The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Racoon
My dad go the cd for Christmas, all the songs on it are great:smile:

I'll try to listen to more of their songs then :smile:
Reply 2161
Please could I ask for prayers? My dad's not very well and has pleurisy.
Reply 2162
Original post by 22KT22

Of course, I'll remember him in my prayers.
Original post by Aula
I found lying down and looking away really helped me last time I had to have an injection.
I'm ridiculous when it comes to needles - I once had to leave a room because people were talking about giving blood :erm:

Will definitely pray for you that it all goes okay.

I can watch it all happen, im fine with all that but they always struggle finding a vein to start with then a few seconds after its happened i just go and have to do the head between the knees stuff :s-smilie:
Which makes me more anxious before which probably makes my veins hide even more :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 22KT22

Absolutely :cute:
Original post by 22KT22

Praying hun.
Original post by 22KT22

Of course :console: :hugs: :console:
Reply 2167
Just wanted to share this! May be conforting for some of us in these times of struggle and suffering (and university interview :K: )

Hope is a choice and so is doubt. You get to choose which voice you listen to. As you continue throughout your day and the rest of this week, be reminded that the Hope of Glory lives inside of you. Romans 5:5 "And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us."
"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."

Ephesians 3:20-21

One of my favourites :biggrin:
"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you"
Shameless bit of spamming:

Events during the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity 2014:

22nd Jan, 6:30pm, Eastern Orthodox Church of the Holy Nativity of the Mother of God, University Rd, vespers followed by cake and a short talk introducing Eastern Orthodoxy. The focus will be on icons. The cake is the main part.

25th Jan, 6pm, St Paul's Clifton, concert of music from Eastern and Western Christianity; University of Bristol Schola Cantorum, University of Bristol Church Choir, Bristol Romanos Singers. Includes Rachmaninov, traditional Georgian chant, mediaeval polyphony, Oldroyd's little-known prayer to Jesus and the world premiere of a new commission. Student tickets £5

Just in case anybody is in the Bristol area. Please feel free to pass this information to your friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2171
Just broke 2,000 posts… I really need to get a life :biggrin:
Original post by Diety
Just broke 2,000 posts… I really need to get a life :biggrin:

*looks at own post count*

:erm: :colondollar: :getmecoat:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

:teehee: mine's pretty damn high too!

:teehee: mine's pretty damn high too!
This one makes it 263.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OurSeaBee
This one makes it 263.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're gonna have to educate us a LOT more on the Orthodox church, if you're to catch up with me :teehee:
You're gonna have to educate us a LOT more on the Orthodox church, if you're to catch up with me :teehee:

Can I be bothered to accept this challenge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
-WlV81foSZA

:crossedf:
Original post by OurSeaBee
Can I be bothered to accept this challenge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yep: :colone: :yep:

:getmecoat:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending