The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1860
Original post by Samodude11
What is the lowest ukcat score anyone has seen for a graduate interview on A100?

I'm a graduate with an interview and my score is 730... pretty low by graduate standards!
Can anyone tell me a bit about the interview- I've completely forgotten everything about Barts now haha
Reply 1862
Original post by ISuckAtMaths
Same here, congrats!

Scores on the doors for grad a101 interviews?
Original post by ivosk
Scores on the doors for grad a101 interviews?

You mean UKCAT scores, work experience and such?
Reply 1864
Original post by ISuckAtMaths
You mean UKCAT scores, work experience and such?

UKCAT please
Have any graduates heard anything back for the 4 year course?
Reply 1867
Some people have heard back the same time as Warwick invites. I got an invite from Warwick and then an hour later an email from Bart's saying they will use the Warwick SC to consider me for a place. I'm not sure what the situation is for anyone who has only applied to Bart's.
Reply 1868
Original post by candyloveee
Have any graduates heard anything back for the 4 year course?

Original post by billYTB6
Some people have heard back the same time as Warwick invites. I got an invite from Warwick and then an hour later an email from Bart's saying they will use the Warwick SC to consider me for a place. I'm not sure what the situation is for anyone who has only applied to Bart's.

Got an interview invitation yesterday for graduate entry, I haven't applied to Warwick.
Just called al... Yup al interviews given out for a101 ... Cut off 3010 f*^, off missing it by 2.5 there is no god and no bloody luck !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hello101
just called al... Yup al interviews given out for a101 ... Cut off 3010 f*^, off missing it by 2.5 there is no god and no bloody luck !!!

posted from tsr mobile

what about a100
Original post by ocelot92
what about a100

Well they didn't say.. They said interviews are stil being given out and February slots interview I think they said next week or so ... They said its 10 days before .. If they reject me for a100 I will appeal as I meet everything for a100 .... Considering a101 as 2.5 off on a Ukcat is not easy to take in .. Effectively it was the next possible score !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1872
Well they didn't say.. They said interviews are stil being given out and February slots interview I think they said next week or so ... They said its 10 days before .. If they reject me for a100 I will appeal as I meet everything for a100 .... Considering a101 as 2.5 off on a Ukcat is not easy to take in .. Effectively it was the next possible score !

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really sorry mate, that is so unlucky but never say never until you get a rejection from them for A101. I'm sure you'll get one for the undergrad course, hoping we both do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is annoying but effectively they have to have a cut off at some point and there's always going to be people narrowly missing it..

Good luck for the A100

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hopefulgrad14
It is annoying but effectively they have to have a cut off at some point and there's always going to be people narrowly missing it..

Good luck for the A100

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup I know but there had to be a cut off based on evidence that someone with a higher score has a better chance of making a doc.... Some unis actually look at the whole application when it comes to cut off borderline applicants which is the only fair way of doing this .... If it's just about having cut off they why do people have systems for borderline candidates e.g. Unî classifications marks .... No it's just medical schools want to reduce their work load ( and u know this is true .. If you don't well what can I say) which goes against the whole idea but I guess I have to earn the right to earn to say that

What good is being in the top what ever percent of the whole applicants when u can't even get an interview .....
These are good scores.. So the cut off will always seem more harsh when you get to the top scores .....
Anyways u have an interview ......
well done enjoy it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1875
Any year 13 first time applicants who still haven't heard???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rosine
Any year 13 first time applicants who still haven't heard???

Posted from TSR Mobile

meeee
Reply 1877
Original post by alicia2908
meeee

Well .. At least I'm not the only one. The wait continues ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rosine
Well .. At least I'm not the only one. The wait continues ....

Posted from TSR Mobile

what are your stats?
Reply 1879
Original post by alicia2908
what are your stats?

As: AAAA
Predictions: A*A*A*
Ukcat: 755

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest