The Student Room Group

OCR English Literature coursework

Hi,

I'm going to start my 3,000 word English Coursework soon and I needed some advice on my title! I'm studying Selected Poems by Anna Akhmatova, Happy Days by Samuel Beckett, and The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter.

I want to do something about Ambiguity in the three texts since I think that'd be an interesting angle to do some research on, and explore.

The title I came up with is the following:

"People may or may not say what they mean... but they always say something designed to get what they want.’ Compare and contrast the ways ambiguity is used as a device to elucidate and reinforce the key issues highlighted within ‘Happy Days’ by Samuel Beckett, ‘The Blood Chamber’ by Angela Carter and selected poems of Anna Akhmatova."

Has anyone done/started the coursework part of this specification & can maybe offer some advice on the title? Is it clear enough? I'm aiming for an A in the coursework! :biggrin:
Original post by SunnyDest
Hi,

I'm going to start my 3,000 word English Coursework soon and I needed some advice on my title! I'm studying Selected Poems by Anna Akhmatova, Happy Days by Samuel Beckett, and The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter.

I want to do something about Ambiguity in the three texts since I think that'd be an interesting angle to do some research on, and explore.

The title I came up with is the following:

"People may or may not say what they mean... but they always say something designed to get what they want.’ Compare and contrast the ways ambiguity is used as a device to elucidate and reinforce the key issues highlighted within ‘Happy Days’ by Samuel Beckett, ‘The Blood Chamber’ by Angela Carter and selected poems of Anna Akhmatova."

Has anyone done/started the coursework part of this specification & can maybe offer some advice on the title? Is it clear enough? I'm aiming for an A in the coursework! :biggrin:

I'm not with OCR but I'm studying The Bloody Chamber for my exam and that seems like a really interesting question, definitely stick with it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest