I've never seen this thread that lively in last 2-3 years :smile:

i just made it lively :wink:
Reply 2964
Original post by lNurl

This is what happens when I return :wink:
Original post by lNurl

(In reality, I really hate these things. One of my mum's friend's bathroom has got a massive one painted on the wall so basically when you're peeing you just see this massive eye looking at you :afraid:)

Original post by TheGameOfScience
in all honesty dude, she is probably smarter than both of us combined!!! and i dont know why you think she is not intelligent, i didnt mean that in a sarcastic sense i am genuinely serious.

I'm really not, though it's kinda cool (and a bit weird, not gonna lie) that someone has so much confidence in me :tongue:

Original post by S-man10
don't think you are smart enough to say that :mmm:

Leave him alone, me and TheGameOfScience stick up to each other now :whip:
Original post by hollywoodbudgie

(In reality, I really hate these things. One of my mum's friend's bathroom has got a massive one painted on the wall so basically when you're peeing you just see this massive eye looking at you :afraid:)

I'm really not, though it's kinda cool (and a bit weird, not gonna lie) that someone has so much confidence in me :tongue:

I hate those eyes. The bathroom is the worst place to have one

And sad someone has so much confidence in you :mmm:

Sorry if i came across as weird aha, your welcome though, you are intelligent, i bet so many more people have confidence in you as well :biggrin: you have accomplished a lot academically be proud of yourself :biggrin:

YESSS exactly!!!! :cool: so hush mr s dude:tongue:
Reply 2968

haha, i dont like massive ones, but i like tiny ones on jewellery ^^
Original post by lNurl
haha, i dont like massive ones, but i like tiny ones on jewellery ^^

Aynen, it looks nice as jewellery or a small home decor. You can usually tell someone's Turkish if they're wearing it, but I've seen people on tv wearing it also :smile:
Reply 2970
Lets keep thread active :smile:

I saw so many turks in London speaking in "mixed language" eng+turkish, and they make it sound so smooth like its a separate language :smile:
Original post by lNurl
I saw so many turks in London speaking in "mixed language" eng+turkish, and they make it sound so smooth like its a separate language :smile:

I think the unofficial name for it is 'Turkglish'. The reason it may sound 'so smooth' is because English nouns are conjugated in the Turkish way, for instance 'running shoes'larını unutma, tonight biz kızların peşinde koşup ikimize birer tane yakalayacağız. I'll show you how to make a güzel Kıbrıs kız kebabı'. :colone:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2972
Original post by RamocitoMorales
I think the unofficial name for it is 'Turkglish'. The reason it may sound 'so smooth' is because English nouns are conjugated in the Turkish way, for instance 'running shoes'larını unutma, tonight biz kızların peşinde koşup ikimize birer tane yakalayacağız. I'll show you how to make a güzel Kıbrıs kız kebabı'. :colone:

And I think it's only the UK born or raised from very young age speak like that. Because when I speak, I sometimes use english words, but 1. it never fits into sentence smoothly, 2. I say that word because I dont know the translation
Original post by lNurl
And I think it's only the UK born or raised from very young age speak like that. Because when I speak, I sometimes use english words, but 1. it never fits into sentence smoothly, 2. I say that word because I dont know the translation

Speaking macaronically or writing so, isn't specific to the U.K. I do it with my Norwegian at times. Also Turks have a relatively long history of emigrating to England.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2974
Signs of assimilation.
Original post by lNurl
So you are coming to live in Azerbaijan then? :wink:

If you're inviting me, sure. :borat:

TheGameOfScience
in all honesty dude, she is probably smarter than both of us combined!!!

hollywoodbudgie I think you've got a secret (or not so secret) admirer. :giggle:

Akkuz
Istanbul is great to visit. But not to live. Even people who live there, say the same thing to me.

Now, now Akkuz, let's not get carried away and assume that your opinion is universal for everyone. I know people who say the opposite.

Akkuz
If you live in Istanbul, you need to relatively close to where you work, otherwise life is hell, spent on sweaty minibuses.

And where is life in London spent? That's right, enclosed in those sweaty non-airconditioned cans like sardines.

bluebubblegum
Or a glimpse of the British passport.

Tried that, didn't work. :sad:
Reply 2976
Original post by RamocitoMorales
If you're inviting me, sure. :borat:

I am definitely inviting you to visit as a tourist :smile: U will love it :wink:
What's so good about Azerbaijan lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2978
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
What's so good about Azerbaijan lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sea, Weather, Food, People, Hospitality, Types of attraction, types of tourism e.g: Beach holidays, adventure holidays, cultural holidays (or mixed).

It's good, because it is different! not like any other homogeneous tourist destination. Transport is cheap, so you can even visit most part of the country in a week.

Respect and Help towards tourist (anyone else too).

Language: Most young people can speak reasonable Russian, English and Turkish.
And another point: tourism is not the main or only income for the country. We invite people who wish to see beauties of the Azerbaijan, if you don't want to come, we have tons of oil to sustain the country :smile:

And we have our own currency which can compete with dollar and pound sterling, however it's slightly lower in value in comparison with pound, which means it's benefical for the UK tourist to visit Azerbaijan.

*Azerbaijan Tourism Board hire me*:biggrin:
Original post by lNurl
Sea, Weather, Food, People, Hospitality, Types of attraction, types of tourism e.g: Beach holidays, adventure holidays, cultural holidays (or mixed).

It's good, because it is different! not like any other homogeneous tourist destination. Transport is cheap, so you can even visit most part of the country in a week.

Respect and Help towards tourist (anyone else too).

Language: Most young people can speak reasonable Russian, English and Turkish.
And another point: tourism is not the main or only income for the country. We invite people who wish to see beauties of the Azerbaijan, if you don't want to come, we have tons of oil to sustain the country :smile:

And we have our own currency which can compete with dollar and pound sterling, however it's slightly lower in value in comparison with pound, which means it's benefical for the UK tourist to visit Azerbaijan.

*Azerbaijan Tourism Board hire me*:biggrin:

Rampant ethnic discrimination towards Kurds, Armenians etc... You know. I would like to actually to see the topography of Azerbaijan and architectural sites too. What part are from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest