The Student Room Group

MSc Pre Reg Physiotherapy 2014

Heyyyy can someone heeeeeelp me please! I've applied for undergrad physio but was going to apply for pre reg too (graduating from Biomedical science this year), I really need someone who is doing this course atm, or has done it! I've not studies physiology in my final year and I really need someone to let me know what the workload is like for the pre reg? Or does anyone who's applying know what it's like?

Thinking of Essex and Southampton but not sure of where else to look at.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Hey, personally i think it was quite easy to understand but saw a lot of my classmates struggle with it!!! have you studied any form of physiology???
Reply 2
Original post by KanyeMaz
Hey, personally i think it was quite easy to understand but saw a lot of my classmates struggle with it!!! have you studied any form of physiology???

Thanks for replying! I've done a level PE and had a physiology module in first year at uni but apart from that no. That's why I'm worried, because I don't know how hard the physiology will be especially as I've not done much
Reply 3
how in depth was the module in your first year?
Reply 4
how in depth was the module in your first year?

Well I used my a level knowledge and got a 2:1 so not exactly detailed :/
Reply 5
OK well the physiology i had to do in my first year consisted of:
Homeostasis and Cell Physiology
Energy Systems and metabolism
Muscle Physiology
Cardiovascular
Respiratory
Nervous System
Renal
Endocrine
Bone
Hope that helps
Reply 6
OK well the physiology i had to do in my first year consisted of:
Homeostasis and Cell Physiology
Energy Systems and metabolism
Muscle Physiology
Cardiovascular
Respiratory
Nervous System
Renal
Endocrine
Bone
Hope that helps

I've done some of that, how in detail is the muscle and bone stuff?
Reply 7
Original post by Ellenafarrow14
Heyyyy can someone heeeeeelp me please! I've applied for undergrad physio but was going to apply for pre reg too (graduating from Biomedical science this year), I really need someone who is doing this course atm, or has done it! I've not studies physiology in my final year and I really need someone to let me know what the workload is like for the pre reg? Or does anyone who's applying know what it's like?

Thinking of Essex and Southampton but not sure of where else to look at.

Thanks!

Are you applying for the undergraduate or MSc?? :s-smilie: I'm graduating from biomed this year and considering physiotherapy too.
Reply 8
Ahh good good...youve done some theres no need to be worried :smile:!! I have a number of slide shows on all of the above if you would like them??

Quick Reply

Latest