The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Layontheland

Mine was 770, with your UKCAT I wouldn't promise anything but if your other stats are good you could very well get an interview as it is certainly good enough
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by lindseyyy
Hi, does anyone have idea what the ratio of interviews: offers it? I know last year for 320 places around 950 were interviewed.

I mean reputation wise, I know places, e.g. Leeds and Bristol, once you are offered an interview the chances of an offer are VERY high. Does anyone have any idea about Kings' reputation regarding offers/ interviews?

Thanks! :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/medical_school_competition_ratios
for all med schools
Original post by Ke299
No I've got mine tomorrow

Yeah the interview letter said to upload copy of passport and educational certificates. I wouldn't worry about it, most people on here seem to have only uploaded them after their interview and they've still got offers! I don't think it matters

great, thanks a lot! all the best for your interview and i hope yu ace it! just be calm and get a good night's sleep!:smile: and btw, did yu revise any of yur AS/A2 stuff for this interview, i mean, are yu expecting them to ask such questions??
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jaffski
Thanks vey much. It was the 5th December :smile:

So you had to wait quite a bit longer than the two to three weeks they said! Maybe I'll calm down a bit with the excessive email checking :colondollar: Anyway, well done again
Reply 2344
Original post by psmalhotra
great, thanks a lot! all the best for your interview and i hope yu ace it! just be calm and get a good night's sleep!:smile: and btw, did yu revise any of yur AS/A2 stuff for this interview, i mean, are yu expecting them to ask such questions??

Thanks, good luck for yours too! When is it? I haven't revised any yet but I might just have a quick look at my old revision guides on the train down! Kings is quite academic so I guess it's possible they might throw in a science question
Someone PLEASE tell us whether it's a questionnaire or an essay for post-christmas interviews?
Original post by GCSE-help
Someone PLEASE tell us whether it's a questionnaire or an essay for post-christmas interviews?

Someone put it up a couple of pages back but it was an essay
Original post by Δεφιαντ1
I know, it's so expensive!! I firmed my offer straight away though, GKT is my dream med school

If you don't mind me asking, what makes you so passionate about Kings? It's just I'm really unsure about what my first choice is :colondollar:

Thanks
Reply 2348
Do you guys think they'll hand out more offers today? ..
Original post by adam_dewji
Someone put it up a couple of pages back but it was an essay

Cheers! :smile:
For people that have had offers, how long did you have to wait after you'd uploaded your certificates? Are we talking days, or weeks?
OVER WITH THE INTERVIEW!!! Woooooo :')
Reply 2352
Original post by Tee Logan x
OVER WITH THE INTERVIEW!!! Woooooo :')

Was it scary? I've got mine tomorrow and I'm getting pretty nervous :frown:
So...
I have had no response from King's (or UCL)....
No interview, no rejection, nada..

I'm non-EU by the way. Have they not gotten to non-EU applicants yet?
Original post by Ke299
Was it scary? I've got mine tomorrow and I'm getting pretty nervous :frown:

At the beginning i was petrified but my interviewers kept smiling and nodding (which was pretty unexpected because i thought they'd have a poker face) so that put me at ease. The beginning is always scarier than the end. Trust me, time goes FAST! :smile:
Hey guys! So which hall is everyone thinking of staying at? I don't want to be all alone :'(

Moonraker point would be my first choice, then great dover street then wolfson. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2356
Original post by Tee Logan x
At the beginning i was petrified but my interviewers kept smiling and nodding (which was pretty unexpected because i thought they'd have a poker face) so that put me at ease. The beginning is always scarier than the end. Trust me, time goes FAST! :smile:

Ok thanks! :smile:
Reply 2357
For those with offers, did you get an email as well? I had my interview on the 5th December and I track my portal about a million times a day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tarhuni
Moonraker point would be my first choice, then great dover street then wolfson. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd LIKE to stay at moonraker, it seems the nicest hall and I like cluster flats of the traditional corridor type, but it costs £7882!! Not sure if that's worth it :/
Reply 2359
I'd LIKE to stay at moonraker, it seems the nicest hall and I like cluster flats of the traditional corridor type, but it costs £7882!! Not sure if that's worth it :/

Julian Markham House seems quite nice even though its like a 20mins walk away from the campus. Its much cheaper than Mooraker as well!

Quick Reply

Latest