The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SusieShire
Well done on the offers guys! I've not been on the thread much since I've been working full time in theatres! So exhausting but definitely worth it :smile: I have an interview at Dundee on Friday which I hope goes better than my St George's one which went terribly (got a rejection). I don't think I like MMI but unfortunately all my uni choices are MMI :s-smilie:

I met you at the SGUL interview didn't I? I wasn't so lucky either, I'm on the waiting list but it's a long shot!
Good luck with Dundee!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by itsmagic
I met you at the SGUL interview didn't I? I wasn't so lucky either, I'm on the waiting list but it's a long shot!
Good luck with Dundee!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes we were nervously chatting waiting for the interview :redface: Seems like such a long time ago now! Good luck with your other unis, hopefully the waiting list will come through for you! Mine went so terribly I didn't even make the list :colondollar:
Reply 3622
Hi guys! Thought it's definitely time I joined this thread - I am a reapplicant (4 pre-interview rejections last year which left me quite gutted), I have applied to Kings, Nottingham, Leicester and Sheffield this year but have heard nothing so far - should I be worried? Eeeeeek!
Original post by picnmix
Hi guys! Thought it's definitely time I joined this thread - I am a reapplicant (4 pre-interview rejections last year which left me quite gutted), I have applied to Kings, Nottingham, Leicester and Sheffield this year but have heard nothing so far - should I be worried? Eeeeeek!

I hate this saying but "no news is good news" :redface:
Reply 3624
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit

Ditto, if they wanted to reject you they could have easily done so by now, so I would say your chances are great for interviews, keep thinking positive :smile:
Reply 3625
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit

Lol I totally know what you mean - it's just so scary when you're going through the waiting process THE SECOND TIME :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3626
Original post by PG593
Ditto, if they wanted to reject you they could have easily done so by now, so I would say your chances are great for interviews, keep thinking positive :smile:

Aww that's definitely me feel better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3627
Original post by picnmix
Lol I totally know what you mean - it's just so scary when you're going through the waiting process THE SECOND TIME :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well all of us here are facing the devil a second time :colone:, so you're definitely not alone :wink: (bring it on I say! :fight: )
Reply 3628
Original post by PG593
Well all of us here are facing the devil a second time :colone:, so you're definitely not alone :wink: (bring it on I say! :fight: )

Haha! I guess we just need to keep thinking positive! How's your application going btw? Where did you apply? (Apologies if you've already been through this earlier in the thread).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3629
Original post by picnmix
Haha! I guess we just need to keep thinking positive! How's your application going btw? Where did you apply? (Apologies if you've already been through this earlier in the thread).

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the spirit :redface: It's going alright so far, had a nasty rejection from Exeter awhile back but also had a cool interview at Glasgow (went well I thought), got my second interview at Aberdeen in a few days time :eek: and still waiting to hear from Barts and the London Skl :crossedf: How you spending/enjoying your Gap Year? :biggrin:
Reply 3630
Original post by PG593
That's the spirit :redface: It's going alright so far, had a nasty rejection from Exeter awhile back but also had a cool interview at Glasgow (went well I thought), got my second interview at Aberdeen in a few days time :eek: and still waiting to hear from Barts and the London Skl :crossedf: How you spending/enjoying your Gap Year? :biggrin:

Sorry about the rejection from Exeter - their loss, eh? :P great news about your interviews though! :smile: my gap year is pretty dull atm if I'm honest - I'm working part time (looking for a full time job), doing a course in level 1 sign language and volunteering in a care home. In between that I'm pretty bored lol - how about you? I'm sure you're doing much more exciting things than I am!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PG593

For some reason I thought you were a grad applicant...I don't suppose your on the motor forums a lot?
Reply 3632
Original post by picnmix
Sorry about the rejection from Exeter - their loss, eh? :P great news about your interviews though! :smile: my gap year is pretty dull atm if I'm honest - I'm working part time (looking for a full time job), doing a course in level 1 sign language and volunteering in a care home. In between that I'm pretty bored lol - how about you? I'm sure you're doing much more exciting things than I am!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, it's not the end of the world, you have to focus on what you've got in this cycle, the good things. :smile: Sign language wow, always wanted to try that. I saw a heated argument once in sign language, it was quite entertaining but it looked so complicated…(god knows what they were saying). I think most people on gap years in this cycle are pretty bored, extremely nervous or even depressed given friends at uni, slaving away at their jobs etc. though I'm sure some are off travelling far away. Wish I could do the same but when you're waiting, I can't really enjoy myself if you know what I mean, holidays should be stress free and I probably wouldn't have much fun travelling at the moment with medicine on my mind. Anyways, I'm working at an architect firm in central London at the moment, I love drawing and being there I've had the chance to do a lot of technical drawing for new buildings across the capital. You would not believe how many residential streets are being knocked down for commercial offices. Got my grade 8 piano exam in a few weeks, it's perhaps one of the few things that keeps my mind off medicine by practising, though it's mid January so I know it's not a long way to go until judgement day :eek: I'm sure you'll hear from your choices v soon!
Original post by ameelia22
For some reason I thought you were a grad applicant...I don't suppose your on the motor forums a lot?

Moi? Oh no, I'm a baby undergrad applicant :cool: Motor forums, what do you mean? :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PG593

Moi? Oh no, I'm a baby undergrad applicant :cool: Motor forums, what do you mean? :tongue:

Just general car chat...you seem so...mature...

Do you drive a BMW?
Reply 3634
Just general car chat...you seem so...mature...

