The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DonGreeky
Guys I'm a bit worried, had my interview on the 10th December, got an offer earlier this evening however it says I need 3 A's at A2 including chemistry and biology. The problem is I've dropped biology! I checked ucas and it clearly says on my application that I'm not doing bio this year. I'm gonna call tomorrow but what do people think? This happened to anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most likely just an error on their part. Relax!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2321
Original post by Ke299
Do you guys have any idea whether it's a questionnaire or an essay? I probably won't have time to prepare for it either way but I'd like to know!

My email says questionnaire - I'm keeping an open mind.

Good luck with your interview:smile:
Reply 2322
Original post by 0766
everyone is getting offers and i'm still waiting for an interview.... :s-smilie:

Me too :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys I'm a bit worried, had my interview on the 10th December, got an offer earlier this evening however it says I need 3 A's at A2 including chemistry and biology. The problem is I've dropped biology! I checked ucas and it clearly says on my application that I'm not doing bio this year. I'm gonna call tomorrow but what do people think? This happened to anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think as long as you have AS biology (at a B I think) you will be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, does anyone have idea what the ratio of interviews: offers it? I know last year for 320 places around 950 were interviewed.

I mean reputation wise, I know places, e.g. Leeds and Bristol, once you are offered an interview the chances of an offer are VERY high. Does anyone have any idea about Kings' reputation regarding offers/ interviews?

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by shmuxel
Interview on 3rd december, still waiting....

Had my interview on the 11th December, I'm still waiting as well!
Hey guys! So which hall is everyone thinking of staying at? I don't want to be all alone :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your help guys, it was just a generic email, phew! Now to enjoy that fact that i got an offer! :biggrin:
Reply 2328
Original post by Blueray2
That can be interpreted in many ways :teehee:

Let your imagination run wild haha
Reply 2329
Original post by LoonyLuna
Congrats you must be so happy :redface:
May I ask when your interview was?

Thanks vey much. It was the 5th December :smile:
Reply 2330
Original post by Δεφιαντ1
Well done!!!! :smile: is kings your first choice??

Thanks very much. To be honest I'm not really sure. I think the course and everything is great, but I'm not really sure how I feel about living in London :smile:
Original post by Jaffski
Thanks very much. To be honest I'm not really sure. I think the course and everything is great, but I'm not really sure how I feel about living in London :smile:

What is wrong with u ( lol i mean this in a funny way ) ... London and kingd are both awesome places... Sure it takes time to get use to things but come on.... U can do it ... I have full faith in u ... I think guys campus and kcl is very unique in the sense it is secluded and yet in the centre of london so ur sorted... If med is ur first degree and ur a home candidate there are tons of student loan / bursary available ... U can always get a job trust me .... So money is sorted ....
I can understand if u have ur reasons for not choosing kings ! I just felt like giving you a confidence boost as 1. U have an offer ( i would be over the moon if i was u ) 1. There is a lot of -ve anecdotal things about london being expensive .... It is but there are things u can do ...... If ur not a graduate who applied to a100 course u should cout urself lucky ... Ask any grad who has applied to a100 ... All have had a breakdown when the thought of feees comes up ... Unless tey are very rich or have saved up for a few years but still...
I would consider kings... Ps i am biased towards kings as u can tell lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Megamanshah
Had my interview on the 11th December, I'm still waiting as well!

SAAAAME!

Although were you asked to upload your Passport?

I wasn't, I was only asked to upload my A-levels and GCSE certificates...

Then again i'm an EU applicant and I don't even have a passport, in my country it suffices to have a national ID card. I'm fairly worried that there is a rejection coming my way, as I haven't been asked to upload passport or ID card....

Anyway, what time was your interview on the 11th? I had mine at 14:40
Original post by Jaffski

I know, it's so expensive!! I firmed my offer straight away though, GKT is my dream med school
Reply 2334
Is there anyone who hasn't uploaded their a level certificates .. Who has an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had my interview on 4th December and haven't heard a thing, this wait is dreadful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone know if the interview will consist of a questionnaire or an essay... everyone seems to be avoiding this question! plus, will the essay revolve around an ethical topic, or some science textbook kind of stuff?
Reply 2337
Original post by psmalhotra
does anyone know if the interview will consist of a questionnaire or an essay... everyone seems to be avoiding this question! plus, will the essay revolve around an ethical topic, or some science textbook kind of stuff?

I have no idea which it is but I'd like to know! As for the topic I remember reading somewhere that it's about the attributes of a doctor.. can't remember where I read that though i think it must have been on here
Original post by Ke299
I have no idea which it is but I'd like to know! As for the topic I remember reading somewhere that it's about the attributes of a doctor.. can't remember where I read that though i think it must have been on here

have yu had yur interview.... along with the invitation, did they ask for any other details, like passport copy, or certificates, etc... because i was only asked for a confirmation of attendance.
Reply 2339
Original post by psmalhotra
have yu had yur interview.... along with the invitation, did they ask for any other details, like passport copy, or certificates, etc... because i was only asked for a confirmation of attendance.

No I've got mine tomorrow

Yeah the interview letter said to upload copy of passport and educational certificates. I wouldn't worry about it, most people on here seem to have only uploaded them after their interview and they've still got offers! I don't think it matters

Quick Reply

Latest