentially some of the most powerful scenes of the VN and chose a different route instead... shame really, I feel a bit let down after reading what could have happened.
(edited 10 years ago)
Coppelion is all done now so I believe I can crack on with the new season...

Coppelion however was rather a bit meh. To summarise it as one review said 'It's a melodramatic sci-fi story about these girls who won't die on radiation unlike all the other people in the world. These people are of course saints, and we get to see missions where our three radiation immune saints save people from radiation while crying. By three radiation immune saints saving people, I mean our main girl, Ibarawhatever, saving people while the other two watch. Alternatively watch and cry.'

There is pretty much one character throughout the series with the others doing minor rubbish. The first two episodes had me on the edge of my seat with mystery but then the plot pretty much went to pot. Alas it wasn't a total waste of my time I guess :tongue:
Reply 6359
:woo: I am finally finished watching and writing knee-jerk reactions for ALL THE ANIME! for the winter season.....actually much less I'm hyped about than I was expecting and as such I haven't a fecking notion what to blog this season. Which is irritating since I'm struggling with Samurai Flamenco since it has gone full Tokusatsu now :sigh:

At the moment I'm keeping:
Buddy Complex - because I need some Stupid Sunrise Mecha in my life at all times
D-Frag! - surprisingly high energy and fun if rather light on substance
Hamatora - hello my multi-coloured bishie series of the season
Hozuki no Reitetsu - quite niche with its Japanese hell theme, but wonderfully written
Nobunaga The Fool - disappointing so far but I'm holding out for some Kawamori mentalness....and also because seiyuu
Nobunagun - great when it is being mental, not so much when being s'life
Noragami - so pretty!
Pupa - again disappointing given its ludicrously short run time, but has potential
Silver Spoon 2 - hitting all the right notes with its signature charm and wit, love this show
Space Dandy - is a Dandy in the Space....I can't not watch the latest Watanabe offering!
Strange+ - high energy shorts about solving random mysteries. Haven't a clue what's going on, but it is fun
Tonari no Seki-kun - making procrastination into an artform. Also neurotic HanaKana is always a winner
Wizard Barristers - has Wakamoto voicing a frog. I need not say more.
Sekai Seifuku - Intriguing set up with its cartoonish evil organisation, first episode really interested me

So quite a lot....expect to drop a few things in the next two weeks though, usually do.

Latest