The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RamocitoMorales
Then please clear up for me which group it was that you believed to be more feminine?

Eastern Europeans
Reply 2901

Now I think this would be acceptable if the said woman was married, let's say, but suppose she wasn't. The only way plausible for a Turkish man to attain the kind of girl you have described would be through an arranged marriage (which does happen in Turkey). This is how society functions throughout much of rural Turkey, but even in a cosmopolitan city like Istanbul where arranged marriages are not the norm, this attitude still persists. I can tell you that most Turkish girls do have lots of male friends, but their groups are very cliquey and while the men in these groups remain approachable, the women are not so (and they do not have the excuse of seeking to avoid male interaction). They remain cold to the bone.

ohh I see now :s-smilie: That's hard to analyse, tbh, in Baku now girls are more independent and liberal, so you can even see girl approaching boy :smile: but in rural part , same old story.
Original post by S-man10
Eastern Europeans

Eastern European girls, more feminine than Western European girls (hardly an achievement), but not more feminine than Turkish girls. I might slate Turkish girls for many things, but I will stick up for them in this instance and I'm certainly quite justified to do so.

INurl
in Baku now girls are more independent and liberal

That could end badly. Before you know it they'll be asking for the right to vote!
Reply 2903
Eastern European girls, more feminine than Western European girls (hardly an achievement), but not more feminine than Turkish girls. I might slate Turkish girls for many things, but I will stick up for them in this instance and I'm certainly quite justified to do so.

That could end badly. Before you know it they'll be asking for the right to vote!

:eek: everyone 18+ have right to vote in azerbaijan from ages ago :colone:
I might be telling negative things, because they exist, but in general, it's better than most countries :cool:
Reply 2904
I don't think you can differentiate western or east european girls from Turkish girls in places such as Istanbul/Izmir anymore (from my experience).

But traditional Turkish girls are too hard to get; to the extent that eventually drive you away. I can see why Turkish guys go for Russians etc.

It's difficult nowadays to find Turkish girls who have a nice balance of traditionalism and liberalism.

Those are my thoughts anyway, for what is worth.

Also Hi everyone! Long time :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lNurl
I might be telling negative things, because they exist, but in general, it's better than most countries :cool:

Probably better than the UK too.

Akkuz
I don't think you can differentiate western or east european girls from Turkish girls in places such as Istanbul/Izmir anymore (from my experience).

I think you're exaggerating a tad, or maybe it's more the case that I think western and British are synonymous.

Spoiler

Akkuz
Also Hi everyone! Long time

Welcome back! What happenened to you?
Original post by lNurl
I did not ask that bit from my dad, I suppose in general. but you know, most men in our part of the world have double standards, "I can, you cant". They want "pure" and "innocent" wife for their children, but at the same time someone confident, attractive and interesting. I am not saying all of them like that,maybe I am mistaking, but I guess it's pressure from society which dictates who men should marry who he should date and have fun with.

Yes i agree, some like to go off and have do what they like but expect their wives-to-be to not have done the same.
Original post by S-man10
Why the obsession with "easier to bed"?

No, they are generally more feminine which is why ALOT of men prefer them

Where I'm from getting drunk and sleeping with any man in sight is not feminine at all.
Original post by bluebubblegum
Where I'm from getting drunk and sleeping with any man in sight is not feminine at all.

Where I'm from you don't generalise the whole female population as that :laugh:

Again, being feminine is different than that. Why the obsession with "easier to bed?"
Original post by Akkuz

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you're right there. Western Turkey, most girls act like European girls, however in Eastern Turkey girls probably wouldn't dare go out with a guy.
Original post by S-man10
Where I'm from you don't generalise the whole female population as that :laugh:

Again, being feminine is different than that. Why the obsession with "easier to bed?"

I recall talking about the ones that go on holiday to Turkey...

What do you mean "obsession"? If that's what they get up to all the time and it's frequently observed by people then that is no problem of mine.
I think you're right there. Western Turkey, most girls act like European girls, however in Eastern Turkey girls probably wouldn't dare go out with a guy.

Look, please don't try to create a Western-Eastern divide where the West is a free, liberal land of hipsters and the East is an oppresive and repressed land of burkas, because it's false. There are villages in western Turkey more conservative than many parts of eastern Turkey and vice versa.

S-man10
Where I'm from you don't generalise the whole female population as that

Where are you from? :curious:

S-man10
Why the obsession with "easier to bed?"

Well there seems to be a correlation where feminine women appear to come from more conservative cultures.
Reply 2912

Well there seems to be a correlation where feminine women appear to come from more conservative cultures.

it really depends on one's definition of femininity
Look, please don't try to create a Western-Eastern divide where the West is a free, liberal land of hipsters and the East is an oppresive and repressed land of burkas, because it's false. There are villages in western Turkey more conservative than many parts of eastern Turkey and vice versa.

Of course i don't mean that, i understand there are diversities within both locations. But i do think the more extreme cases are most likely situated in the East.
Original post by lNurl

Yes this. This has really become my kind of thread :biggrin:

Original post by S-man10
Why the obsession with "easier to bed"?

Just the other day on a normal day time soap on Turkish TV it showed a woman get drunk and have sex with a stranger and then she hangs herself because of it :lolwut:
Reply 2915
Probably better than the UK too.

I think you're exaggerating a tad, or maybe it's more the case that I think western and British are synonymous.

Spoiler

Welcome back! What happenened to you?

Heh. Well, lets just say the gap has narrowed! Stereotypes have become a lot harder to define and identify, lets say. But I do tend to find that girls from East Turkey are still very much traditional "goodie" types.

Finished my masters and got a job in IB. Adult life :cry: Yourself?
Original post by lNurl

Let's break it down. What is the definition of the word 'feminine'. According to the RamocitoMorales English Dictionary it is

Feminine - having qualities traditionally associated with women.

Now, what would a woman, with qualities traditionally associated with women do for me? She'd do the housework, the cooking, rear the children...now compare that with most Western women who don't even want to ever get married (because it's an 'outdated concept', apparently) or have children (because it would restrict them from living their own hedonistic lifestyles).

Akkuz
Finished my masters and got a job in IB.

Investment Banking, is that in Turkey?
Reply 2917

This is pretty much spot on from my experiences. Eastern Turkey girls will/do date guys but they're much harder to get. You need to be committed and really chase hard lol.
Original post by hollywoodbudgie

Just the other day on a normal day time soap on Turkish TV it showed a woman get drunk and have sex with a stranger and then she hangs herself because of it :lolwut:

Oh dear. This really promotes a bad example
Reply 2919
Investment Banking, is that in Turkey?

Londra. Bu cennet bırakılırmı kardeşim. :biggrin:

I would however consider Turkey, should I get offered bucket-loads of money (which I will do some day :colone: ).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending