The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Human Biology January 2014 exams

Hey guys!

Idk if anyone else has made a thread so I thought I might as well make one

Paper 1 was yesterday and paper 2 is on Friday :smile: how did everyone find the exam yesterday? Tbh I don't think it was that bad however the question on the strand of hair in a Petri dish threw me completely! I can't remember reading anything about that in the book xD

Josie ✌️

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hw was the paper??
Reply 2
Paper 1 was ok however paper 2 was much harder :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Viloshan
hw was the paper??

Paper 1 was ok however paper 2 was much harder /:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
and comparing it to the 2013 papers is it easy or hard? and how the multiple choice?? :smile:
and comparing it to the 2013 papers is it easy or hard? and how the multiple choice?? :smile:

The paper 1 was pretty easy but paper 2 was hard there was literally stuff that wasn't even in the text book but it was fine but I think the 2013 paper was about the same in difficulty, did you do the exam too ?
Reply 6
No I didn't so can u tell one question that was hard for you
No I didn't so can u tell one question that was hard for you

when are you doing the exam , in june ?
and the sewage questions were pretty hard
Reply 8
Yeah on June man! Well so they asked you about the effects of sewage or did they ask you the ways of preventing it
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeah on June man! Well so they asked you about the effects of sewage or did they ask you the ways of preventing it

You do know the June and January papers are different and no they gave us this diagram of a new sewage method and asked us different things like what could the products be used for and were anaerobic conditions required

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hi does anyone know when the Human Biology IGCSE exams are this year? I need to book mine as an external candidate
Original post by bswaz
Hi does anyone know when the Human Biology IGCSE exams are this year? I need to book mine as an external candidate

I jus had mine last month and there is another one in June not sure about the exact date tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
guys u know anywhere to get marked papers by examiners
guys u know anywhere to get marked papers by examiners

Yh , you have to ask the center where you did the exam and you pay 20 pounds but if you ask for your paper back you can't get it remarked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
guys what are your results????
i got an A* what about you ?
guys what are your results????

i had to phone my exam centre to get my results because i know they ar supposed to be released today but i didn't receive anything in the post but they said i got an a* so i was happy but didi you get your results in the post ?
Hi. I'm currently studying for my edexcel biology IGCSE. Any tips?
Reply 18
im doing this may man! hope i too get an A* do u have any tips for me?? i usually score 85s and 90s in class though
Original post by ballroom beans
Hi. I'm currently studying for my edexcel biology IGCSE. Any tips?

i would say past papers , there are questions that are repeated or similar every year

Quick Reply

Latest