Do you drive a BMW?

Oh right, (Motor) I thought that was code for something medical hehe (typical me reading too much into things). I was thinking of getting one but my big brother chipped in with me to get 'our baby'. So, we bought a Porsche Boxster S from a friend, it's a pretty new 2012 model but I literally just passed my driving test and I really don't want to crash that car so I bought a cheap Nissan Micra last week, and will be practising driving properly on that until I feel comfortable in and around London.

Sorry to those with a Micra, it's a great car to practise in but I hate the look of it.:colone:

Insurance is the death of me but hopefully in a few months I'll take the Boxster for a proper ride in the country :biggrin: What car do you drive? :smile:
Original post by PG593
Oh right, (Motor) I thought that was code for something medical hehe (typical me reading too much into things). I was thinking of getting one but my big brother chipped in with me to get 'our baby'. So, we bought a Porsche Boxster S from a friend, it's a pretty new 2012 model but I literally just passed my driving test and I really don't want to crash that car so I bought a cheap Nissan Micra last week, and will be practising driving properly on that until I feel comfortable in and around London.

Sorry to those with a Micra, it's a great car to practise in but I hate the look of it.:colone:

Insurance is the death of me but hopefully in a few months I'll take the Boxster for a proper ride in the country :biggrin: What car do you drive? :smile:

You wot. You drive a PORSCHE?! Oh good lord. GOOD lord man. How the hell did you get insured on that?!

I just bought a '04 Ford Fiesta - ended up doing the legit insurance with ingenie. Let's see, so far, I've managed to drive with the handbrake half down, managed to ignore my mirrors when changing lanes and so nearly scraped the young fellow on my right side, and then almost scraped the fellow on the left side, then I cut someone up on the roundabout without even knowing it... I am literally the worst driver ever :|

P.S. You don't think i've completely ****ed my brakes by managing to drive with the handbrake half down do you?
On hold with Manchester :frown: Guess the battle rages on till march! :tongue:
Reply 3637
You wot. You drive a PORSCHE?! Oh good lord. GOOD lord man. How the hell did you get insured on that?!

I just bought a '04 Ford Fiesta - ended up doing the legit insurance with ingenie. Let's see, so far, I've managed to drive with the handbrake half down, managed to ignore my mirrors when changing lanes and so nearly scraped the young fellow on my right side, and then almost scraped the fellow on the left side, then I cut someone up on the roundabout without even knowing it... I am literally the worst driver ever :|

P.S. You don't think i've completely ****ed my brakes by managing to drive with the handbrake half down do you?

Well it didn't come cheap let's leave at that…:tongue: To be honest I'll admit I've been spoiled tons in my life mainly because on both sides of my family (half greek/half chinese) none of my uncles and aunts (8 on each side) have any children so most of the generosity is spread across me and my brother (de monies) :colone:.

Oh god, I've been in a few jams like that myself, my main phobia is cyclists they're everywhere in London and they come up so swift and silent, always in my blind spot. I nearly knocked one down the other day...if I didn't slam my horn to alert him, he would've been flattened by the lorry crossing at the junction. Can you drive and talk yet? I cannot, if you're in the car with me…just stfu haha, I won't be talking to you, I'll be 300% focused on the road. :tongue:

Erm, no I think it you really screwed up your brakes you would notice quite quickly but don't make that a daily habit. I've done it myself many times but from now I just immediately put the handbrake down when I'm setting off, check the mirrors…parking is a b-itch though haha, any tips? :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3638
Original post by raveen789
On hold with Manchester :frown: Guess the battle rages on till march! :tongue:

At least you're still in the game mate :smile:
Original post by PG593
Well it didn't come cheap let's leave at that…:tongue: To be honest I'll admit I've been spoiled tons in my life mainly because on both sides of my family (half greek/half chinese) none of my uncles and aunts (8 on each side) have any children so most of the generosity is spread across me and my brother (de monies) :colone:.

Oh god, I've been in a few jams like that myself, my main phobia is cyclists they're everywhere in London and they come up so swift and silent, always in my blind spot. I nearly knocked one down the other day...if I didn't slam my horn to alert him, he would've been flattened by the lorry crossing at the junction. Can you drive and talk yet? I cannot, if you're in the car with me…just stfu haha, I won't be talking to you, I'll be 300% focused on the road. :tongue:

Erm, no I think it you really screwed up your brakes you would notice quite quickly but don't make that a daily habit. I've done it myself many times but from now I just immediately put the handbrake down when I'm setting off, check the mirrors…parking is a b-itch though haha, any tips? :wink:

Oh my, my cousins clearly came a few years too early then...

In my area the only cyclists ride BMX's with their jeans half-way down their ass and occasionally make a weird noise that goes "brap" a bit like a mate-calling i've always thought...

I certainly can't talk and drive. There have been moments where i've been singing along to the radio, but in that instance, I was literally playing along my own road-rules drifting etc. I'm so worried about my car - it's genuinely my baby, I'm constantly scared i'll break it and what an expensive toy to break. Do you intend on taking a car to Uni? (may be not if your in London)... Originally I would have said there was no point, but now I have a car and will have a years NCB I don't really want to give it up and not have my car... even if I don't use it that much, do you know what I mean?

Parking? What's that? I just find a space (regardless of whether it's on the sidewalk, in the middle of the road, or across 3 bays) and put the handbrake on and rush off before anyone tells me off. I don't think I've done a single parrallel park yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending