The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2980
Original post by AntisthenesDogger
Rampant ethnic discrimination towards Kurds, Armenians etc... You know. I would like to actually to see the topography of Azerbaijan and architectural sites too. What part are from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope I don't know. We have nothing against Kurds, actually Haydar Aliyev was ethnic Kurd.
About Armenians, I am not gonna make this thread political discussion about Armenia and Azerbaijan, considering it's Turkish thread. Not every Turk on TSR wants to read it probably.
I think you have wrong impression of Azerbaijan, but you can visit and make decision yourself. We are very tolerate republic.

what do you mean "what part are from?"
Original post by lNurl
Nope I don't know. We have nothing against Kurds, actually Haydar Aliyev was ethnic Kurd.
About Armenians, I am not gonna make this thread political discussion about Armenia and Azerbaijan, considering it's Turkish thread. Not every Turk on TSR wants to read it probably.
I think you have wrong impression of Azerbaijan, but you can visit and make decision yourself. We are very tolerate republic.

what do you mean "what part are from?"

I would disagree. And aye this is the wrong place to discuss it. I mean, what part of Azerbaijan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2982
I would disagree. And aye this is the wrong place to discuss it. I mean, what part of Azerbaijan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

what would you disagree with? Have you ever been in Azerbaijan? It's like saying I hate pizza, I never tasted it, but still I hate it.

I would say don't be that judgemental unless you see it, and if you ever decide to go to Azerbaijan, don't do it to prove yourself you are right, don't look for bad things, don't blame the country if the sun is too shiny and you dont like it :smile: You should have neutral view before you arrive :redface: Every single person can find negatives in every single nation.

I am from capital.Born and grown up there.
Original post by lNurl
I am definitely inviting you to visit as a tourist :smile: U will love it :wink:

I shall expect a presidential welcome when I arrive. :horse:

AntisthenesDogger
Rampant ethnic discrimination towards Kurds, Armenians etc.

It's quite a funny little merry-go-round of ethnic 'hatred' that supposedly exists in the region. You say that Azerbaijanis discriminate towards Kurds and Armenians, but then Armenians also discriminate towards Kurds, etc.

And to be honest, you could say the same sort of thing to an Englishman trying to advertise his country for tourism with 'rampant ethnic discrimination towards South Asians and African-Caribbeans' (and don't pretend it doesn't exist).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Since you're obviously not Turkish, where are you from?
Reply 2985
Original post by bluebubblegum

He has Greek flag on his profile.
Original post by lNurl
what would you disagree with? Have you ever been in Azerbaijan? It's like saying I hate pizza, I never tasted it, but still I hate it.

I would say don't be that judgemental unless you see it, and if you ever decide to go to Azerbaijan, don't do it to prove yourself you are right, don't look for bad things, don't blame the country if the sun is too shiny and you dont like it :smile: You should have neutral view before you arrive :redface: Every single person can find negatives in every single nation.

I am from capital.Born and grown up there.

Just because I haven't been to a place it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion or know of a place. And I am objective of pretty much every place, it doesn't negate the fact I can see faults with it. And my flag on my username hardly means anything. I was born in Anatolia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you deduce I'm not Turkish? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you deduce I'm not Turkish? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some of your posts stood out to me... :colone:

So where are you from?
Original post by RamocitoMorales
I shall expect a presidential welcome when I arrive. :horse:

It's quite a funny little merry-go-round of ethnic 'hatred' that supposedly exists in the region. You say that Azerbaijanis discriminate towards Kurds and Armenians, but then Armenians also discriminate towards Kurds, etc.

And to be honest, you could say the same sort of thing to an Englishman trying to advertise his country for tourism with 'rampant ethnic discrimination towards South Asians and African-Caribbeans' (and don't pretend it doesn't exist).

Not to the level in relation to these though aye there is discrimination in every place, rather the discrimination in places like Turkey, Azerbaijan verges on ethnographical and historical ignorance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some of your posts stood out to me... :colone:

So where are you from?

I was born in Turkey, my parents are Norwegian. Also my avatar Antisthenes was from Sinope in Anatolia ha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was born in Turkey, my parents are Norwegian. Also my avatar Antisthenes was from Sinope in Anatolia ha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, was it your parents' work or something that brought you to Turkey? Also i saw lNurl said you have a Greek flag, why is that?
Wow, was it your parents' work or something that brought you to Turkey? Also i saw lNurl said you have a Greek flag, why is that?

My Mums work yes. And because I'm a Hellenist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My Mums work yes. And because I'm a Hellenist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of interest what do you aim to gain from this thread?
Out of interest what do you aim to gain from this thread?

Can I not just enjoy reading and talking on here? Must there be a specific aim.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can I not just enjoy reading and talking on here? Must there be a specific aim.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not at all, i was just interested.
I'm mass quoting to keep you guys here :ninja:

Original post by S-man10
I hate those eyes. The bathroom is the worst place to have one

And sad someone has so much confidence in you :mmm:

They are creepy. Do you know what they're for? (Might as well give a cultural lesson seeing as you're here :tongue:)

You know, I'm starting to miss those days where you'd just quote me with ffs :facepalm2: or just HWB :jiggy:

:sigh:

Original post by TheGameOfScience
YESSS exactly!!!! :cool: so hush mr s dude:tongue:

Internet back up lol :cool:

Original post by lNurl
haha, i dont like massive ones, but i like tiny ones on jewellery ^^

Typical summer holiday beach bracelets :tongue:

Original post by lNurl
I saw so many turks in London speaking in "mixed language" eng+turkish, and they make it sound so smooth like its a separate language :smile:

I do this too when with the guy I'm dating without realising it :colondollar:

It kinda helps when you're more comfortable speaking English, but want to say some things you wouldn't want others to hear :tongue:

for instance 'running shoes'larını unutma, tonight biz kızların peşinde koşup ikimize birer tane yakalayacağız. I'll show you how to make a güzel Kıbrıs kız kebabı'. :colone:

:lmao:

If you're inviting me, sure. :borat:
hollywoodbudgie I think you've got a secret (or not so secret) admirer. :giggle:

It's the coolest I've ever felt in my entire life :proud:

And it looks like you're doing some admiring yourself :wink2:
Original post by hollywoodbudgie

They are creepy. Do you know what they're for? (Might as well give a cultural lesson seeing as you're here :tongue:)

You know, I'm starting to miss those days where you'd just quote me with ffs :facepalm2: or just HWB :jiggy:

someone who has a fetish to be watched whilst taking a ****? :laugh:

What days?
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
:lmao:

Well I'm glad someone found it funny.

hollywoodbudgie
And it looks like you're doing some admiring yourself :wink2:

Well, you know what it's like when you're me. It's hard not to admire oneself.

AntisthenesDogger
I was born in Turkey.

So I assume you have one of these:

Spoiler

Open Question time!!!!!

what do you think is the best mix with a turkish person e.g: turkish cypriot + english or turkish + germany (like ozil) feel free to give your answers and opinions

Answer away my turkish bretherins/sisters
:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest