The Student Room Group

Failing Collections

I have my first collections in a few days and feel like I'm going to absolutely f a i l. How bad do you have to do in order to get penals?
Original post by Frusen
I have my first collections in a few days and feel like I'm going to absolutely f a i l. How bad do you have to do in order to get penals?

Depends on college/ tutor. In my case, penals are set for anyone who scores below 50. Check with your subject seniors.

Don't worry about having to resit for now and focus on studying! Good luck and all the best.
Reply 2
Reply 3
I actually failed one of my collections at the start of finals term. I suppose by that stage, the tutor had decided that setting a penal collection probably wouldn't be much use....
Oh no, I thought if you failed a collection you just had to put up with the master and your tutors being p*ssed off at you. My prelims are in 8th week as well, ah well I'll just have to see how it goes.
Original post by x__justmyluck
Oh no, I thought if you failed a collection you just had to put up with the master and your tutors being p*ssed off at you. My prelims are in 8th week as well, ah well I'll just have to see how it goes.

Depends on college/ tutor! But really, don't stress about it. If you do have to resit (touch wood!!), just take it as another chance to practise for the real thing. :smile:

Best of luck for Prelims this term! What subject is this?
Original post by mishieru07
Depends on college/ tutor! But really, don't stress about it. If you do have to resit (touch wood!!), just take it as another chance to practise for the real thing. :smile:

Best of luck for Prelims this term! What subject is this?

I'm hoping I'll do better than I'm expecting, if I have to resit it then it's just revision I'll need to do for prelims anyway so won't be too bad :smile:. I do Experimental Psychology.

I get extra time and rest breaks so each exam is 4hrs and 15minutes, so not looking forward to 8 and a half hrs of exams on friday :frown: but my college says they'll get a letter sent to the proctors so for prelims I wont have more than one exam each day which will be better.

Good luck if you've got them too :smile:.
Original post by x__justmyluck
I'm hoping I'll do better than I'm expecting, if I have to resit it then it's just revision I'll need to do for prelims anyway so won't be too bad :smile:. I do Experimental Psychology.

I get extra time and rest breaks so each exam is 4hrs and 15minutes, so not looking forward to 8 and a half hrs of exams on friday :frown: but my college says they'll get a letter sent to the proctors so for prelims I wont have more than one exam each day which will be better.

Good luck if you've got them too :smile:.

I'm sure you'll be fine - don't be too stressed and good luck! :smile: No, I don't have collections this time (for the first time since I did Mods in my first year :eek:), but I will probably regret it because that means I have to sit 3 collections somewhere between Hilary and the start of Trinity. Ahh well.

8 and a half hours? :eek: That sounds horrible! Hopefully you won't get that for Prelims - that would be brutal.

All the best for collections and the upcoming term! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending