The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8140
Anyone looking to go the the Wembley games next season? I'm going to be in school when the tickets go on sale, so does anyone know the likelihood of them selling out by 5:30-6pm?
Reply 8141
bOARR5u.jpg

"What does a guy have to do to get a goddamn high five around here?"
Time for some Championship Weekend predictions.

NFC: I think I'm going to take the 49ers against the Seahawks. I have no idea why I'm taking the Niners, I guess I just don't think Russell Wilson will be able to throw the ball at all, nor do I think Lynch will dominate again. The SF offense is coming into its own, showing some good balance between the pass and the run. I'm not sure the crew of Crabtree, Boldin, and Davis is necessarily enough to overcome Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor and the rest of the legion of boom, but I think they keep that Seahawks defense guessing. My mind still says Seahawks, but I'm going with my heart. Niners 23 - 20 Seahawks.

AFC
: I like the Patriots against the Broncos, especially with the losses of Harris and Von Miller. That Denver defense can be had even with a depleted receiving crew. Outside of DRC, the Denver DB's are old, slow dudes who can get burnt, whether it be on a slant or a go route. I also think the Pats can run it against a pretty good Denver defense, because their O-Line is a smash-mouth unit, which has been dominant this season. As for matching up against Manning, I think Talib on D. Thomas, Dennard on Decker, Collins on J. Thomas, Arrington/Ryan on Welker will get it done. Yet, the Broncos should be able to run it at will again, especially if the Patriots are in nickel/dime all the time like last game. Still I think the Patriots match-up as well as you realistically can against the Bronco offense, and can shred a porous Denver defense. Patriots 31 - 30 Broncos.
(edited 10 years ago)
Need to Blount force trauma them.
Reply 8144
Original post by TSR561
Anyone looking to go the the Wembley games next season? I'm going to be in school when the tickets go on sale, so does anyone know the likelihood of them selling out by 5:30-6pm?

I'll hopefully be at the Cowboys @ Jags game. They're usually sold out by the Superbowl, I can't see them being totally sold out by the end of the day. I'll be negotiating with my seminar tutor to make the our 10 minute break at 10 rather than 9:50 anyway
Reply 8145
Original post by Wattsy
I'll hopefully be at the Cowboys @ Jags game. They're usually sold out by the Superbowl, I can't see them being totally sold out by the end of the day. I'll be negotiating with my seminar tutor to make the our 10 minute break at 10 rather than 9:50 anyway

Awesome, a few friends and I are targetting the Lions game. A friend doesn't come in til 11 so he'll probably book them before leaving :smile: Have you been in previous years?
So yeah, I'm going to Wembley!

Lions @ Falcons :smile:
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
So yeah, I'm going to Wembley!

Lions @ Falcons :smile:

Going to all three. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RabbitCFH
Going to all three. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not as rich as you :frown:
Might try and get tickets to Lions at Falcons... I'll take any though really - my first NFL game :sexface:

Done high school football, college football... next level pls
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
I'm not as rich as you :frown:

Haha I'm hardly rich :tongue:

It will be awesome though. You'll love it. I did when I went last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8151
Going to Cowboys - Jaguars

Can't wait, Steelers - Vikes last year was awesome so I'm expecting more of the same !

:excited:
Reply 8152
Woo! Got a lot of mates together for the Lions game. We're in the farthest back row though, so I have no idea how much of the game we'll actually be able to see... Anyone who's been to Wembley know if views are overall fairly decent?
Original post by TSR561
Woo! Got a lot of mates together for the Lions game. We're in the farthest back row though, so I have no idea how much of the game we'll actually be able to see... Anyone who's been to Wembley know if views are overall fairly decent?

Honestly mate there really isn't a bad seat. Plus live sport is as much about the atmosphere as the sport.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8154
Original post by Sammy Lanka
Honestly mate there really isn't a bad seat. Plus live sport is as much about the atmosphere as the sport.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard that the seats in the corners aren't great for NFL viewing.

wembley seat mao.gif

I'm in 514 for Cowboys @ Jags and despite the height I think it'll be a great spot to watch the game from because you'll see everything from a very non-TV angle and you'll be able to see both sides of the ball easily until the ball is in the opposite side redzone. That said I am bringing my glasses because that looks a long distance!
Reply 8155
Original post by Wattsy
I heard that the seats in the corners aren't great for NFL viewing.

wembley seat mao.gif

I'm in 514 for Cowboys @ Jags and despite the height I think it'll be a great spot to watch the game from because you'll see everything from a very non-TV angle and you'll be able to see both sides of the ball easily until the ball is in the opposite side redzone. That said I am bringing my glasses because that looks a long distance!

I'm in 552 right at the back! I guess the central position will be great as I'll get a good view regardless of where the action is.
Reply 8156
Original post by TSR561
I'm in 552 right at the back! I guess the central position will be great as I'll get a good view regardless of where the action is.

If you're in 552 you're at like midfield, thats decent, I was trying to get that sort of seat at first but I just kept getting corner offers on the re-roll so in the end I went endzone and am very happy with my seats right between the sticks.

Here's a more readable seat map for when we're comparing seats too. I just realised that one is borderline unreadable at its size.

stadchart_wembley.gif
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8157
Original post by Wattsy
If you're in 552 you're at like midfield, thats decent, I was trying to get that sort of seat at first but I just kept getting corner offers on the re-roll so in the end I went endzone and am very happy with my seats right between the sticks.

Yeah, I've been to a couple of football matches behind the goals, the atmosphere is crazy there.
Reply 8158
Original post by TSR561
Yeah, I've been to a couple of football matches behind the goals, the atmosphere is crazy there.

Yeah, and there lies the one problem with my seats in 514, its got the entrance to the stand underneath it and thus that section is smaller than the rest so may lack a bit of that atmosphere but hell, if either side is a little crazy it'll probably transfer to our section. I'm bringing my brother, sister and uncle to the game and we're making a family weekend of it which will be nice. My sister though, is attending the game because she likes facepaint and the thought of huge men in armour smashing into each other. I'm going to have to educate her about the game before we go or she'll do my head in asking questions, my brother and uncle can hold their own though so I anticipate some good football chat. I also hope the people in the stand want to talk to you in the game breaks because I enjoy random encounters with strangers at places like this, it makes the whole thing more memorable.
Reply 8159
Original post by Wattsy
Yeah, and there lies the one problem with my seats in 514, its got the entrance to the stand underneath it and thus that section is smaller than the rest so may lack a bit of that atmosphere but hell, if either side is a little crazy it'll probably transfer to our section. I'm bringing my brother, sister and uncle to the game and we're making a family weekend of it which will be nice. My sister though, is attending the game because she likes facepaint and the thought of huge men in armour smashing into each other. I'm going to have to educate her about the game before we go or she'll do my head in asking questions, my brother and uncle can hold their own though so I anticipate some good football chat. I also hope the people in the stand want to talk to you in the game breaks because I enjoy random encounters with strangers at places like this, it makes the whole thing more memorable.

Wherever you are, you're bound to have people next to you who are going to be very lively. And that's awesome! My family just can't get into sport, and the friends I'm bringing along are also uneducated when it comes to the "rugby copy". A few tutoring sessions will be needed :tongue:

Latest