The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Akkuz
Londra. Bu cennet bırakılırmı kardeşim. :biggrin:

Cennetmi? Have you taken a look outside the window today...or pretty much any day? Evet bırakılır, and I plan to.

S-man10
Oh dear. This really promotes a bad example

It's a 'bad example' when a Turk does it (because honour is an extremely important part of Turkish society), but not when a Japanese samurai does it. :sigh:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Akkuz
This is pretty much spot on from my experiences. Eastern Turkey girls will/do date guys but they're much harder to get. You need to be committed and really chase hard lol.

Or have lots of money

Spoiler

Original post by RamocitoMorales

It's a 'bad example' when a Turk does it (because honour is an extremely important part of Turkish society), but not when a Japanese samurai does it. :sigh:

Guess her suicide was honorable then :laugh:
Reply 2923
Cennetmi? Have you taken a look outside the window today...or pretty much any day? Evet bırakılır, and I plan to.

Fair enough. Burda düzen ve daha çok para var. :wink: Istanbul is a wonderful place but for day-to-day living, its much harder than living in London. I worked there briefly, so I got a real good taste of the place.

And Ankara is just boring as hell.

Original post by bluebubblegum
Or have lots of money

Spoiler

Gold. Lots of gold! :colone:
Original post by Akkuz
This is pretty much spot on from my experiences. Eastern Turkey girls will/do date guys but they're much harder to get. You need to be committed and really chase hard lol.

:curious: Are you referring to having sex here?
Reply 2925
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
:curious: Are you referring to having sex here?

No.
Original post by Akkuz
Gold. Lots of gold! :colone:

You were raised well as Turk, you seem to have identified the priorities :clap2:
Reply 2927

So you are coming to live in Azerbaijan then? :wink:
Yes this. This has really become my kind of thread :biggrin:

That would depend but there is that generalised definition. Assuming that is being used here
Original post by S-man10
Oh dear. This really promotes a bad example

I think people generally know better.
Helloo fellow Turks :biggrin: i am also Turkish and i am studying a levels in biology, chemistry and psychology, great to be part of this thread, love you all xD (and if your male NO-HOMO):biggrin:
I think people generally know better.

You'd be surprised
Original post by Akkuz
Fair enough. Burda düzen ve daha çok para var. :wink: Istanbul is a wonderful place but for day-to-day living, its much harder than living in London. I worked there briefly, so I got a real good taste of the place.

And Ankara is just boring as hell.

But the lights... the buildings... and the city :daydreaming:

I live in a small town in Kent so any location that has a public place open after 10pm is a city :u:
Reply 2933
You were raised well as Turk, you seem to have identified the priorities :clap2:

Haha. Flash the gold, and half of East Turkey will be after you lol.

But the lights... the buildings... and the city :daydreaming:

I live in a small town in Kent so any location that has a public place open after 10pm is a city :u:

Istanbul is great to visit. But not to live. Even people who live there, say the same thing to me.

Never been to Kent, so I can't comment!
Original post by TheGameOfScience
Helloo fellow Turks :biggrin: i am also Turkish and i am studying a levels in biology, chemistry and psychology, great to be part of this thread, love you all xD (and if your male NO-HOMO):biggrin:

I did those A levels too :jumphug:

What are you thinking of doing at uni if you go?
Original post by Akkuz

Istanbul is great to visit. But not to live. Even people who live there, say the same thing to me.

Never been to Kent, so I can't comment!

It depends on where you live in Istanbul. It was fine to me, I was living in Smyrna before that.
Original post by TheGameOfScience

i'm doing AS biology, chemistry, psychology (and maths) :five:
Original post by Akkuz

Or a glimpse of the British passport.
I did those A levels too :jumphug:

What are you thinking of doing at uni if you go?

Really Thats soo awesome!!!:biggrin: great minds think alike i always say :wink:what exam boards did you do for them xD i don't have any Turkish people in my class doing biology, chemistry and psychology:frown: i applied for biological sciences and biology at university, i was thinking of picking chemistry at degree level before because i generally get higher grades in chemistry and i find it as equally interesting as biology but i don't have a level maths and at degree level it gets more mathematically rigorous so i decided to pick biology. so what are you currently studying and what university did you go to?:biggrin:
i'm doing AS biology, chemistry, psychology (and maths) :five:

Thats great!!!!:biggrin: what exam boards are you doing for each of them?

Quick Reply

Latest