The Student Room Group

Economics applicant thread UCAS 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bloxorus
Ahaha!! I'd laugh if they had seen you saying that you want an AAA offer and as a result, give you an A*AA offer. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe.
Original post by Pro Crastination
Not necessarily. I mentioned the topic in my PS and they suggested another course.

Besides, we both have our firm, right? Odds are the offer will be A*AA and it won't matter either way :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha yeah that is true! but oh man, i just keep thinking of seeing an AAA offer on Track :tongue: yeah, if it is an A*AA offer then it won't matter too much, always pick Bath anyday
I hope their reading of TSR doesn't lead to me receiving a rejection. Obviously it's up to them as to what grade offering they give, and the odds are it will be A*AA, but it would be fantastic to have such a great insurance lined up.

OR, I could be wooed by a 'firm with us and we'll knock it down to AAA.' I'll be quiet now :3.

Mate, surely your real name isn't "Pro Crastination" -__- !?
Original post by RebelV005
Mate, surely your real name isn't "Pro Crastination" -__- !?

:'( They always say that at customs, too... I don't know what kind of sick joke my parents (Mr and Mrs Crastination) were playing at in naming me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:'( They always say that at customs, too... I don't know what kind of sick joke my parents (Mr and Mrs Crastination) were playing at in naming me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe they procrastinated too much whilst naming you and hence couldn't find a suitable name?

Posted from TSR Mobile

With "Pro" being your first name, be thankful you're surname isn't "Stitute"...
Has anyone heard back for Economics and statistics at UCL? If yes, what were your offers guys? :smile:
Original post by Hazard17
Has anyone heard back for Economics and statistics at UCL? If yes, what were your offers guys? :smile:

I haven't yet, have you?
Nope, i got rejected for Economics yesterday, so i would be over the moon with an offer in Econ and stats.
What were your maths UMS?
Original post by Hazard17

Nope. Went to an open day a month ago too.
i am actually looking forward to tomorrow, even if i haven't got a Notts offer atleast i'll finally know.
Original post by Fas
i am actually looking forward to tomorrow, even if i haven't got a Notts offer atleast i'll finally know.

Apparently some people may not hear until next week so don't get your hopes too high.
Original post by Bloxorus
Apparently some people may not hear until next week so don't get your hopes too high.

urgh that's quite annoying haha, to be honest it's looking quite bleak for me anyway (the chance of an AAA offer that is) so i won't be too fussed about a rejection as i already have an insurance in York (AAB) but AAA at Notts would be nice to insure haha
Original post by Fas
urgh that's quite annoying haha, to be honest it's looking quite bleak for me anyway (the chance of an AAA offer that is) so i won't be too fussed about a rejection as i already have an insurance in York (AAB) but AAA at Notts would be nice to insure haha

Lol, Fas. We are going to end up at the same university ^_^. I'm definitely insuring York if Notts is A*AA with no other incentives.
So does anyone know when next ULC Open Days are? :smile:
Original post by purplemind
So does anyone know when next ULC Open Days are? :smile:

I've said this countless times on multiple threads haha :smile: February and March are the next open days, your given a 2 week notice if invited to attend one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rafael_96
I've said this countless times on multiple threads haha :smile: February and March are the next open days, your given a 2 week notice if invited to attend one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't pay too much attention to that. :colondollar:
Thanks. :smile:
Good luck to all the Nottingham applicants today!
I've just received an email from UCL asking for my module grades as I am applying for straight Economics. Is it standard to ask for module grades or does it mean that I actually have a chance? I ask this because I got a B in Core 2, whilst I won't blame it all on being ill (recurrent problem which lasts a week to ten days at a time) I feel it had an impact and that's why my teachers still predicted me an A* without asking, although I did still under perform in the exam. I know that once I send off the information, my chances will become nil.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending