The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3640
Original post by ameelia22
Oh my, my cousins clearly came a few years too early then...

In my area the only cyclists ride BMX's with their jeans half-way down their ass and occasionally make a weird noise that goes "brap" a bit like a mate-calling i've always thought...

I certainly can't talk and drive. There have been moments where i've been singing along to the radio, but in that instance, I was literally playing along my own road-rules drifting etc. I'm so worried about my car - it's genuinely my baby, I'm constantly scared i'll break it and what an expensive toy to break. Do you intend on taking a car to Uni? (may be not if your in London)... Originally I would have said there was no point, but now I have a car and will have a years NCB I don't really want to give it up and not have my car... even if I don't use it that much, do you know what I mean?

Parking? What's that? I just find a space (regardless of whether it's on the sidewalk, in the middle of the road, or across 3 bays) and put the handbrake on and rush off before anyone tells me off. I don't think I've done a single parrallel park yet!

Ugh, run those dogs down :tongue: Haha, that's comforting, I think the funniest time was rapping along to Drake whilst having an argument with the window down to another young driver at the traffic lights. In the end despite our indicating issues we both agreed that 'Hold on we're going Home' was a 'sicckk' tune :colone:

I know! I treat my car as if it's my child…no one messes with my Micra (I've named her Missy, how sad is that?) :biggrin: A flavour of being a parent :redface: If it's not in London then definitely, I guess you'll be taking yours to Manchester or is that not your first choice? Even if you don't use it, it's handy to have it around, and I love for the weekend if you just want to go somewhere…you just go vroom vroom adios b-itches :wink:

Lmao I can imagine you slipping in a bay and stealing someone's space and just shrugging your shoulders wearing huge sunglasses whilst puffing a cigarette, and saying to the other driver 'C'est la vie.' :cool:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3641
Hey Guys how's it going?
I'm getting so bored of being a HCA but I don't think I could deal with a office job or retail :confused:
Have to wait till April to hear from Bristol post interview and nothing yet from my last hope Leeds :frown:
Reply 3642
Original post by ashamoh
Hey Guys how's it going?
I'm getting so bored of being a HCA but I don't think I could deal with a office job or retail :confused:
Have to wait till April to hear from Bristol post interview and nothing yet from my last hope Leeds :frown:

that sounds pretty good dude, how do you feel your bristol interview went? either way I guess all you can do is wait.
For HCA stuff once I've got some money saved etc i'm planning on dropping down to maybe just a few shifts a weeks- I genuinely enjoy some aspects of the job but I know exactly what you mean when you say youre getting bored of it
Original post by PG593
Ugh, run those dogs down :tongue: Haha, that's comforting, I think the funniest time was rapping along to Drake whilst having an argument with the window down to another young driver at the traffic lights. In the end despite our indicating issues we both agreed that 'Hold on we're going Home' was a 'sicckk' tune :colone:

I know! I treat my car as if it's my child…no one messes with my Micra (I've named her Missy, how sad is that?) :biggrin: A flavour of being a parent :redface: If it's not in London then definitely, I guess you'll be taking yours to Manchester or is that not your first choice? Even if you don't use it, it's handy to have it around, and I love for the weekend if you just want to go somewhere…you just go vroom vroom adios b-itches :wink:

Lmao I can imagine you slipping in a bay and stealing someone's space and just shrugging your shoulders wearing huge sunglasses whilst puffing a cigarette, and saying to the other driver 'C'est la vie.' :cool:

Haha it's tempting!! I love a bit of rapping to drake :') Manchester isn't my first choice actually. I'm rather hoping for Sheffield... but either way I'd like to take my car. I think i'll have to get some serious support taking it up there though as I don't think it's going to be surviving tooo many journeys on the motorway (80k on the clock and all that)... and plus my mom said she'd have a mini stroke if I dared do it alone!

Yeah, i'm mainly thinking about supermarket trips and stuff will be made so much easier... none of this shopping bags on the bus etc.

LOL that is genuinely me. I come out of my car dressed like I've had a party in a thrift shop, flick my hair back, pout and pretend that parking half in a disabled bay, half on a pedestrian pathway is normal. Anyone gives me a dirty look, just flick that hair once more :tongue: I come across like such a biatch LOL
Haha it's tempting!! I love a bit of rapping to drake :') Manchester isn't my first choice actually. I'm rather hoping for Sheffield... but either way I'd like to take my car. I think i'll have to get some serious support taking it up there though as I don't think it's going to be surviving tooo many journeys on the motorway (80k on the clock and all that)... and plus my mom said she'd have a mini stroke if I dared do it alone!

Mate, mine's got 105,000 on the clock and copes perfectly well with the 400-mile trip to uni. That I do alone (;

Also - congrats on your offer!! :woo:
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Mate, mine's got 105,000 on the clock and copes perfectly well with the 400-mile trip to uni. That I do alone (;

Also - congrats on your offer!! :woo:

Ooooh what do you drive? It's not really my concern, but more my moms. She thinks that I will die if I go any further than the 4 roads out of my city hahaha...

SO glad to hear from you!!!! YES, I am over the moon :biggrin: thank you!
Ooooh what do you drive? It's not really my concern, but more my moms. She thinks that I will die if I go any further than the 4 roads out of my city hahaha...

SO glad to hear from you!!!! YES, I am over the moon :biggrin: thank you!

Toyota Yaris (: Nothing special but it's never skipped a beat and is as reliable as anything. It had around 80k on the clock when I got it and it just.. keeps on going.

Haha, my mum was like that at first. But, being in an LDR, she got used to it pretty quickly. Still makes me text her when I get to places more than an hour away though..

It's very well deserved! My fingers are crossed for Sheffield but at least you've got your foot in the door at least.
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Toyota Yaris (: Nothing special but it's never skipped a beat and is as reliable as anything. It had around 80k on the clock when I got it and it just.. keeps on going.

Haha, my mum was like that at first. But, being in an LDR, she got used to it pretty quickly. Still makes me text her when I get to places more than an hour away though..

It's very well deserved! My fingers are crossed for Sheffield but at least you've got your foot in the door at least.

Ah toyota's for you - VERY reliable! Not so confident with my Ford :s-smilie:

Yes, am feeling so so blessed to have that 1 offer!!! Sheffield would be great as one of my best friends is at uni there too and stuff, but quite frankly we all know what it's like to not have any offers so to have 1 - over the moon!
Reply 3648
Original post by PG593
Well it didn't come cheap let's leave at that…:tongue: To be honest I'll admit I've been spoiled tons in my life mainly because on both sides of my family (half greek/half chinese) none of my uncles and aunts (8 on each side) have any children so most of the generosity is spread across me and my brother (de monies) :colone:.

Oh god, I've been in a few jams like that myself, my main phobia is cyclists they're everywhere in London and they come up so swift and silent, always in my blind spot. I nearly knocked one down the other day...if I didn't slam my horn to alert him, he would've been flattened by the lorry crossing at the junction. Can you drive and talk yet? I cannot, if you're in the car with me…just stfu haha, I won't be talking to you, I'll be 300% focused on the road. :tongue:

Erm, no I think it you really screwed up your brakes you would notice quite quickly but don't make that a daily habit. I've done it myself many times but from now I just immediately put the handbrake down when I'm setting off, check the mirrors…parking is a b-itch though haha, any tips? :wink:

Porsche, wow that's a bit crazy, especially for what an 18/19year old. How many lessons did you get, I'm thinking of starting soon. And cool can you speak Greek and Chinese?
Reply 3649
Original post by Chi-
Porsche, wow that's a bit crazy, especially for what an 18/19year old. How many lessons did you get, I'm thinking of starting soon. And cool can you speak Greek and Chinese?

Haha well my dad has it under lock and key in a garage until I can prove I can drive responsibly with my Micra plus I'm taking the additional pass scheme for more experience (helps with insurance too). Definitely start as soon as you can, especially if you're on a gap year and you've got the time. Hehe yes I speak both fluently :smile: More often than not though I also speak Hokkien, (a southern dialect) in my mum's village as they reside in Ipoh just off Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia rather than mainland China. :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3650
Original post by PG593
Haha well my dad has it under lock and key in a garage until I can prove I can drive responsibly with my Micra plus I'm taking the additional pass scheme for more experience (helps with insurance too). Definitely start as soon as you can, especially if you're on a gap year and you've got the time. Hehe yes I speak both fluently :smile: More often than not though I also speak Hokkien, (a southern dialect) in my mum's village as they reside in Ipoh just off Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia rather than mainland China. :wink:

Still its almost unheard of haha.
Aw cool, I can speak hakka not sure if it has similarities to hokkien, I think it does, coz a lot of Malaysians can speak hakka too.
Oh how did you interviews go?
Original post by PG593

I think you're actually the coolest person I know
Do you guys think 13k saved up will be enough to live comfortably at uni for a 6 year course?
Offer from leicester!!!!
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
Do you guys think 13k saved up will be enough to live comfortably at uni for a 6 year course?

Yeah I think that's it's fine, you will be quite happy :biggrin:
If you don't mind me asking what did you do to save up that much?
Original post by purple and gold
Yeah I think that's it's fine, you will be quite happy :biggrin:
If you don't mind me asking what did you do to save up that much?

Worked as a HCA and as a online shopper at sainsburys :smile: plus some private tutoring too.
Reply 3656
Worked as a HCA and as a online shopper at sainsburys :smile: plus some private tutoring too.

How long did that take, pretty incredible ammount.

How can you work as an online shopper? :biggrin:
Original post by minhle20
Offer from leicester!!!!

Congratulations! Is it your first choice?
Original post by Chi-
How long did that take, pretty incredible ammount.

Yeah it is :tongue: i have 11.1k from over 12 months and by April I should have 13k :smile:
Original post by purple and gold
How can you work as an online shopper? :biggrin:

At supermarkets, I shop for people who have done their shopping online so I go around the supermarket picking items and putting and packing them :biggrin: very boring which is why I want to leave soon.
Congratulations! Is it your first choice?

I guess by default it is...

I actually haven't thought about that yet...I was sort of taking the mentality of anywhere that'll take me will do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending